The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Well I bought a HD DVD player and have around 20 HD DVD movies....and I'm fine with that. It's an upconverter so I can play all my old DVDs in it still....plus I watch a TON of movies and don't want to wear out my PS3.
:lol Now hopefully my player will last a long, long time because if that thing ever breaks down, then I will be screwed. :lol

You just need to understand that some people feel the need to be a dick all the time.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to this outcome. All movies in one format is great. Some movies were waiting for a clear winner, they can start production now, again great. The loss of competition will hurt the consumer in more ways than one.

But we all know that both formats were about the same quality and the money that Sony through at Studios was the deciding factor here. Not to mention the PS3 being a great BR machine.

Had the 360 come standard with HD DVD capability, I don't think BR would've had a chance in this war.

I'm fine with BR winning, I just want to see a lot of those titles that were on the fence finally released.

All i'm saying (to Kit as well) is that if you search through the blu vs hd dvd thread, I got a lot of finger pointing and heckling at me due to liking Blu. So yes, I feel the need to heckle back now.

Lol, your all just as bad as eachother man do you all really care to the extent that you have to rip on eachother?

After reading through this thread ive seen a tennis match of sucked in's and told you so's

All i'm saying (to Kit as well) is that if you search through the blu vs hd dvd thread, I got a lot of finger pointing and heckling at me due to liking Blu. So yes, I feel the need to heckle back now.
I'll back Bagels on that and if anything it was the HD backers being 'Dicks' to me and him whenever we said anything about Blu-Ray.

No, Blu is safe now. They are putting out the current maximum resolution that TV's can reproduce. There won't be another HD format until new TV's with even greater resolutions come out and be at an affordable price. I don't see that happening for a long time.

They are not safe for long, the future is going to be movies over the internet. This will have a huge effect on the rentals in the future and if they figure a way to get it so you can buy them in the same method kinda like Itunes and stuff like that do it will seriously hurt Blu-Ray in the future.

Lol, your all just as bad as eachother man do you all really care to the extent that you have to rip on eachother?

After reading through this thread ive seen a tennis match of sucked in's and told you so's

It's what we do :D

We do nothing but ***** and moan and make fun of each other because we're like brothers :grouphug

I'll back Bagels on that and if anything it was the HD backers being 'Dicks' to me and him whenever we said anything about Blu-Ray.

I get where you guys are coming from now. I just saw it as pointless gloating over something none of us could control at the time. It's all good.

Well at least this has been decided in a short period of time, unlike the Betamax vs. VHS wars which dragged on for years.

Currently it Paramount is still HD-DVD, they are still releasing HD-DVD movies at least through Sweeney Todd on April 1st(no joke).

Those are probably already in production. I'm sure they're already working on BR formatting. At least I hope so :monkey1

Those are probably already in production. I'm sure they're already working on BR formatting. At least I hope so :monkey1

They'd be crazy not to. At the moment, I almost look at them as being crazy for being the only company left exclusive to HD DVD. What are they trying to do? Look valiant? They look like a bunch of fools. Maybe there are contracts, I dunno. But those were likely point moot when Toshiba gave up. Goodness knows they could probably have Transformers out pretty quick if they wanted to. They were probably pretty far in the production of it, and I highly doubt they would just dump all they did.

Back