The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really go by box office take since ticket prices go up every year, so these lists mean nothing to me.

True

but box office is important if you ever want to see a part 2 of something you love. :lol

With the obvious exception (and this is a big one) that even during the action scenes Avengers stays focused on its characters and has great moments and lines instead of groan-inducing ones.

:exactly:

I really want to know what could possibly be so important that War Machine was unavailable.

I thought he was in at well because I saw his name in the credit listing on rotten tomatoes.

Somehow this movie managed to have laugh out loud funny lines seemingly every minute, all while advancing every character's personality, and having fantastic fight scenes.

The balancing act it managed is truly incredible.

original.gif

:clap

You have to understand a lot of people who have gone to see this have no clue about the comics, and while they kept a lot of things faithful, they don't want Tony to come over as a bit of a doucebag, even in Iron Man 2 they did not want to make him a drunk, so they went with the he is slowly dying plot. They want the loveable Tony we have seen in the last few films, especially as he is on his own in the next outing.

This thread is moving super fast. Has anyone asked or answerd why when Thor was in the field and he reached for the hammer it didnt jump into his hand? Was he hurt?

My take is that he was thinking back to when he couldn't lift it in Thor.

I like how he bashes him, stops and takes a look and then does it some more, like nah not bashed enough yet. :rotfl

:rotfl

One thing I noticed is they did away with Banner's eye's turning green before he turns into the Hulk.

no association with Ed Norton allowed, Feige hates him. :lol

Here's some super hi res character shots courtesy of Guhndoi at SHH...

2259 x 5000
2252 x 5000
2294 x 5000

1936 x 5000
4742 x 5000

3162 x 4618
3522 x 5000

It really sucks to say but I could see Avengers 2 having Hulk as a bad guy and Tony using some Hulkbuster armor. They were definitly too nice to each other in this movie and just seemed like a set up for something.

Plus the plan in this movie was for Thanos to use the Hulk. Seems like that plan could still work if he sends someone better than Loki to implement it.

Plus the plan in this movie was for Thanos to use the Hulk. Seems like that plan could still work if he sends someone better than Loki to implement it.

I think they should have him team up with the Leader, especially as they set him up in the incredible Hulk, and he knows a lot about Hulk which can come in handy.

the only thing I didn't get is the transformation of hulk. On the carrier he turned into a mindless monster destroyed everything and almost killed bw. Yet in the final battle bruce banner has full control of him and hulk followed orders and rescued his teammates instead of acting like a mindless monster.

But they never explained this transformation, especially since it happened in such short time.What changed to make Bruce have control over the hulk.

I made this up for myself...when he was after BW...he was fighting the transformation and the Hulk won...giving the Hulk more control of that persona. When he changed during the final fight...he did it intentionally...giving Banner more control over the persona. That is why both things...control and time of transformation...were different.

This thread is moving super fast. Has anyone asked or answerd why when Thor was in the field and he reached for the hammer it didnt jump into his hand? Was he hurt?

He didn't pick it up initially because he was contemplating how sh.it things were, and how he couldn't save Coulson...no doubt thinking it was his fault (hence him clenching his fist).

That's how I understood it anyway.

I think it was more like that Mjolnir is a part of Thor and since he explained that the Asgardians brought down destruction to earth that thinks that he is now responsible for all and therefor unworthy...in a way...of Mjolnir again.
When he came to terms with that, he was able again to lift Mjolnir.

Just my 2 cents.

Covers it pretty well for me.

It's a short gag scene of the team eating shawarma, that's it.
team2t.jpg

But it was fantastic. Perfect thing to end it all with.

That said, no... Don't wanna see Thanos use Hulk as a pawn in a sequel. The villains already tried that. It's time for something new and a move for the Infinity Gauntlet is just that.

Plus, at the end of The Avengers it's implied that Banner is now working for Stark. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Iron Man 3 and others, especially since Ruffalo just signed a 6-picture deal.

And no annoying/crying/out of control children either. :lol

There was one of those too, a toddler right behind me that kept kicking my seat, grabbing on the back of the seat watching overhead, and talking but that was overshadowed by the disaster happening next to me so I didn't mind it much. The father even had to take this kid out of the theater at one time. :lol

I hope you have a much funner go at this then I did!

Also for those wondering why the Hulk was not in control on the Helicarrier, don't forget the scenes right before that establish Loki's plan is to gain control of and use the Hulk.

BW figures out the plan from her interrogation scene with Loki. She uses her earpiece saying Loki's plan is to use the Hulk and to get Banner out of the lab immediately.

Then comes the scene where everyone is in the lab with Loki's scepter and everyone starts losing control and arguing. The scepter is clearly starting to influence everyone at that point as the camera pans over the scepter and shows everyone upside down with the scepter in the foreground. It isn't complete influence like when Loki pokes everyone else in the chest but there is still some influence going on and mainly with Banner as he grabs the scepter and plans on using it. Basically it seemed to be raising everyone's aggression. Therefore, it seems to me, like Banner could have been influenced more by the scepter and still under some influence when he changed after the explosion which is why he was enraged and not in control of the Hulk.

Later in the movie, Loki's influence is gone and Banner has full control over the change and can focus the Hulk better.

Also for those wondering why the Hulk was not in control on the Helicarrier, don't forget the scenes right before that establish Loki's plan is to gain control of and use the Hulk.

BW figures out the plan from her interrogation scene with Loki. She uses her earpiece saying Loki's plan is to use the Hulk and to get Banner out of the lab immediately.

Then comes the scene where everyone is in the lab with Loki's scepter and everyone starts losing control and arguing. The scepter is clearly starting to influence everyone at that point as the camera pans over the scepter and shows everyone upside down with the scepter in the foreground. It isn't complete influence like when Loki pokes everyone else in the chest but there is still some influence going on and mainly with Banner as he grabs the scepter and plans on using it. Therefore, it seems to me, like Banner could have been influenced more by the scepter and still under some influence when he changed after the explosion which is why he was enraged and not in control of the Hulk.

Later in the movie, Loki's influence is gone and Banner has full control over the change and can focus the Hulk better.

Yep, that's it exactly. The plan was to use the Hulk and Loki's magic to divide the team. Also why the Hulk is in more control later on.

Plus, at the end of The Avengers it's implied that Banner is now working for Stark. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Iron Man 3 and others, especially since Ruffalo just signed a 6-picture deal.

I was thinking the same thing. For him to sign six films, surely a cameo in IM3 would be one of them (not unlike how Sam Jackson's cameos were part of his 9?-film deal).

It could even just be a passing scene with Banner working on something in Stark Tower's 'R&D department'.

Back