Statue The Crack of Doom Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that different from the Gollum as Gollum bookend, really.

And the best Gollum likeness, for my money, is still on the big Weta bust. But all of them look quite good.

Seretur said:
It's not that different from the Gollum as Gollum bookend, really.

And the best Gollum likeness, for my money, is still on the big Weta bust. But all of them look quite good.
Indeed the Weta Gollum bust is great and creepy as hell.

Seretur said:
Especially if you're only eight. :D

Did someone say "eight?"

numberjf3.jpg

Dang Tom! That's a really low number. One more higher and it would have been really cool. I've always wanted #9 on any of the Fellowship members. Just something that would tie it with the whole deal.

jlcmsu said:
One more higher and it would have been really cool.

Way to burst my bubble!!

:rotfl :rotfl

Just kidding! I know what you mean about #9 being more significant, but I am really happy to finally have a single digit piece in my collection!!

Khev said:
Or even better would be to get a damaged PF. Then you could look at it and say "The Fellowship is broken."

We'll see about that if they manage to give us a "Fellowship Walking Over the Hill" piece in the diorama line.

Now that's the piece you would want to get numbered #09.

But now I just had an idea of a "Over the Hill" diorama featuring the entire fellowship in old age make up...

Yeah, getting the Fellowship cresting the hill #9 would be the tops for me personally. Congrats again on getting such a low number!!

I know that most of you are not afflicted with the "completist virus", so dropping a line half way, or buying only specific items from one line is not a problem for you. Since we haven't really seen much of this new line, it might be a bit to early to ask, but can you imagine to drop some other SSC lines in favor of the LotR diorama's if you had to? Or will you squeeze in this new line, no matter what (divorce, mortgage, buying a bigger house, ...)? Is there any completist potential in this new line at all?

Considering the volume of Sideshow's solo LOTR output (two PFs, two LS busts, four 12" figures, and now this one diorama), it's not that hard to be a completist, honestly.

Even if one decides to get all the high-end items, which the diorama won't be, in all probability. If it ends up costing $125 or $150, and if it has no exclusive, just the usual etailer discounts will put it in the range of two or three 12" expansion packs. Hardly the kind of cash that creates a rift in one's overall spending habits.

Of course, I had every intent to put this diorama line on the very top of my collecting priorities, and even if they ended up costing as much as the Marvel ones, I'd gladly have dropped something to make room for them. But now I've been instantly cured of my completist intent... :)

As Seretur said, at the rate SS is releasing the LOTR items, it shouldn't be a problem being a completist in any of the three formats. And if the Diorama's aren't as expensive, as Dusty pointed out, then these shouldn't make too much of an impact on someone's budget.

I will not be getting all the pieces from the PF or Dio lines. Even at this rate with past buying, other life issues, and getting all the SW PF it just can't happen. I will get several of each of the PF and Dio lines just not all.

KAOSINLA said:
This may be the only Frodo piece I'm likely to acquire...BTW, it kind of looks like Frodo's finger is in a post-bitten state.

He'd have been a lot easier to sculpt if it was pre finger biting.

I think I'll pass on this one. I don't wan't yet another gollum in any other format :monkey5

But this make me hope for future releases :chew

jlcmsu said:
...I've always wanted #9 on any of the Fellowship members. Just something that would tie it with the whole deal.

You mean 10, don't forget Bill. :chew

Back