The best likeness ever in 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The debate over best likeness can be broke down though, best likeness in sculpt, and best likeness in a finished, painted piece. Based just on sculpt, I think Trev's work would have a lot more nods in here, but a lot of his work gets paint jobs that lose the likeness he sculpted. The big vote getters in here have a combination of sculpt and paint selling the likenesses their supposed to represent. That's where HT and Enterbay standout, they have great sculptors and they've got very skilled factory painters that can turn out paint apps that enhance the sculpt likeness instead of losing it.

In other words Sideshow kills Trevors great sculpts with shat paint apps.

In other words Sideshow kills Trevors great sculpts with shat paint apps.

Anyone's sculpts in the 1/6 line, there have been some, like Old Ben and Lando where the likeness isn't lost in the paint, but then you get some like ANH Han and Luke, I'd even say Andy's Episode 3 Obi-Wan might be quite stronger with a proper paint job as the raw sculpt looked good. You could go on, but paint requires as much attention to getting the individual's traits right as sculpting it, it's not enough just to paint 2 perfect circles for eyes and all.

Sideshow sculptors need to hold some VPs hostage from Sideshow and demand quality paint apps across the board or they are gonna jump ship to other companies. I cant imagine how pissed I would be to devote so much time and effort into making a sculpt only to see it shat on by piss poor paint apps.

Trev should try and get JC to paint a couple of his heads up, just to show what is possible with his work, it's criminal how his amazing work gets obliterated by poor paint.

Well technically this guy is no scale, but if you multiplied the scale by 6 I think it would be somewhere around the right size of the dragon. And as far as likeness goes, I think it's unmatched.
View attachment 22796
View attachment 22800

Footprint (to get an idea of the size)
View attachment 22801
Compare the original from Monster Hunter 3 (Rioreusu リオレウス aka Ratholos in the US):
View attachment 22799
And compared in-game (color varies with different monster hunter games)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMb7YS6uts#t=1m25s

First Blood M65 Jacket version!!

stallonne-first-blood-300x200.jpg

121607pruitt_1stblood.jpg

1ramboi_m65jacket.jpg

2ramboi_m65jacket.jpg

I would sincerely hope that it is on the back burner as I would like to see a Taylor and Nova rendition by Hot Toys since they have recently released the T-800 and Sarah Connor figures which were also released by SS. Further Ape figures would be nice but all Apes look alike (HA, HA).:lol
Tell that to a gorilla in a dark alley! :monkey5
This thread proves beyond doubt that 1/6 is where its at!

PF'ers can suck it :moon

True dat!

Trev should try and get JC to paint a couple of his heads up, just to show what is possible with his work, it's criminal how his amazing work gets obliterated by poor paint.

This is true. I always wanted to have his T-1000 repainted ........... Sarah Connor repainted was pretty nice. He's a very talented dude. Sideshows next step of improvement has to be in the paint department.

This is true. I always wanted to have his T-1000 repainted ........... Sarah Connor repainted was pretty nice. He's a very talented dude. Sideshows next step of improvement has to be in the paint department.

Trev never did the T-1000. Andy B did T-800 and T-1000 1/6 figures, and Tim Miller did T-1000 mini bust.

In my collection the best likeness is

1.jack bauer scary real, looks like he's saying wht the fk u looking at

339r7d2.jpg

2. john connor

nb6qeg.jpg

3. Godfather

k3m4xh.jpg

LOL at Mr. Bean with a gun and Batman gloves!!!

And that Jack Bauer does really take the cake

The Jack Sparrow above is beautiful but not the "best likeness" IMO.

Last edited:
Not what I'd traditionally think of for likeness, but Andy did do a great job on the Apes portraits.

I'm confused... did Andy do the Hot Toys Ape portraits? I know Mat Falls did all of the Ape sculpts for Sideshow except for Brent (Andy) and Ursus (Brian).

Poor SS Ursus.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Back