The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 3D blu ray worth getting? I've got a 3D TV and haven't used it for that yet. I hate wearing those stupid glasses. But it sounds like fun to see Smaug in 3D.

Both movie are well done in 3D. I've watched them both at home on mine and it looked really good.

Is the 3D blu ray worth getting? I've got a 3D TV and haven't used it for that yet. I hate wearing those stupid glasses. But it sounds like fun to see Smaug in 3D.

Right now DOS is my favorite movie to watch in 3D. Smaug looks so lifelike. It's also the one movie I turn off my TV's motion blur for to give it that "High Frame Rate" effect reminiscent of the theater and he looks *insanely* real when I do that. But I know the whole HFR thing isn't for everyone and I actually don't do it for any other movies. Either way movies like DOS are the reason you get a 3D TV, so yeah, I'd say pick it up.

Last edited:
I love 3D at home.

It's seriously the most amazing thing since widescreen laserdisc. I remember watching the ESB laserdisc after watching the Pan & Scan VHS for so many years and being so shocked that I had been missing half the movie! DVD and blu-ray have been gradual evolutions of laserdisc but 3D at home. Yeah, its literally the first thing to put me in awe while watching movies at home in over 20 years.

It's seriously the most amazing thing since widescreen laserdisc. I remember watching the ESB laserdisc after watching the Pan & Scan VHS for so many years and being so shocked that I had been missing half the movie! DVD and blu-ray have been gradual evolutions of laserdisc but 3D at home. Yeah, its literally the first thing to put me in awe while watching movies at home in over 20 years.

I remember when I got my first laserdisc player. It was so awesome. :rock

Oooh would love to see a list !!!! :panic:

Really?

I have to go do a job for a client in an hour, but I'll get a list to you this weekend.

I have a lot, but some of the Highlights are...

Fantasia Box Set
Toy Story Box Set
Lion King Box Set
Alien Box Set
Aliens Box Set
T2 Box Set
Star Wars Definitve Edition
Star Wars Special Edition Box Set
Star Wars Phantom Menace Japanese import
Jurassic Park Box Set

and much, much more.

Back