The BIG Star Wars Custom Figures & Diorama Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can any of the other colors/shades be bleached (and color removed with rit) to a suitable "white?"

Can any of the other colors/shades be bleached (and color removed with rit) to a suitable "white?"

I don't know about the Sideshow clothing, but I tried bleaching a grey Hasbro outfit and it didn't work. I haven't tried anything other than bleach, however. Does Rit have something that works better than bleach? I'll be happy to give it a try.

Rit uses sodium hydrosulfite, as opposed to the sodium hypochlorite in chlorine bleach. You'll need to cook with water over heat, wear gloves and don't breath the vapors - it's still much safer than chlorine bleach however. The Rit color remover will react to different dyes and react differently to the same dyes as chlorine bleach. It's really impossible to tell what's going to work and how well it's going to work before trying it.

Neither product is going to work very well (as in at all) on synthetics like polyester, so YMMV - I have no idea what fabrics are used in the various uniforms.

Last edited:
I'll give you my most recent example on a shirt I have from Mexx. The reason for bleaching it was because I got a spot on it while picking up something else I was bleaching - forgot to change out of my good shirt into my work stuff. Doh!

Anyway, it was a grey shirt with white and burgundy stripes on the shoulders (a different patch of fabric, one on each shoulder). 100% cotton if I recall. The bleach turned the grey to pink. Turned the burgundy into red and brightened the whites.

Next I went with the Rit color remover. It turned the now pink body of the shirt to a creamy white, turned the red to yellow and the white remained white. The shirt actually looks quite excellent now and it's like I have a brand new shirt - it's already a few years old, so the refreshed colors are a nice change.

Pm spiderrogue. He was making them i think.

Best,

Robert

ahh..he knows my name.....lol....tbh..im just not able to bring on more stuff and those tops are a pain to do, they really are...more complicated then i had wanted...but maybe someday, i'll get back to doing them and more SW stuff...really focusing on the Joe side of things right now....

I have a Tomy AT-AT driver helmet I'm not going to use. It's a bit small for my taste.

Looking for a Sideshow ANH Vader body... hopefully one of you upgraded to a KP02 (or something else) and doesn't need the old body anymore.

Probably wasting my time with this request, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyone have a Sideshow Ben Kenobi they want to part with? I'm trying to put together an original trilogy display and he's the missing piece. I even managed to get my hands on the Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise but Ben is eluding me.

PM me if you can help me out. Thanks Freaks!

Well in my defense I was still pretty new to the forum and I didn't think I wanted the figure at the time. haha Missed opportunities.

I've been trying to get one on eBay for the last week but they are all the exclusive versions, which I don't really care about and they go for upwards of almost $400 when they don't have a BIN. And the BIN prices are even more. I just found one on Amazon for $250 and I think I'm going to go for it. Figure that's the best deal I'm going to get at this point.

Back