The BIG Star Wars Custom Figures & Diorama Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really need a new SSC Vader Belt & Chest box. I have a wide variety of odds and ends as far as parts,etc. goes. If you've got one, please PM me.
Thanks.
~Mark

My chestbox broke so i replaced it with the new one. I saw anh parts on evilbay.

Best,

Robert

Wanted: Snowtrooper Gloved Hands (3)

Snowtrooper gloved hands taken care of. THANKS.

Attachments

• snowtrooper-gloves.jpg
    snowtrooper-gloves.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Looking for a anh loose leia. No box needed. Live in the netherlands, europe.

Best,

Looking for a Sideshow or Medicom ignighted Jedi Luke green sabre. Anybody have one? Also possibly looking for the Sideshow Luke Tatooine clothing and accessory set. Please PM me if you can help!

I'm looking for a Sideshow Clone Wars Anakin glove. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one, please let me know!

I'm looking for a Sideshow Clone Wars Anakin glove. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one, please let me know!

those are not easy to find, ive been looking myself for some time with no luck

Looking for a Sideshow Tattoine Smuggler Han Solo vest. If anyone has one or knows where to find one please shoot me a PM!

Leia found :). Looking for a sideshow antilles. No box needed. Live in the netherlands, europe

Best,

Robert

Thanks but ebays new 'pay customs tax' rules make attractive prices not so attractive. Shipping plus taxes makes it too high :/. So that's why i asked here.

Best,

Robert

Thanks but ebays new 'pay customs tax' rules make attractive prices not so attractive. Shipping plus taxes makes it too high :/. So that's why i asked here.

Best,

Robert

True their "global shipping program" is a COMPLETE rip off. I will not buy from any seller who uses it. I've contacted a few sellers who had items listed that I was interested in asking if they would be willing to sell not using the program. Some say sure, and have. Some say they are forced to use it. Some say they had no idea how much it increases the cost for the buyer.

No harm in sending the seller a message asking if they'd be willing to sell normally.

Here's how I do eBay: US purchases ship to my US address. Asian shipments ship to my Canadian address. I take my chances with Canadian Border services - sometimes they want to tax other times they don't. It all works out in the end. Buying from out of state/country is not a zero tax proposition and isn't supposed to be. According to the rules (which are similar in almost every country), you should be declaring everything you're buying to voluntarily pay tax if it wasn't assessed at the time of the sale. I don't make the rules if I did they wouldn't be so asinine.

I can see how this new eBay service will take a lot of headaches away for some purchasers - many people are surprised when packages arrive and they have to pay fees they weren't expecting. I've only just found out about this as I haven't seen anyone using it on eBay yet - and I'm on eBay all the time.

Well i do. Try searching stuff from ebay.nl. You'll see the shipping price and loose the extra costs. If biddinh goes up, so does this. The reason this is bs because a lot of stuff is pre-used, therefore not a commercial purchase so import taxes don't apply yet they charge you anyway. I took up this argument many times with customs and in a lot of cases it worked me saying i knew the person (from ssc) and it was a personal purchase or a trade. Cause they'll try to make $$ anyway they can. Most hong kong seller don't apply this new rule. I'd rather have to pay customs in some cases than everytime.

Best,

Robert

The reason this is bs because a lot of stuff is pre-used, therefore not a commercial purchase so import taxes don't apply

In Canada, and many other places, there is no such exception. You are responsible to pay taxes on everything you purchase, period. A "trade" can be even worse because then customs would prefer to use the fair commercial value of the goods for tax evaluation instead of what you may have actually "paid." Here they also have the right to apply the fair market value if you significantly underpaid for the goods or received them for free. Only when importing however. Bought within the country, with few exceptions it's the value based on selling price. But not in the case of automobiles, then it's book value if you underpaid.

Do you want a scarier and more egregious example? For Canada, if you re-import something that already belongs to you with any alterations that materially affect its value, you are responsible for paying tax on the value of the whole, not simply the upgrades/enhancements you've made. There are ways around this, but they are not automatic, you have to go through a process. Example: You have a car with a market value of $20000 here in Canada. You take it to the US and have the engine stripped down, modified and rebuilt. Let's say that cost you $5000. When you come back to Canada, the value for tax assessment is that of the upgraded car, perhaps near $25000, not the $5000 you spent on the engine upgrade.

I got caught with this one myself. I had a nice diamond already in my hands here in Canada on which I paid taxes when I bought it. Let's call it an even $5000. I sent it to the US to get set in a ring because that special ring I wanted was not available here. The basic ring cost $1500 and the setting service was free. I had it sent back to me FedEx and of course insured for $6500 but with the customs paperwork clearly filled out describing what had been done and the Canadian origin of the diamond. I was taxed on the full amount of $6500. I ended up having to go through multiple phone calls with customs and I finally did get a refund on the portion of taxes of the diamond, but only because I could prove that I had no alternative to get the setting here in Canada.

In Canada, with few exceptions, everything is taxed. And even in the case where something doesn't "appear" to be taxed, it very well may be. Electricity is taxed, natural gas/heat, tap water, water you flush, rain and even the air you breath. Though most people don't get an itemized bill for the last two. ;)

Last edited:
Back