The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, so much for the lull in Marvel films creating an opportunity for more DC figures... they're just gonna fill the gap with "Venomized" nonsense. Not even a regular movie Venom, either.

If we're doing this sort of thing now, how about a DC Elseworlds line? Or Injustice? Or more Arkham?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

SooSoo's quality been getting really good lately, I don't mind them venturing into the DCEU in the future. At least we've got someone doing 1/6 DC lines rather than having none at all.

Anyways..

Screen_Shot_2018_07_19_at_9.15.03_AM.0.jpg

Well, so much for the lull in Marvel films creating an opportunity for more DC figures...

If anyone though that was gonna happen, that was rather naive since DC films are in the same COVID lull (with Tenet tanking in the US, there are now talks of delaying Wonder Woman 1984 again).

Even without Covid Hot Toys was inevitably going to keep the focus on the Marvel backlog and any 2.0, 3.0, 4.0s they wanted to do. I never believed for a second otherwise.

Well, so much for the lull in Marvel films creating an opportunity for more DC figures... they're just gonna fill the gap with "Venomized" nonsense. Not even a regular movie Venom, either.

If we're doing this sort of thing now, how about a DC Elseworlds line? Or Injustice? Or more Arkham?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I just want more Arkham figures, but damn I forgot about injustice! The prime 1 statues of the injustice characters are amazing. I have that Wonder Woman on pre order. Of course, hot toys don’t care. Plus you know they would screw them up anyway. Imagine the restrictions on articulation. Might as well but the prime 1 statues that have cool poses already.

I wasn't expecting anything at all. Plus they could have shown the Forever figures yesterday but chose 1 of their only 2 output choices, Star Wars. Next week it'll be Marvel again.

Out of the last 51 posts on instagram from Hot Toys only 3 of those are DC - two being the new WW84 and the other being Arkham Asylum Joker.

Just give up on this company. I did. They suck. Yes they ha e good sculpts but they are to Disney focused . Screw them. Sometime in the near future someone will make the figures we want

Yeah, I’m trying to move to other scales currently. There’s just not enough in 1/6 to keep me interested, apart from hit or miss third party figures.

Just give up on this company. I did. They suck. Yes they ha e good sculpts but they are to Disney focused . Screw them. Sometime in the near future someone will make the figures we want

I'd say that's largely dependent on how the next few films are received. I mean, let's be real: right now nobody is taking a deep dive on DC Movie Figures, whether it be MAFEX, S.H. Figuarts or what have you. It's usually the same pattern of a figure or two, maybe three if it's a big hit like Aquaman. The DC movie brand just doesn't have the same level of popularity or value rn.

In other news, The Batman, The Flash, the Shazam sequel and Black Adam have all just been pushed back.
https://www.thewrap.com/dwayne-john...schedule-amid-yet-another-covid-19-reshuffle/

Hopefully the snyder cut will change that

Given the reception of BVS is a major part of the reason the franchise garnered such a reputation in the first place, I'm not holding my breath.

Joker is a great hit, then what? Hot toys is his own interest, its never about the fans.

The lack of Joker merchandise seems to be by design in that case, likely as part of the marketing campaign of it as a serious Oscar bait flick instead of a comic book movie. Virtually nobody did anything for it, even less than usual for a modern DC movie. Even Shazam and Birds of Prey had more merch.

Given the reception of BVS is a major part of the reason the franchise garnered such a reputation in the first place, I'm not holding my breath.

The lack of Joker merchandise seems to be by design in that case, likely as part of the marketing campaign of it as a serious Oscar bait flick instead of a comic book movie. Virtually nobody did anything for it, even less than usual for a modern DC movie. Even Shazam and Birds of Prey had more merch.

Merch from Hot Toys? I'm talking about them.

The products that are released by HT wasn't about the fans or the market situation, it's always about Howard's interest. I believe it's commonly known by now.

The products that are released by HT wasn't about the fans or the market situation, it's always about Howard's interest. I believe it's commonly known by now.

Agreed. It looks like his biggest interest is in riding the disney gravy train all the way to his bank.

I mean, A venom cosbaby with a lollipop? Talk about hitting the crack pipe HARD. That just smacks of contractual obligation to disney. If he really believes there's a market for that over the DC line, he should never produce another DC product. He's just going to keep the DC license, take the Disney money, and choke out DC for Disney.

Just my 2 cents.

Box office has no influence on the amount of figures it seems. Joker and Aquaman both made over a billion but got zero new figures...just a repaint for Aquaman. Meanwhile BoP bombs and we get more Harley figures.

I know. My point is that it's not just Hot Toys. Virtually nobody did any merchandise for The Joker, not S.H. Figurarts, not McFarlane, not DC Direct, not MAFEX or even Funko, which leads me to conclude it's not an "interest" thing but a licensing or red tape one.

There were even articles written about the suspicious lack of Joker merchandise.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/18/want-to-buy-joker-merchandise-too-bad-it-barely-exists

Back