The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Hi everyone,

I may be moving to the USA from England very soon if all goes well.
As a film fan I must have my fix of movies.
Can anyone recommmend any sites that have great prices on Blu ray in the USA apart from Amazon?

Thanks in advance

D:D

From highdefdigest.com
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...tting_Back_to_the_Future_Blu-ray_Release/1790

'Back to the Future' fans got a sneak peek this past weekend at an apparently in-the-works Blu-ray release of the '80s favorite.

As first reported by the fansite BTTF.com, 'Future' producer Bob Gale surprised fans at a special screening near Orlando with a new digital remaster of the flick, which he said had been produced for an eventual release on Blu-ray.

"What you're going to be seeing today is the digital master for the upcoming high-definition Blu-ray version of 'Back to the Future,'" Gale told the crowd. "I don't know when it's coming out yet, but I was involved in the mastering of this tape, so I can tell you that it looks absolutely beautiful!"

Gale also spoke to potential supplemental features on a Blu-ray version of the trilogy, saying only that never-before-seen bonus materials may appear, though he stopped short of offering any specifics

I've got the Die Hard Collection, Predator, AVP Set, and Hellboy coming on BR. Amazon's sale got me to commit especially on Die hard for $55.

I've got the Die Hard Collection, Predator, AVP Set, and Hellboy coming on BR. Amazon's sale got me to commit especially on Die hard for $55.

nice!!! the one thing that keeps me from buying the Die Hard Blu Ray set--- Live Free or Die Hard is only in the PG13 form. no deal for me.... i went out and bought the Unrated version on DVD.

nice!!! the one thing that keeps me from buying the Die Hard Blu Ray set--- Live Free or Die Hard is only in the PG13 form. no deal for me.... i went out and bought the Unrated version on DVD.

Yeah, I'd like the unrated version but for the price it was just too hard to pass.

From highdefdigest.com
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...tting_Back_to_the_Future_Blu-ray_Release/1790

'Back to the Future' fans got a sneak peek this past weekend at an apparently in-the-works Blu-ray release of the '80s favorite.

As first reported by the fansite BTTF.com, 'Future' producer Bob Gale surprised fans at a special screening near Orlando with a new digital remaster of the flick, which he said had been produced for an eventual release on Blu-ray.

"What you're going to be seeing today is the digital master for the upcoming high-definition Blu-ray version of 'Back to the Future,'" Gale told the crowd. "I don't know when it's coming out yet, but I was involved in the mastering of this tape, so I can tell you that it looks absolutely beautiful!"

Gale also spoke to potential supplemental features on a Blu-ray version of the trilogy, saying only that never-before-seen bonus materials may appear, though he stopped short of offering any specifics

I just saw that story. Can't wait to see it on Blu-ray. :banana

From highdefdigest.com

AWESOME!!! :rock

Yeah, I just don't think that it felt right without the complete "R" rating. I will be picking up the Unrated, as I don't have my PS3 yet. Can't wait to get the boxed set though!!!

There are plenty of "^^^^s" and "Mother^^^^ers" in the other three movies, I wasn't gonna buy Live Free just to hear a few more cuss words.

Yeah, plenty in the other three for sure.:rotfl I love these movies and I haven't seen the new one yet so that will be nice.

From highdefdigest.com:

The original "buzz" is coming to Blu-ray, with Dark Sky Films announcing the high-def debut of 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' for this September.

One of the seminal '70s horror flicks, the original 'Chainsaw' will mark the next-gen premiere for DVD indie distributor Dark Sky, which has set a September 30 for the Blu-ray.

Dark Sky has yet to issue any specific tech specs or supplement details, but the distributor is promising newly-remastered high-definition image and sound, as well as extensive bonus features.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray has been set at $29.98.

Band of Brothers Blu-ray...

:rock :rock :rock

Blu-Ray.com said:
Details Revealed for Band of Brothers Blu-ray

New information has surfaced regarding upcoming Blu-ray release of the HBO epic WWII mini-series 'Band of Brothers', coming this Fall from Warner Home Video. While this information should not be considered final, it does give an inside look at what to expect from this highly anticipated Blu-ray release.

Expect the release to come in a tin packaging, similar to the existing DVD release. Episodes will be digitally restored for this release and the soundtrack is expected to be encoded in DTS (though, the flavor has not been revealed).

All bonus material from the DVD release should make it to the Blu-ray, but there will also be some exclusive Blu-ray content, such as BonusView interviews with surviving members of Easy Company.

We expect to learn more about this release soon.

The upcoming complete Sopranos collection on regular DVD is going to sell for $400. I wonder how much they would want for it on Blu-ray.

:google

One thing I'll never buy on BR is TV/HBO type series. No freaking way will I spend that kind of money on to watch a TV series no matter how good it looks. Movies = great, but I can live with regular DVD's for a series.

Sweet!! I'll be getting this one for sure. Cannot wait to own BoB on BR.

Back