The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Custom USCM Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this much (copy and add your other contributions to this list please):

Les- headsculpt adaptation and paintup (and neck prep), plus wood base and eventual buildup and paintup. possibly plaque or other nameplate gathering?

DA Josh- BDU paintup as well as overall project dirtyin' once completed.

Ironman- provide head and...(add)

Hollis DZC- Armor (and)

Mudshark- all Armor prep and paintup as well as (add)

Stendec- (add your contribution)

Anyone else that needs to be listed...

Any financial assistance from:

tigerfeet - base/plaque costs

Any one else (project cheerleaders and idea providers accepted! )
List here

Anything we haven't thought of

I've got the uni, knife, hasp & lock, EVA shotgun/sheath and patches ready to go. DA, I'll sent that all to you and you can weatherize it all together? I forgot to ask also, will you be able to paint the shotgun/sheath? I just assumed and we all know how bad that can be. LMK.
Thanks guys for helping to pull this off!!

(copy and add your other contributions to this list please):

Les- headsculpt adaptation and paintup (and neck prep), plus wood base and eventual buildup and paintup. possibly plaque or other nameplate gathering?

Ironman- provide head and...(add)

Hollis DZC- Armor (and)

Stendec- Cloth Boots; Fabric for helmet cover; Grenades, pistol+holster and utility pouches if needed.

Ironman- provide head and uni, knife, hasp & lock, EVA shotgun/sheath and patches

Hollis DZC- Armor (and)

Stendec- Cloth Boots; Fabric for helmet cover; Grenades, pistol+holster and utility pouches if needed.

Ironman- provide head and uni, knife, hasp & lock, EVA shotgun/sheath and patches

Hollis DZC- Armor (and)

tigerfeet, metaphorge - base/plaque costs

Hollis DZC- Armor (and)

Mudshark- all Armor prep and paintup, as well as EVA M41-A PR... (still looking for the M10 Helmet kit I got from Chris last Spring...)

tigerfeet, metaphorge - base/plaque costs

Mudshark;700252 Mudshark- all Armor prep and paintup said:
EVA M41-A PR[/COLOR]... (still looking for the M10 Helmet kit I got from Chris last Spring...)

Gotcha covered on that bro. The Rifleman kit comes with the helmet. It's got Chris's extras- real fastex buckles also. It has the welder, locator, everything. The correct od green webbing as well.

Since you have one of Chris's PR's, I'd like to keep the PR from the kit if that's okay. I'd like to have one of Chris's. :)

He included a cloth patch set as well.

Trying to get it out to you today :D

-Rex

Gotcha covered on that bro. The Rifleman kit comes with the helmet. It's got Chris's extras- real fastex buckles also. It has the welder, locator, everything. The correct od green webbing as well.

Since you have one of Chris's PR's, I'd like to keep the PR from the kit if that's okay. I'd like to have one of Chris's. :)

He included a cloth patch set as well.

Trying to get it out to you today :D

-Rex

Thanks Rex, that's a big relief! I've been tearing the place apart looking for it. I moved a couple of months ago and it's probably in a box that hasn't been unpacked yet. By all means keep your PR kit. Fortunately, I have two of 'em, so I'll still have one to keep for myself, too. :duff

I was also thinking, since I'll be assembling and painting the armour, it would probably make things easier if I added the padlock and hasp, too. I do have a few spare Hot Toys versions, but if we're going to keep it all EVA, then I'll probably need to use the one Ironman's donating to the project.

Also, it doesn't look like anyone has donated a figure body yet, or maybe we still haven't decided on which one to use. I think Ironman said a DML body would probably work best. If we need one, I know a shop that always has a supply of parted out Dragon bodies on hand. Just thought I'd mention it.

One last thing, I signed up on the AL forum the other day, something I've been wanting to do for quite a while. Haven't had a chance to post an introduction yet, but I did find Chris's "Just a Grunt" website with all the great pics of his armour and how he made it. Got a lot of invaluable reference material right there, maybe all I'll need for his armour and helmet.

Links! Links!
And pics if possible.

And keep the list going if we can.
Thanks guys. Thanks for taking the lead on this.
No head yet, but when I have it, I will inform all.
I will go after the base when we are more inprog than now. I want to talk that out more before committing time to researching it. When I do go, I will get cost estimates for you guys offering to pay for it. Thanks guys.

Les, I went thru all my bins and could not find the Peter Soldat head. So, I ordered one and I will send it out to you as soon as I receive it.
DA, The uni, patches, etc will go out Tues. I wound up on a bonding trip this morning with my son [we went to see Cloverfield] and the PO is closed on Monday.

Very cool Mudshark! Since Chris was a smaller guy, I was going to suggest the shorter DML body.

Box is packed up ready to go. Wasn't able to get it out Sat, thought I'd do it on Monday on my lunch...not thinkin' the PO would be closed...aagh!
Will get it out to you Tues.

Glad to see you've signed up on the forum! I think you'll enjoy it!

btw, take a moment or three or four and check out my DragonCon pics... ;) I think you'll like 'em! :D
You'll see all the fun we have at DCon!

Also glad you had a chance to check out Chris's site. Perfect research for his armor! Don't know why the heck I didn't suggest it!! Sheesh!

-Rex

No panic about the head Ironman, but let me know when you have it and it's sent.
And if anyone, Hollis, has more pics of Chris' face, send them to me directly via email if need be, so I can study him.

I still hope to get the base, but if anyone else is hellbent on making one, and doesn't want to wait for me to get to it (workload) say so, and I will relinquish that to the more opportune soul here. No worries. I really want to paint and or redo the face and head, and that may be all I have time to do. But, if no one else can get the base, I still can. Just want to open it up to others that may have ideas is all.

Keeping it going...

I can get as many pics of Chris as you'll need Les! :D Be happy too!

If you could PM me your addy, I'll start on it...

I'd also be happy to work on the base, if that's okay.

-Rex

I can get as many pics of Chris as you'll need Les! :D Be happy too!

If you could PM me your addy, I'll start on it...

I'd also be happy to work on the base, if that's okay.

-Rex

Good enough with me. Whatever works out best for the figure.

I talked to DA Josh today, and he and I discussed our parts in this, and he is looking forward to any dirtying of BDU's and anything else he can do. As for myself, I am looking forward to the head and what I can do there. I'm sure he'll chime in again soon.

I may have started this thread, but realize I may not be the person to coordinate all this, but it seems to be going well, and we are gathering and getting to it with super enthusiasm, so whoever puts this figure together in it's final form, know that I will do my part and get it to whomever needs it.
Honored to be a part of it.

Anyway, PM sent Hollis, and I await your images. When I get the base head, I will update as I can on the changes and paintup.

Keeping it going...

An idea I had for a nice figure base is a round piece of slate with the USCM Delta engraved and/or painted onto the surface. This is the Delta design I'm refering to.

badge1.jpg

Its just an idea though because it would probably be abit expensive . . just throwing it out there :)

Good idea too Stendec!

What I was planning on doing is:

Get black picture frame that has rounded edges- got it.

Cut MDF board to become new base inside frame.

Build a corner wall. Sci-fi-ish, w/ tubes, etc. Behind Chris would be a slightly ajar bulkhead door symbolizing a beginning of a journey.
Flooring would be a type of grid.

The whole image would be putting Chris in an enviroment that he loved. I would like to incorporate both the Screaming Eagle and Delta pins on either side of a plaque with Chris's name and USCM Service #. I have extra Delta symbols, but not the Screaming Eagle pin. Anyone?

Chris was cremated wearing his USCM bdu's. Joy knows how much he loved the Colonial Marines. I'd like to think this display will be something special for her.

What do you all think?

-Rex

That sounds spot on, a real unique item..........as mentioed before happy to fund the costs for base and plaque....being in the uk probably the best way to contribute.

Back