The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Today, I went to MovieStop and was able to pre-order/reserve the following (all on Blu-ray):

BATMAN BEGINS: 2-Disc Special Edition (7/8/08) -WB

IRON MAN :rock (Listed as 11/08) -PAR

INDIANA JONES & THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL :rock (Listed as 11/08) -PAR

STAR WARS: CLONE WARS (Listed as 10/08) -WB

X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (Listed as 12/08) -FOX

THE DARK KNIGHT :rock (Listed as 12/08) -WB

Anyway, just FYI and a heads-up...

Cool! I wonder if we'll get the other Indy films around or soon after on BR?

The other 3 INDY films are also slated for Blu-ray in November according to them.

Today, I went to MovieStop and was able to pre-order/reserve the following (all on Blu-ray):

BATMAN BEGINS: 2-Disc Special Edition (7/8/08) -WB

IRON MAN :rock (Listed as 11/08) -PAR

INDIANA JONES & THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL :rock (Listed as 11/08) -PAR

STAR WARS: CLONE WARS (Listed as 10/08) -WB

X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (Listed as 12/08) -FOX

THE DARK KNIGHT :rock (Listed as 12/08) -WB

Anyway, just FYI and a heads-up...

will be buying all of those except for the XFiles and Batman Begins.

From today's Digitalbits entry:
https://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"Also, many retailers are reporting a 5/20 street date for Paramount's Cloverfield and There Will Be Blood on Blu-ray Disc. We've spoken with the studio today, and that date is NOT correct. According to the studio, the titles will street on 6/3 as originally planned. The studio will be asking retailers to correct their dates. "

I guess I still have to wait for my Cloverfield.:monkey2
But at least V for Vendetta and all the catalog Paramount titles are still out next week!:D

The other 3 INDY films are also slated for Blu-ray in November according to them.

I wonder if those were filmed in High Res cuz it may not make sense to go to Blu-ray. I have noticed that all of my "Older" movies on Blu-ray are that magnificent...

I wonder if those were filmed in High Res cuz it may not make sense to go to Blu-ray. I have noticed that all of my "Older" movies on Blu-ray are that magnificent...

Movies that weren't filmed digitally can still look great on Blu-ray. I own Close Encounters and Blade Runner and both look glorious on BD. I'm sure the original 3 Indy films will look just as awesome on Blu!

Doesn't matter. Film is better quality than HD.

Doesnt Paramount release their movies only on HD-DVD?Maybe its me that havent read the news lately?:eek:

The Stephen Sommers MUMMY movies make me want to kick small puppies.

The fact that some of you actually like those movies makes me want to set the puppies on fire first.

:lol

The fact that some of you actually like those movies makes me want to set the puppies on fire first.

Word.

As some of you know, I have a pretty high tolerance for crap. Heck, I was one of the few Godzilla 98 apologists. ("If you take out the name 'Godzilla' the 'acting' of the main female character, it's actually a pretty decent giant monster movie, imo." :lol )The Stephen Sommers Mummy was the first movie I'd ever seen that made me want to gouge my eyes out. By the end of the movie when the one guy says something like "I guess we're going home empty handed again." and Fraser looks to the chick and says "I wouldn't say that..." I threw up a bit and caught it in my mouth.

^^^cool. i just saw the preview for the new Mummy movie and it actually doesn't look all that bad.

Yeah, it does look as decent as the others. Which means I should like it.

:lol

Damn Carl can you stop beating this horse already? Some of us do like it can you live with that? Seriously, its kind of starting to get old with your constant ^^^^^ing at how bad these are to YOU. Give it a ^^^^ing rest! You just don't let up man. The horse is dead alright.

Last edited:
Back