Sgt. Slaughter Signs Multi-Year Deal With Hasbro, G.I. JOE Return Set . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news...ned,will get a new six-inch figure this year.
1651107622187.png

Seems like a real kick in the nuts to Valaverse.
--

Could be.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Does it really matter?

Valaverse 1:12 figures offers a different take compared to the CLASSIFIED.

CLASSIFIED have its own issues (i.e., bull crap Target exclusivity, etc.).

It doesn't really matter. Serge also has a contract with Mattel, that doesn't effect the other companies anymore than this one with Hasbro.
The Action Force Serge figures are great on their own, a more realistically proportioned Serge, great accessories/ webgear, and the heads can easily be swapped around with AF or Marvel Legends heads to create a new character. There isn't a negative with the AF version by comparison.
I'll be getting the Classified version, and hopefully it'll make it easier to get a AF V1 Serge since I missed out on that release.

I'm just happy he's out there using all these opportunities to license and make money, he's always been a quality worker and treated fans well. Wrestlers always seem to end up dying early or living broke, I'm glad he's getting old and paid.

I'm just happy he's out there using all these opportunities to license and make money, he's always been a quality worker and treated fans well. Wrestlers always seem to end up dying early or living broke, I'm glad he's getting old and paid.
True.

He’s a genuinely nice guy. Too bad he choose to lie about personally being a Marine and Vietnam veteran. I’m glad he is repentant about it now, he should be proud of all the actual service members his character inspired.

I’ve never fully researched what happen with the stolen valor stuff. I don’t know if it’s one of those things were he stayed in character too much or something got taken out of context or he really did just flat out lie about it. Regardless, he’s probably the closest thing we’ve had to a real life Captain America. The character has been a great patriotic symbol and undoubtedly inspired countless people to join the military in some capacity. I’ve got a buddy at work that served and loves Sgt Slaughter, GI Joe, and wrestling to this day. All that good he achieved through this character should outweigh any mistakes that were made because of the character, although everyone is certainly entitled to their own feels on the matter.

I for one and thrilled by Sgt Slaughter coming to the classified line. I picked up the first Valverse figure of him since it appeared at the time they had exclusive rights to him. The first version will make for a good ‘old’ Sarge and the Classified will make a good ‘prime’ Sarge.

I’m hoping they’ll continue with the movie reboots so they could potentially use Sarge in a small role like Bruce Willis being Joe Colton. Not sure if that’s apart of the multi year deal but a small cameo as a veteran Joe trainer would be a nice nod to his Joe connects over the years. I mean it would at least make more sense than another Brendan Frazier cameo :lol

He’s a genuinely nice guy. Too bad he choose to lie about personally being a Marine and Vietnam veteran. I’m glad he is repentant about it now, he should be proud of all the actual service members his character inspired.

I’ve never fully researched what happen with the stolen valor stuff. I don’t know if it’s one of those things were he stayed in character too much or something got taken out of context or he really did just flat out lie about it. Regardless, he’s probably the closest thing we’ve had to a real life Captain America. The character has been a great patriotic symbol and undoubtedly inspired countless people to join the military in some capacity. I’ve got a buddy at work that served and loves Sgt Slaughter, GI Joe, and wrestling to this day. All that good he achieved through this character should outweigh any mistakes that were made because of the character, although everyone is certainly entitled to their own feels on the matter.

I for one and thrilled by Sgt Slaughter coming to the classified line. I picked up the first Valverse figure of him since it appeared at the time they had exclusive rights to him. The first version will make for a good ‘old’ Sarge and the Classified will make a good ‘prime’ Sarge.

I’m hoping they’ll continue with the movie reboots so they could potentially use Sarge in a small role like Bruce Willis being Joe Colton. Not sure if that’s apart of the multi year deal but a small cameo as a veteran Joe trainer would be a nice nod to his Joe connects over the years. I mean it would at least make more sense than another Brendan Frazier cameo :lol
--

"Stolen valor" is a controversial and sensitive subject. It's morally wrong and inexcusable. It's also criminal.

I have zero respect let alone tolerance for anyone who is guilty/proven to have committed "stolen valor".

With that said, I'm also a realist and look at the complete circumstances.

What he did is wrong period. He's guilty of "kayfabe" and his inconsistent responses over the years is questionable and suspect.

I like "the character" of Sgt. Slaughter, but as the real Robert Remus there are things I am hesitant on pertaining to "stolen valor".

I'll leave it at that.

I did not know about the stolen valor situation, thanks for bringing it up.
I really wish he hadn't done that (and/or continues to do it - cursory google search didn't return anything newer than two years ago so I have no idea if he "made it right" in the interim) .
I try to remember people are not ONLY the stupidest thing they've done. Sometimes easier than others.

I don’t know how I feel about it. We had breakfast with him at Joefest about a year after the video below. He gave an explanation of sorts and a very heartfelt apology for the false claims and at the end of it I was satisfied. Having served myself I feel he has done more good than harm and I’m OK with that but I know other veterans may not be and that is their right. It is pretty hard to listen to some of the stuff he says in the interview, it starts at 1:42 and goes on for a while. I’ve certainly made my share of mistakes and hope for forgiveness myself when my time comes. At this point he is just an old man trying to get by. I do feel like Hasbro punched down at Bobby Vala after seeing the success he was having with Slaughter.

Last edited:

I saw a review for the Valaverse Slaughter 2.0 and it looked like a Gung Ho replacement figure. Anyone else get that vibe from it ?

Back