The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:

IMG_8414.jpeg

Best Buy is out of the physical media business. Sad.

Hurry up next generation who will embrace physical ownership once more... and who will laugh at their "hippie" parents who have nothing.

The one by me has only trash left last time I was there. I thought they were going on-line only for blurays?
Ohh you meant in store.

I haven’t been to one since last year but they were also supposed to stop selling even online or so I thought.

I will say this though as much space that they take I will never drop down below owning 100 discs but I did purge around 600 discs….or was it 800 I don’t remember anymore lol

Holy crap, the remastered music-only audio track on the Conan 4K is hypnotic. Feels like watching a play, a very different experience even with the film's already minimal dialogue. If the film feels too fresh in your mind, I highly recommend trying it out.

WOW

Disney is outsourcing a big piece of its home entertainment division to Sony Pictures Entertainment, which will manufacture, distribute and market the Mouse House’s DVDs and Blu-ray discs and other physical media.

As part of the deal, Sony will market, sell and distribute all Disney’s new releases and catalog titles on physical media to consumers through retailers and distributors in the U.S. and Canada. Disney will continue to manage its own digital media, like premium video-on-demand.

WOW

Disney is outsourcing a big piece of its home entertainment division to Sony Pictures Entertainment, which will manufacture, distribute and market the Mouse House’s DVDs and Blu-ray discs and other physical media.

As part of the deal, Sony will market, sell and distribute all Disney’s new releases and catalog titles on physical media to consumers through retailers and distributors in the U.S. and Canada. Disney will continue to manage its own digital media, like premium video-on-demand.
Wondering if that means eventually those countries that lost Disney physical media will get it back again.

Wondering if that means eventually those countries that lost Disney physical media will get it back again.
Well Bill Hunt has answered my question with a fairly resounding no. But it’s an interesting read anyway with an incredible list of where in the hell are these films on 4K physical media list at the end. I mean seriously, no Armageddon, no Fight Club, no Butch Cassidy, no Tron. Sigh.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/030124-1330

Back