Statue The Crack of Doom Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I somehow doubt that there will be an exclusive, but you never know.

I don't know what it could be since there doesn't seem to be any lava that could light up.

Maybe it will be an exclusive Christian version, like the Boba Fett exclusive communion wafer.

It's a nice piece, but I have no interest in it. I'm already satisfied with the SS/Weta line already.

I've got a soft spot for fully sculpted pieces, they're my real favorite.

I'm cautiously excited about this line. My only real concern is redundancy, but if there is new ground, I'm all for it. Frodo and Gollum were both very strangely underrepresented in the original SideshowWeta line, so thumbs up here.

spaceman said:
I've got a soft spot for fully sculpted pieces, they're my real favorite.

I'm cautiously excited about this line. My only real concern is redundancy, but if there is new ground, I'm all for it. Frodo and Gollum were both very strangely underrepresented in the original SideshowWeta line, so thumbs up here.
Gollum had two busts, and two statues. I think he was represented fine. As was Frodo. Frodo had a bust, a statue, and was on a plaque.

Bannister said:
Gollum had two busts, and two statues. I think he was represented fine. As was Frodo. Frodo had a bust, a statue, and was on a plaque.

Good point about the plaques/busts. I was speaking as a figure collector.

The only Frodo was the early Fellowship piece, which I regrettably passed on, not caring much for the pose or likeness. My opinion of it has risen somewhat since, but it is still absent from my collection. I had hoped or assummed an alternate Frodo might appear from a later point in the Adventure.

The two gollum pieces were only from the DVD sets. They are apparently in scale at least, but lack the standard base from the main set.

spaceman said:
Good point about the plaques/busts. I was speaking as a figure collector.

The only Frodo was the early Fellowship piece, which I regrettably passed on, not caring much for the pose or likeness. My opinion of it has risen somewhat since, but it is still absent from my collection. I had hoped or assummed an alternate Frodo might appear from a later point in the Adventure.

The two gollum pieces were only from the DVD sets. They are apparently in scale at least, but lack the standard base from the main set.
I used to own the SSW Frodo and it was indeed a nice piece. I couldn't justify keeping it though what with what it was selling for on ebay. It was nice, but not that nice.

Gruff Old Bear said:
Dear Sideshow,

Please assign the sculpting duties for the 1:6 Frodo figure to Trevor Grove.

Thank you very much,

Gruff
I second that. :rock:rock:rock

Indeed, the sculpting is amazing! :clap I certainly hope the paintwork holds up at this scale.

Back