The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could pull the Life Model Decoy route with Coulson's death as you hear Tony mention the concept earlier in the movie.

I don't know, Fury seemed pretty convinced when he watched Coulson punch out. You'd think Fury would know if there were any Life Model Decoy's running around.

I don't know, Fury seemed pretty convinced when he watched Coulson punch out. You'd think Fury would know if there were any Life Model Decoy's running around.

I agree and I remember the convincing look from Fury, but it doesn't stop them from going that route in a later movie.

He also looked pretty convinced when he convinced Cap those bloody cards were in Coulson's jacket. Fury lies when appropriate.

The only other explanation is that Coulsons death was faked by Fury to give the Avengers an extra push.

They could pull the Life Model Decoy route with Coulson's death as you hear Tony mention the concept earlier in the movie.

I don't even think we have to go that route. (But also, I think there never was a LMD, I think that was just a joke Stark put out there)

Fury reacted to Coulson "dying"...but we don't see Coulson after that except when Fury calls the team to tell them he is dead...then you just see the medics carrying him away...but they don't show all of him. And then the look on Fury's face when he tells Hill about the "push"...seems to indicate to me that there was more than he was saying. It doesn't necessarily have to be that Coulson did not die...but I am betting that is what it was.

That whole scene just seems to me to have been written a little to ambiguously.

The only other explanation is that Coulsons death was faked by Fury to give the Avengers an extra push.

Fury pulled a similar stunt in Fear Itself, so it's not outside the realm of possibility, but personally, I think Coulson is dead.

Fury pulled a similar stunt in Fear Itself, so it's not outside the realm of possibility, but personally, I think Coulson is dead.

From what I know from Joss, he's dead. BUT, if Marvel doesn't want it that way, then the only other explanation is a stunt. If that's the case...dang you Fury. That's cold.

From what I know from Joss, he's dead. BUT, if Marvel doesn't want it that way, then the only other explanation is a stunt. If that's the case...dang you Fury. That's cold.

:lecture Yeah, but I think everyone is grasping at straws because of how much we like Coulson. I wouldn't mind if that's how he comes back, but it just seems like an easy out to correct a simple mistake.

Yea i couldnt believe coulson died. I liked his character alot. Everyone in the theater was like awwwww when it happened. Sux we wont see him in the future films.

That would be a pretty lame, cheap out if Fury & Coulson faked the death. When Coulson says "I'm clocked out here, boss" and then apparently dies it's clearly a moment between the two of them. No one else is even around until the medics get there. Why would that be faked?

Yeah, I think some of you are grasping at straws. He's dead.

Personally, I hate it when they bring characters back from the dead. As has been mentioned, it dilutes the impact of their deaths.

But comic books are notorious for bringing popular characters, or characters that are a necessity to further a plot, back from the dead.

One way or another, I believe we have not seen the last of Agent Coulson.

My guess is that he will be brought back in at the end of Avengers 2 to give The Eath's Mightiest another "push".

the other reason i think he is dead is that i think in movie universe if your dead then thats it your dead. since the movie has to appeal to a wider audience and not just comic book people having a character die only to come back would really not fly with people that dont follow comic books. people that read comics on regular basis understand that a character is only dead for so long until they come back but for regular movie goers they wont accept it no matter how feasible the reason for returning to life is. but i could be wrong

Personally, I don't care one way or the other if Coulson comes back. I'm just saying they left it open just enough that they could if they wanted to.

Coulson is dead, joss whedon doesnt mess around with those stories just to bring him back. That's not his directing style.

I feel bad for the actor more than the character, i mean he's not famous & seemed like a nice guy. Be nice for him to continue to appear in those movies, oh wellz hope he finds more roles in the future.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other if Coulson comes back. I'm just saying they left it open just enough that they could if they wanted to.

a blade went through him, he died in fury's arm, and they dragged his body out. If you call that left open....ok

That would be a pretty lame, cheap out if Fury & Coulson faked the death. When Coulson says "I'm clocked out here, boss" and then apparently dies it's clearly a moment between the two of them. No one else is even around until the medics get there. Why would that be faked?

Yeah, I think some of you are grasping at straws. He's dead.

tumblr_m36ixiTIn01qady5mo13_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m36ixiTIn01qady5mo14_r2_250.gif

Back