The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you laughed only one time during that movie, I actually feel badly for you. :slap

Everyone talks about the Hulk stuff being funny but I didn't find any of that to be funny. All the Coulsen stuff I liked, the trading cards and things I found to be a bit funny. I dunno, what else was funny?

None of which are Avengers. :dunno :lol

Honestly, and though the Nolancompoops will disagree (I don't want to start a pissing contest here), it's no more or less unforgettable than Zimmer's Batman and that sure as hell didn't hurt the franchise. :huh

I'm a Nolancompooop and I give you the Zimmer jab, as zimmers score wasn't really Iconic. The only theme I found memorable about zimmers batman is the Joker theme which plays when he's going to be on screen or is on screen, other than that zimmers score just served it's purpose.

"He's adopted" got a big laugh.

Ah yea, that wasn't bad. I found Thor much funnier in his own film though than I found him here. I find Thors movie to be much funnier than Avengers, Thor was hilarious, I just watched it last week and I was cracking up through out the whole film, such a good movie lol

Last edited:
"He's adopted" got a big laugh.

Having to tell someone what was funny in a movie kind of defeats the purpose. :slap

I'll be seeing it again on Thursday, I'll probably laugh at the same parts of the film and I'll probably totally ignore the soundtrack again. :rotfl

Having to tell someone what was funny in a movie kind of defeats the purpose. :slap

I'll be seeing it again on Thursday, I'll probably laugh at the same parts of the film and I'll probably totally ignore the soundtrack again. :rotfl

how can you ignore something when you don't even know it's there...... hmmmmmmmm

And i'm getting the impression people thing I hated the movie lol I didn't, it's a GOOD film, just felt like it could have been better, just didn't end up being my favorite like I wanted it to be.

Uh, they had a pretty badass theme. Not the march, but the theme is the last half of the end credits song. And it was used perfectly during the tracking shot. So suck that.

Also, I doubt he had much time between Cap, and Avengers. So, don't blame him.

Uh, they had a pretty badass theme. Not the march, but the theme is the last half of the end credits song. And it was used perfectly during the tracking shot. So suck that.

Also, I doubt he had much time between Cap, and Avengers. So, don't blame him.

What tracking shot?

Also, mixing is also important. I did notice the score was quite low....which i found strange. I've listened it it a few times, and it was pretty hard to hear in the film.

I guess that was one of my few complaints. The final mixdown. Oh well. Could've been worse!

THE tracking shot.

lol I assume you're talking about the camera sweep of the whole team, which that is a moment I do remember, just wish there was more moments in the film that pronounced the music a lot more, it did seem quite low in the movie. But I don't think time between movies hurt Silvestri, I think it's just his style. James Horner only had two weeks to write and compose the music for Aliens and he wrote the final hero piece where ripley launches the queen alien out the ship and climbs up the air lock the night before he had to turn the score in. I think Silvestri can do better and I hope he does, I love some of his other work, especially his score for Van helsing, I for what ever reason love his theme for that movie.

how can you ignore something when you don't even know it's there...... hmmmmmmmm

And i'm getting the impression people thing I hated the movie lol I didn't, it's a GOOD film, just felt like it could have been better, just didn't end up being my favorite like I wanted it to be.

I find it funny that you are so into audio but yet you missed the obvious dialogues. :slap

:lecture

Best part of the whole damn film. One of the coolest tracking shots I can think of, even though it was VERY CGI heavy. Still bad ass.

And how you don't laugh at Hulk slamming Loki around... IDK. That ____ almost had me in tears. :lol

I will admit, i'm not a hulk fan, so i'm sort of biased there. But it made me so disappointed when he spoke and it was banners voice. I was so ready for that line and then that came out and deflated the whole moment for me.

I find it funny that you are so into audio but yet you missed the obvious dialogues

Oh I got the dialog, that was just fine. Even though I did love the Stark and Banner conversations. They had great chemistry together. and it's not that i'm so into Audio, I can just feel when a film is missing that little piece for me, and I haven't mentioned dialog because the film was not missing that, the dialog was great.

Last edited:
:lecture

Best part of the whole damn film. One of the coolest tracking shots I can think of, even though it was VERY CGI heavy. Still bad ass.

And how you don't laugh at Hulk slamming Loki around... IDK. That ____ almost had me in tears. :lol

When Loki said enough and the hulk just stop I was like O ____ Loki is gonna go crazy but then hulk just pounds the ____ out of him. I was surprised that Loki could withstand that. He got blown up by an arrow, shot at , body slammed by Thor and rag dolled by hulk. Didn't know he could take that.

lol I assume you're talking about the camera sweep of the whole team, which that is a moment I do remember, just wish there was more moments in the film that pronounced the music a lot more, it did seem quite low in the movie. But I don't think time between movies hurt Silvestri, I think it's just his style. James Horner only had two weeks to write and compose the music for Aliens and he wrote the final hero piece where ripley launches the queen alien out the ship and climbs up the air lock the night before he had to turn the score in. I think Silvestri can do better and I hope he does, I love some of his other work, especially his score for Van helsing, I for what ever reason love his theme for that movie.

Aliens is a direct rip off of his Wrathof Khan score. I love it, but he was rushed. Same with Silvestri. But probably not pressured. Cap was amazing, probably because he had more time.

I love thr theme though. And a few of the tracks. Especially Assemble, and I Got a Ride.

But i'm kind of a Silvestri fanboy. I can hum every one of his themes. Even Beowulf and The A Team. (Not the original show theme. The movie theme.

Aliens is a direct rip off of his Wrathof Khan score. I love it, but he was rushed. Same with Silvestri. But probably not pressured. Cap was amazing, probably because he had more time.

I love thr theme though. And a few of the tracks. Especially Assemble, and I Got a Ride.

But i'm kind of a Silvestri fanboy. I can hum every one of his themes. Even Beowulf and The A Team. (Not the original show theme. The movie theme.

I have not heard Wratch of Khan, I will have to track that down and see what your talking about there.

And Beowulfs score is awesome :rock I forgot he did most of Zimmickes movies.

I'm kind of surprised to read that some here didn't care for the musical score. I'm something of an orchestrated film score addict. It's become ritual for me to listen to them while drawing, driving, and working. I thought the Avengers score, the theme especially, was both exciting and heroic. I've been listening this material for the last few days, myself, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

That scene with the guy playing a videogame in the SHIELD helicarrier was really funny. Very short and unexpected.

Back