The case for Sgt. Slaughter and other lesser known Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish stop posting that horrible 25th anniversary card art. :nono :D

And Sideshow I want to see every single character on this cardback made into a figure. Every single one. :lecture

duke34tripleback.jpg

IF & WHEN Sideshow produces the original three Dreadnok figures . . . will they be produced and released individually OR as a three pack set?

What's wrong with the 25th Anniversary card art? It's by far the best we've had since the original days of ARAH. There's no way they would release them with the same exact art, anyway.

Oh... and I'd get everything on that card back, except for Quick-Kick.

What's wrong with the 25th Anniversary card art?

Nothing, other than the fact that its terrible, especially compared to the originals.

There's no way they would release them with the same exact art, anyway..

gungho.jpg
100_6975.jpg

They should have done it that way for all of them. The fact that they had preschoolers draw the art for the pictures they didn't feel like tracking down is what turned me off to the whole line.

Why are you guys begging for a Faramir? :duh Haven't we been down this road already? I say get the crucials out of the way first. Then focus on the B-listers. There's enough of us to keep even the B-listers selling out, but I'd hate for them to do this then cancel the 12" line without completing the main cast like they do with every other license save Star Wars.

Last edited:
Irish stop posting that horrible 25th anniversary card art. :nono :D

And Sideshow I want to see every single character on this cardback made into a figure. Every single one. :lecture

duke34tripleback.jpg

That would be awesome if they did. There are only a few complex ones on that card.

I think I remember the figure, but not the name Recondo.

Spirit would be a nice choice IMO as the first non-mainstream Joe. SSC doesn't make many ethnic figures.

I think I remember the figure, but not the name Recondo.

Spirit would be a nice choice IMO as the first non-mainstream Joe. SSC doesn't make many ethnic figures.

Airborne was actually the first non-mainstream Joe. He was Navajo, and preceeded Spirit by a year, I think. However, he wasn't as ethnic-looking as Spirit, and nobody remembers him.

Last edited:
airborne.jpg

I had him.. but he's no Spirit!

True, but a cool figure nonetheless. Loved his AR-15 with the bayonet. I like how they spelled it "Navaho" on the file card vs. Navajo.

I use to have Airborne, Ripcord, and Crazy Legs man the door guns on the Tomahawk. God, I loved my Joes back in the day...

Last edited:
Not an attack but geez. Sgt slaughter?
Why do uber fans of franchises always ask for the absolutley most obscure or least popular/viable items?

Uhm...because we are uber fans? :huh

Ya want Slaughter? Wait till about 50 other joes come out that would all sell out before the line gets destroyed by a non seller. Or they can make it today as a con exclusive and charge both fans that want it 200- a pop...still want it?

Look, I'm not saying that all A-listers be pushed aside for lesser tier characters, all I'm saying is that the Joe team has a great variety of characters to choose from and Sideshow should consider all of them for 1/6th figures. How do you know that Sgt. Slaughter won't sell? that's highly bold of you to assume that Sgt. Slaughter will "destroy" the line.

Considering that Sgt Slaughter would require a special body pretty much lands him in the customize your own list.

Back