The Biggest Dissapointment Of My Life Thus Far...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did that here too though - our local theater said they were showing it at 12:01 AM on Wednesday the 21st. That would mean LAST "night" not tonight. But when we went over to buy tix, they said, on no, that's not until Wednesday night. "But it says Wednesday AM on the schedule." - "But that means Wednesday night." :confused:

It's really annoying when people don't understand how time works :lol Most disappointing thing in my life? Not even close... but annoying, yes.

sucks right , they actually told me on the phone it was actually yesterday though before I went then when I got there said it wasn't .
Anyway I have since phoned and all my food and drink tonight is free. :D
I am so going to take the piss. :D

Not to be mean, but if you're such a huge Indy fan you should know that it's premiering on the 22nd. The whole purpose of having a premiere at 12:01 (or 12:05) is that it's the earliest possible moment on the day of the premiere when they can show it. It doesn't make sense that they would have a premiere a day early at 12:05.

And you spent £40.00 on taxis? That's like $80!

thats what I thought , so phoned to confirm it.
They said yep its tonight , I shown up and it wasn't !. :google

£40.00 fro my house to the imax is a great price , the black cabs from town charge alot !. :eek:

sucks right , they actually told me on the phone it was actually yesterday though before I went then when I got there said it wasn't .
Anyway I have since phoned and all my food and drink tonight is free. :D
I am so going to take the piss. :D

Now if you actually called, then the theatre can go ^^^^ themselves. That is bull^^^^. They ^^^^ed up. You actually tried to cover yourself. I would be pissed too.

Yeah , I had my suspicions a premiere wouldn't be two days before the actual movie !.
I am going to eat alot of free food tonight !.

When I read the title, I thought this thread was because I was behind on your Hicks head. :D

Indeed, you have lived a charmed life my friend! Sorry about the lost money. Next go round, call first! :naughty

When I read the title, I thought this thread was because I was behind on your Hicks head. :D

Indeed, you have lived a charmed life my friend! Sorry about the lost money. Next go round, call first! :naughty
thats what I thought , so phoned to confirm it.
They said yep its tonight , I shown up and it wasn't !. :google

Next go round, read the posts first.:monkey5 He did call, and they told him wrong.

Next go round, read the posts first.:monkey5 He did call, and they told him wrong.

I did read and re-read the posts before mine and I saw nothing to indicate that they specifically told him to come on the wrong night. As I understood it, he called and the automatic booking info said Wednesday instead of Thursday. Now if he called and they actually said "yep it's tonight" as he said in a later post, then that's a whole different matter.

I did read and re-read the posts before mine and I saw nothing to indicate that they specifically told him to come on the wrong night. As I understood it, he called and the automatic booking info said Wednesday instead of Thursday. Now if he called and they actually said "yep it's tonight" as he said in a later post, then that's a whole different matter.

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Les, and I was joking with him.:lol:lol:lol

I just got refused my cab fare back and the guy on the phone had a real attitude !.
He said " oh , well we don't force you to take a taxi. ! "

Yeah , like I'm gonna walk to a cinema miles away or stand at the bus stop in the pitch black at midnight in the city center!.
I am gonna keep pestering them , I want my cash back and I have every right to it.
Which right would that be? You can complain about given the false date (and you have my sympathies for that), but not for the money you spent to get to the IMAX. Because, they do not force you to take a taxi. They do not force you to watch a premiere. So again - which right is it you think you have to get your taxi money back?

Which right would that be? You can complain about given the false date (and you have my sympathies for that), but not for the money you spent to get to the IMAX. Because, they do not force you to take a taxi. They do not force you to watch a premiere. So again - which right is it you think you have to get your taxi money back?

I agree with this.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Just trying to make things clear, since there seems to be some confusion about just what he was told.

I am not exactly sure what went down either. I was assuming he talked to an actual person that misinformed him. Either way, this thread is the biggest disappointment of my life.:D

Where'd my post go? Oh well, you should get as much food and drink as possible...then live off it for a while...

I was pretty disapointed this morning when I thought I was gonna take that really satisfying early morning dump, but only farted :monkey2

I'll take this over another series of "My dolly didn't ship yet and it's not fair!!!:monkey4:monkey2" posts. At least he actually went somewhere and did something.
I can remember being confused about one of these midnight premiers before. The theater did the same thing, listing 12:01 am for the wrong day because it was "that night." I didn't actually go to the theater, but if I had I would probably still be piissed about it.

When I ordered my midnight showing tickets for tonight I noticed that too... It had me confused for a moment... 12:01am Wed. But a disclaimer was at the bottom reminding me that it was late night Wed/early Thurs.. :lol

Pretty funny. I mean, I knew the midnight showing is only the night before... but it was still weird to see it listed like that.

The Red Devils won. :chew
That should ease your cab fare sorrows. Out of curiousity, how many other people showed up to the theater a day too early? :duh
-theropod

Back