The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Got ya. I may try to get this or just pick up a 40gb. Since I'll be using this more for a BR player anyways.

3 for 2 deal at Amazon right now. Some pretty decent titles as well.

I may just wait to get the LE of the MGS 4 80gb but is there an overall advantage to the 80gb PS3 compared to the 40gb? I mean as a BR player.

Nope, exactly the same machine. But I would rather go with the big one right off, as lots of my friends had problems when they tried to swap out their HDD for a bigger one. Most aftermarket ones didn't work.

Got ya. I may try to get this or just pick up a 40gb. Since I'll be using this more for a BR player anyways.

i recommend looking for a used 60gb at a gamestop. only because you might decide to play a random PS1 or PS2 game sometime down the road. the 60gb is the only one that guarantees 100% backwards compatibility.

Nope, exactly the same machine. But I would rather go with the big one right off, as lots of my friends had problems when they tried to swap out their HDD for a bigger one. Most aftermarket ones didn't work.
not sure about that. i swapped my drive out last october with a 250gb and its worked fine since.

Amazon just offered me a "Quick Pick" discount for the 40G of $379.99 shipped.

I picked up 300 and The Departed to replace the recently sold HD DVD versions. When in the hell are the Matrix movies coming to BR?

I hear ya! I just got the email about Batman Begins and V for Vendetta and have them on preorder. I want Matrix, Serenity, and Transformers to replace the ones I sold when I sold my players.

The hardest part about HDDVD losing was having to go without some of my favorite movies that were HDDVD only.

What's the dam hold up!!??

I hear ya! I just got the email about Batman Begins and V for Vendetta and have them on preorder. I want Matrix, Serenity, and Transformers to replace the ones I sold when I sold my players.

The hardest part about HDDVD losing was having to go without some of my favorite movies that were HDDVD only.

What's the dam hold up!!??

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Maybe they're creating new enticing material that would even make the people who bought the HDDVD buy the Blu as well? I think Warner stated that Matrix would be out in Q4 of this year. All of those titles will certainly be out by the end of the year. Blu-ray is looking to be selling a great deal of movies by the end of the thanks to stuff like Iron Man, Dark Knight, and (maybe) Indiana Jones. They'll bring Transformers and stuff out by Christmas if not earlier, in my opinion.

Weren't they originally going to release the Blu-Ray boxset of the Matrix movies last holiday season?

Really I'd expect all the major HD-DVD releases on Blu-Ray by the end of this year. Although right now for me I'm just keeping my player. No reason to try and get rid of it, couldn't get much for it anyway.

According to Amazon, the Cloverfield Blu-ray will be out on May 20th, not in early June as was reported. :rock

865_medium.jpg
= May 20th

463_medium.jpg
= May 20th

744_medium.jpg
= May 20th

737_medium.jpg
= May 27th

79_medium.jpg
= June 24th :drool

788_medium.jpg
= July 1st

5_medium.jpg
= July 8th

And Starship Troopers on July 29th. Hopefully that won't be delayed again.

Lots of $$$ to be spent.

Bought my PS3 last night and snagged Kingdom of Heaven and 300 on BR.

Ordered Batman Begins and V just now. These two will be great!!

Back