The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen it,Loved it !!!
Everything I was hoping it was going to be and more,
Now positively sh###ing my pants 'cos I know that I want the main 4 now and Loki from HT, Oh boy !!!!

Kindest regards
Tys

1.jpg

wantforreasons.png

Consumer electronics firm Dane-Elec has released Marvel’s The Avengers USB drive product line with Marvel Entertainment.

The 8 GB flash drives will come in the form of Captain America, The Hulk, Thor and Iron Man.

"We are thrilled to offer Marvel fans our second line of USB drives, which is based on the characters in the upcoming Marvel's The Avengers movie," said Sherry Chapman, director of marketing for Dane-Elec.

"The Marvel Classics line is extremely popular and we are excited to give movie fans the Marvel's The Avengers drives. Both adults and children can now store and transport data on these replica character statuettes that have a sleek sliding USB drive embedded in the base. "

The flash drives will hit stores beginning May at USD $19.99 and comes with a five-year warranty.

Emotions were high period. Coulson had died. It was truly affecting Tony. It was his first man down.

Coulson had not been killed at that point. Coulson died after everything was going crazy with Hulk rampaging and Iron Man and Cap were fixing the propellor.

i will really miss seeing Coulson in future Marvel studio movies. his character was awesome for being a non-superhero:monkey2

Coulson had not been killed at that point. Coulson died after everything was going crazy with Hulk rampaging and Iron Man and Cap were fixing the propellor.

i will really miss seeing Coulson in future Marvel studio movies. his character was awesome for being a non-superhero:monkey2

Doh, you're right. It was just before they went out to stop Hawkeye, etc. That is my bad. Too much Avengers on the brain getting mulled into one thought apparently.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get a flash drive. Ebay prices are unfair. How the heck are these not available anywhere else?

I read an interview last year with Cheadle where he confirmed that he was contracted for Avengers but that they didn't end up using him and that he'd just have to wait for Iron Man 3. Whedon was very careful about making this a stand alone film that would work for people who hadn't seen the other Marvel movies. Having an unknown character show up at the climax and start upstaging the characters we've been watching for two hours doesn't sound like the approach he wanted to take. This film is playing well to a huge audience because you don't have to stop in the middle of the action and explain to your grandma why there are two guys in Iron Man suits all of a sudden. He had to keep the focus on the Avengers and if half the movie was spent tying up loose ends and visiting with the supporting cast from previous films, it wouldn't have worked as well. Whedon was very wise in deciding what NOT to include. Save Rhodes, Jane Foster, Old Peggy, etc. for individual sequels. Trim the fat when it's time for an Avengers movie.

Question: Do you guys normally have/know about shoarma in the US? Just wondering, cuz there's enough people here in The Netherlands who stuff their faces with it every weekend.

About the Hulk. The whole being in and out of control thing could be explained by saying Loki and his scepter influenced him, but let's not forget that since the very beginning (in the comics) Banner struggles with control over the Hulk. There are times when he has it and times he doesn't. If it wasn't Loki it could've just been that.

Question: Do you guys normally have/know about shoarma in the US? Just wondering, cuz there's enough people here in The Netherlands who stuff their faces with it every weekend.

Shawarma is a quite popular food in more urban American cities. Not sure they eat them in Idaho, but there are plenty places to go in cities like NYC, Chicago, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles, San Fran, Vegas, Diego, etc...

Yes. Shawarma can be found at many restaurants including Gyro places, Greek restaurants and Mediterranean restaurants, etc.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get a flash drive. Ebay prices are unfair. How the heck are these not available anywhere else?

Places like BBTS will most likely offer these.

But I still want a full set of the 3D glasses, which were MUCH harder to find than we were lead to believe. Most theaters here didn't get them at all, and the ones that did offered them only for the Marvel Movie Marathon. And I aint paying $80-$100 for a set.

Shawarma is a quite popular food in more urban American cities. Not sure they eat them in Idaho, but there are plenty places to go in cities like NYC, Chicago, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles, San Fran, Vegas, Diego, etc...

Yes. Shawarma can be found at many restaurants including Gyro places, Greek restaurants and Mediterranean restaurants, etc.

Okay thanks for the reply. Was wondering, because Tony gave me the idea it's rare in the US. ;)

Anyhoo, tryin' to pick a date and find people I haven't been to this movie yet. Will be my fourth time. :D I do love me some Iron Man and Hulk in this movie. Can't get enough of the action and humor.

Places like BBTS will most likely offer these.

But I still want a full set of the 3D glasses, which were MUCH harder to find than we were lead to believe. Most theaters here didn't get them at all, and the ones that did offered them only for the Marvel Movie Marathon. And I aint paying $80-$100 for a set.

Wanted them so bad, but they didn't even have them available in The Netherlands.:monkey2

I don't think Phil is really dead.......he signed on for Iron Man 3.. I had heard that the DVD/Blu Ray is due to hit sometime between the last week of July and second week of August

They could pull the Life Model Decoy route with Coulson's death as you hear Tony mention the concept earlier in the movie.

Back