Statue The Crack of Doom Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
Some moreso than others. Some people here are already giddy as 8 year olds...:chew :chew

bday9.jpg

Sounds like the price for this one will be really nice. Could use all the help I can get.

At 1:9 scale I wonder how elaborate the base will be. I believe Andy has made a couple of references about us being blown away by it. Perhaps there will be a large section of the ground they were standing on sculpted, making for a quite imposing sight.

A part of me is glad that its 1:9 since I'm assuming most will be in that scale. I'd prefer all the pieces to match with one another.

what I hope for in terms of scale is that this piece will be in the same scale as the other future Diorama pieces.
That I won't be a little bigger because of the size of Frodo and Gollum

And a remark.
I think it's strange that Frodo's finger hasn't been bitten off.
Isn't that a huge mistake?, because at that point of the movie, Gollum has just bitten of Frodo's finger and they struggle to obtain the ring.
Or am I becoming a little blind ??

Yeah I was looking for the hand with the missing finger as well but could not see it!!!

It's there -- you can see the blood dripping from Frodo's left index finger:

9713_600x400.jpg

It appears only the top knuckle of his finger is missing, though, not the whole thing. But it's not like this is an accurate depiction anyway. :D

I wonder how large the Sammath Naur environment will be -- I've wanted one for long, long years, ever since it first appeared in FOTR, but I'll be devastated if it finally gets its due as part of this piece. Oh well.

Seretur said:
I wonder how large the Sammath Naur environment will be -- I've wanted one for long, long years, ever since it first appeared in FOTR, but I'll be devastated if it finally gets its due as part of this piece. Oh well.
:violin :violin :violin
:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Seretur said:
It's there -- you can see the blood dripping from Frodo's left index finger:

9713_600x400.jpg
WOW that looks spectacular. Thanks for continuing to post such amazing pics Seretur. You're doing a great job of promoting this amazing piece!

Even if I'm not getting this particular piece, the level of skill on display definitely shows that this line has potential for wonders to come.

:)

I'm not sure, but I will say that's the best Gollum I've seen on any piece, period. Just amazing! And if that's the likeness then can get on Frodo, then they had better make the 1/6 version just as good!!!!!

Back