The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough I got rid of almost all of my laserdiscs this past summer (finally unloaded my THX SW OT now that Harmy has taken care of that.)

The only one I couldn't bring myself to give up was this import of 1984 Macross film:

33858.jpg

I've got the blu-ray now but I just like having the LD as a keepsake. I too remember paying $60 or $100 (or more) for LD's so I can never get too upset about high definition blu-rays costing $25 or $35. :lol

Funnily enough I got rid of almost all of my laserdiscs this past summer (finally unloaded my THX SW OT now that Harmy has taken care of that.)

Blasphemy !!!

I still have my VHS from back in the day ! I mean original. CBS/FOX VHS release !!!!

Blasphemy !!!

I still have my VHS from back in the day ! I mean original. CBS/FOX VHS release !!!!

As do I! I will NEVER part with these:

FXgd3pg.jpg

:rock

However I just never really felt the covers of the THX laserdiscs. If they'd used the original poster art I probably would have kept them.

43b60f5ed1ec6219_large.jpg

Very uninspired IMO, and since laserdiscs would be nothing more than display pieces at this time I saw no reason to keep them.

I got my first laserdisc player in '96 (late bloomer) and at the time the THX versons were the best (regardless of their crappy covers) so those were the ones I picked up.

Sucker! :lol

I've wisely avoided all failed formats (betamax, DIVX, and HD-DVD.)

I didn't have it either. Very early on we had a VHS player when they were the size of a suitcase. :lol I jumped on the DVD bandwagon when they were first released as well (had a DVD/DIVX player) and then scored a PS3 knowing Disney was in negotiations with Sony and that would be the nail in the coffin for HD. I have a bud though who was at Fry's buying up all the cheap HD movies not realizing they were being clearanced out. :lol

Back