The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Raiders had to be replaced as your favorite by a movie other than the Original Star Wars, then I would hope it would be Jaws... but if not... then Die Hard is an excellent choice.
Interesting you bring up Star Wars because I keep the OT out of my action movie rankings.

The OT, actually any SW, are onto their own thing.

Last edited:
Is there a 4k release of T1? I've found a remaster from 2015, but that's just HD.

Is there a 4k release of T1? I've found a remaster from 2015, but that's just HD.
Nope not yet. Cameron seems to have forgotten about it lol. But truth I think it hasn’t been done because of the murky rights issues. I don’t even know who owns it currently. I know Lionsgate did a bad 4K job of T2 a few years ago.

Nope not yet. Cameron seems to have forgotten about it lol. But truth I think it hasn’t been done because of the murky rights issues. I don’t even know who owns it currently. I know Lionsgate did a bad 4K job of T2 a few years ago.

That's the 2017 version right? I've only seen it in HD even though I have the 4k version as well, (been waiting on getting a 4k tv and PS5 to watch it). I quite liked it, I didn't mind the new colour timing. Watching the Extended Special Edition is weird though, only having the theatrical scenes remastered and jumping back to older looking footage of the extra bits.

I own OLEDs, I have an 80” tv…in my bedroom for crying out loud lol, i’m spoiled with great image and audio quality at home…

BUT the theatrical experience can’t be replaced when done right no matter how great your home experience may be.

Watched my 2nd favorite action movie of all time Die Hard 1 lastnight with a sold out audience in a large theater and 20% of the audience were first time watching it.

They actually conducted a hand raising poll prior the movie starting because the movie had a guest speaker script writer professor from NYC who also stayed after the movie for a script breakdown, behind scenes stories, character study anecdotes and historical significance.

It was a mind blowing thrilling experience it really felt like opening weekend 1988 all over again for me!!!!

That movie remains a true masterpiece AND….AND I’m seriously SERIOUSLY considering replacing Raiders as my # 1! :thud:
Speaking of theatrical Die Hard experiences one that still makes me chuckle to this day was watching Die Hard 2 at a midnight showing opening day (technically Friday morning.) Me and a buddy had never been to a midnight showing and assumed we'd be the only two weirdos there.

It ended up being PACKED with a super rowdy crowd. In the scene where William Sadler was doing his nude Tai Chi routine and then abruptly grabbed the TV remote and spun around to turn it off one lone dude in the audience went "WHOOOOAA!" all exaggerated as if turning off a television while naked is so badass, lol. The whole auditorium burst out laughing and it was then I learned that watching action movies at midnight was awesome. :lol

Speaking of theatrical Die Hard experiences one that still makes me chuckle to this day was watching Die Hard 2 at a midnight showing opening day (technically Friday morning.) Me and a buddy had never been to a midnight showing and assumed we'd be the only two weirdos there.

It ended up being PACKED with a super rowdy crowd. In the scene where William Sadler was doing his nude Tai Chi routine and then abruptly grabbed the TV remote and spun around to turn it off one lone dude in the audience went "WHOOOOAA!" all exaggerated as if turning off a television while naked is so badass, lol. The whole auditorium burst out laughing and it was then I learned that watching action movies at midnight was awesome. :lol

WHOOOOOOOAA!!!

The guest speaker actually had the script with him projected onto the movie screen it was cool to go through it with him breaking down the flow of the 3 acts.

Also we had a 15 minute debate on whether it’s a Christmas movie the guest speaker said while he likes the Christmas atmosphere and trimmings it’s technically script wise not a Christmas movie because the main character doesn’t have his Christmas spirit epiphany that happens in most Christmas movies but I liked that there was this one lady who shot back at him “But her name is literally Holly!” lol

it’s technically script wise not a Christmas movie because the main character doesn’t have his Christmas spirit epiphany that happens in most Christmas movies
He kinda does by wanting to tell Holly he's sorry for the first time ever.

Plus Al learns to kill again, does that count, lol.

I finally got my 4 disc Excorcist UHD. Amazing, really terrific looking (and sounding). Still a terrifying experience. Really incredible how this film holds up when most other horror films of the time just look quaint now.

I own OLEDs, I have an 80” tv…in my bedroom for crying out loud lol, i’m spoiled with great image and audio quality at home…

BUT the theatrical experience can’t be replaced when done right no matter how great your home experience may be.

Watched my 2nd favorite action movie of all time Die Hard 1 lastnight with a sold out audience in a large theater and 20% of the audience were first time watching it.

They actually conducted a hand raising poll prior the movie starting because the movie had a guest speaker script writer professor from NYC who also stayed after the movie for a script breakdown, behind scenes stories, character study anecdotes and historical significance.

It was a mind blowing thrilling experience it really felt like opening weekend 1988 all over again for me!!!!

That movie remains a true masterpiece AND….AND I’m seriously SERIOUSLY considering replacing Raiders as my #
Die Hard has always been my #1 Action movie and it moved up 2 spots on my All Time list to number 2 behind JAWS.

I just went with my wife to see it in the theaters also. Sort of a celebration as it was the film we saw on our first date… 35 years ago!!!! :thud:

The guest speaker actually had the script with him projected onto the movie screen it was cool to go through it with him breaking down the flow of the 3 acts.

Also we had a 15 minute debate on whether it’s a Christmas movie the guest speaker said while he likes the Christmas atmosphere and trimmings it’s technically script wise not a Christmas movie because the main character doesn’t have his Christmas spirit epiphany that happens in most Christmas movies but I liked that there was this one lady who shot back at him “But her name is literally Holly!” lol
The script writer says he intended it to be a Christmas movie ( I’m guessing he likes the idea after the fact)

But Die Hard is a Christmas movie period.

There is Christmas tunes in the actual score. Jingle Bells, winter wonderland, ode to Joy (played at many Christmas concerts for whatever reason.. maybe Die Hard :lol), Actual jingle Bells play throughout

John Does have his epiphany on Chistmas Eve, His wife’s name is Holly, John prays and his prayer is answered (Please God don’t let me die)

Hans is the Grinch

Merry Christmas is said often in the film, Christmas songs are song by the cast, Christmas music is played in the movie.

All the references to Christmas, Ho Ho Ho, Christmas wrapping tape etc..,

It’s way more a Christmas movie then It’s a Wonderful life which only has 10 min of Christmas Day, no Christmas songs and is depressing for most the film :lol

The script writer says he intended it to be a Christmas movie ( I’m guessing he likes the idea after the fact)

But Die Hard is a Christmas movie period.

There is Christmas tunes in the actual score. Jingle Bells, winter wonderland, ode to Joy (played at many Christmas concerts for whatever reason.. maybe Die Hard :lol), Actual jingle Bells play throughout

John Does have his epiphany on Chistmas Eve, His wife’s name is Holly, John prays and his prayer is answered (Please God don’t let me die)

Hans is the Grinch

Merry Christmas is said often in the film, Christmas songs are song by the cast, Christmas music is played in the movie.

All the references to Christmas, Ho Ho Ho, Christmas wrapping tape etc..,

It’s way more a Christmas movie then It’s a Wonderful life which only has 10 min of Christmas Day, no Christmas songs and is depressing for most the film :lol
As you say, the most important aspect it has is the arc of a Christmas movie. McClane has somewhat lost his way with his family and has various obstacles, Thornburg, Gruber, FBI and through his experience learns the value of his relationship with his wife and family. And Al is his guardian angel and an important aspect to his growing as a character.

IMG_8289.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8292.jpeg

Back