The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT Jill Valentine - As T-1000 could be released in next month, Berserker could arrive in Oct or Nov, and Landa might be Nov or Dec. I see no space for me to gather some money and buy her, but I really want her and fear she'll be out of stock too soon.

HT Royce - At first I do not wish to collect any human character from predator line but this guy turns out very good and the price is not too high. However, my mind has set for Falconer because I like his design the most in the new movie.

HT Chris Taylor - I'm only interested in Barnes and Elias for this line. But CT price is very tempting.

Damn I wish I could find a winning lottery ticket by accident.

HT Chris Taylor - I'm only interested in Barnes and Elias for this line. But CT price is very tempting.

If anyone only wants one in the line, Chris Taylor is it! The star of the show and the son of two fathers! :rock

Plus, Hot Toys nailed the Sheen Likeness. No guarantee they'll do the same with the others.

Whenever I had anything on my "to resist" list... it seems to me it just means I'll get it later!

Hot Toys Predators, Inglorious Bastards, Prince of Persia, Watchmen, Assassins Creed, Blade 2, T-2, Kamui Gaiden...um...everything?

At this point I have to admit I have a disease that I'm sure many of us here have. We want to buy everything because they just look so good. Forget that we never were "really" interested in the series, the movie, or the character. Forget that these are costly. Forget that more will come and unless something changes your lifestyle, we will keep buying them and one day realize we've spent a lot more than we should have!

lol...but it feels damn good now...resisting hurts..

Love the way you think here. Really, I read it and feel better to pass some good-looking figs that I wasn't interested in at first. So bye bye Mr.Taylor and Mr.Royce.:wave (unless I find a winning lottery ticket someday:lol)

Maybe this thread could become a support group. :rotfl

Maybe this thread could become a support group. :rotfl

That was kinda the idea. Just to see that others, like you, are constantly battling with themselves whether or not to buy these cool new collectibles we're being bombarded with. We'd like to get it all, but we can't. And how do you choose?

Trying to resist:
HT Comedian- will likely crack, but haven't yet
HT Wolverine- love the figure, hate the movie... will still likey crack
Medicom Kenada and Bike- sold off most of my animated style 1/6 figures so this one isn't too hard, also the price is ridiculous
HT Marcus Wright- Will likely get, but waiting for a deal

And just for fun... lets update this:
HT Comedian- Bought!
HT Wolverine- Bought!
Medicom Kenada and Bike- Bought!
HT Marcus Wright- Bought! But then sold 'cause it kind of sucked.

So much for trying to resist :rolleyes2 :lol

So lets try this again:
New Trying To Resist List:
Can't think of anything :lol

Currently trying to resist

-HT's Original Costume Batman - this one might be one I give into.

-HT's IM Mark I - just too pricey and I might actually be satisfied with the new MK IV and War Machine as far as IM goes.

-HT's Inglorious Bastards line...all two of them! :lol

-Pop Culture's Lion - O Exclusive Statue - completely mixed about this right now...would want Panthro (will definitely get this anyways), Cheetara (close 2nd to Panthro), Tigra and Lion-O but if they are going to price out at almost $400 for each one...:horror :thud:.

No way in he** do I want to get the Panthro and the Cheetara and then decide I want the rest and have to track them down though. Guess I'm going to preorder and go from there....

Fixed ;).

I'm with dominishin. I don't think I've ever passed on an item I really wanted. I just... get it.

Yeah, that's kind of how it usually ends up. A lot of times I just need to own the item before I can make a decision about whether or not I want to keep it.

Usually the item stays... but with the Marcus figure I just didn't care for him in person. But the only way to know that was to buy him. Luckily I didn't loose any cash on the purchase and resale.

That's the way it works for me, too. If it's an item I'm on the fence about, I'll make it a point to get a decent deal on it. That way, it won't be too hard to break even if I decide I'm not into it.

Current temptations:

-Hot Toys Inglorious Basterds Aldo Raine
-DID Captain Miller (Tom Hanks, Saving Private Ryan)
-DID Clauss Von Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise, Valkyrie)

-Hot Toys Tony Stark Mech Test Suit
-Hot Toys Blade
-the yet to be shown Hot Toys Predators line

-King Leonidos

-Believe it or not a few Star wars Micro machines sets have jumped onto my trying to resist list.

-SWAT military line figures from Hot Toys.

Wow, so far I have almost completely successfully resisted the items I've mentioned earlier in the thread.

The only thing I've bought, actually haven't yet but will shortly as I have them reserved, is 4 Hot Toys SWAT figures....mind you thats going to be expensive enough.

SS Yoda and Hut environment. Ultra cool figure and accessory but I limit SS purchases to "must haves." Yoda and the hut are almost "must haves" but far enough away I can still resist. :slap

That was kinda the idea. Just to see that others, like you, are constantly battling with themselves whether or not to buy these cool new collectibles we're being bombarded with. We'd like to get it all, but we can't. And how do you choose?

Can't tell you how I choose to buy figs. At first, I just want to collect only action/sci-fi characters. But I finally buy Aldo the Apache who is one of my favorite character from my favorite film. Now my attention for non sci-fi characters is growing. I want Hans Landa, Barnes, Elias and Don Vito, who is still quite available in my country with not too much increased price.

Also, my former decision is to buy only my favorite characters from my favorite films (or games). However, now I really want Wolf pred, who is from a crap film that I hate but I love his characteristic. He was launched before I got into this hobby and now his price has gone up so high but I'll still buy him anyway if I have enough money someday.

Oh, I also missed out the whole HT Iron Man line, damn I regret Mk III. Also, I didn't preorder any figs from IM2, this time I regret War Machine. So I turn my attention to 6-inch figs from Walmart which also look great. I also collect 6-inch scale like Neca and that's why I have so little money. :lol

Can't tell you how I choose to buy figs. At first, I just want to collect only action/sci-fi characters. But I finally buy Aldo the Apache who is one of my favorite character from my favorite film. Now my attention for non sci-fi characters is growing. I want Hans Landa, Barnes, Elias and Don Vito, who is still quite available in my country with not too much increased price.

Also, my former decision is to buy only my favorite characters from my favorite films (or games). However, now I really want Wolf pred, who is from a crap film that I hate but I love his characteristic. He was launched before I got into this hobby and now his price has gone up so high but I'll still buy him anyway if I have enough money someday.

Oh, I also missed out the whole HT Iron Man line, damn I regret Mk III. Also, I didn't preorder any figs from IM2, this time I regret War Machine. So I turn my attention to 6-inch figs from Walmart which also look great. I also collect 6-inch scale like Neca and that's why I have so little money. :lol

My collecting has been similar. From Star Wars 3 3/4" up to McFarlane 7", from there up to Hot Toys. And just when I thought I was done with 7" NECA came out with their T2 line and pulled me right back in. And I still collect the Star Wars figures too. So this is why I'm having to 'resist' many things I would otherwise love to buy.

Like you I thought I could stick to only sci-fi/fantasy stuff. And actually for the most part I've succeeded there so far. Probably the Enterbay Jack Bauer is my most 'odd-one-out' in my collection. Everything else is sci-fi creatures and robots, humans in sci-fi like Sarah connor, superheroes and their villains etc.

But as I said, right now, very tempted by the HT Platoon figure. There have been other military figures that I've looked at which have been good but you just can't beat a fully licensed figure when it nails a likeness as Hot Toys have done with Charlie sheen.

Back