The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I'm going to be in London over the weekend so plan on seeing this in IMAX. This will be seen a few times ove the coming weeks.

You will want every Hot Toys figure :lol

I don't care how good this movie is I will not be buying anything other than the ones I have planned on buying. :lol

That being said I can't wait to see this next week.

Avengers has got a rating of 96% on rotten tomatoes right now? Hype level increased! :panic:

Positive stuff

Looking forward to seeing this after the very boring Thor and Cpt America.

spock_slap.gif

So...just like with one of the other movies (can't remember if it was thor or CA) my brother has tickets to a pre-screening for Dr Pepper employees on Thursday in TX...and he's not going.

He has a good reason, his wife just had twins and they are swamped right now. But it still sucks to miss a free pre-screening of this movie...like I did when it hit L.A.:)

I loved Iron Man, & Thor and really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk. However, I thought Iron Man 2 was a cashgrab, and Captain America was extremely overrated and meh after the first hour.

How will The Avengers compare?

Yeh, definitely better than all the other single films.

I think as a whole film, I was wowed a little bit more by Spiderman 2, but the last 45min of Avengers are unmatched.

The box office smashing this film will do, is gonna make Joss Whedon a big gun in Hollywood.

So...just like with one of the other movies (can't remember if it was thor or CA) my brother has tickets to a pre-screening for Dr Pepper employees on Thursday in TX...and he's not going.

He has a good reason, his wife just had twins and they are swamped right now. But it still sucks to miss a free pre-screening of this movie...like I did when it hit L.A.:)

Cant you still go or does he need to be there?

Well somebody did mention a scene mid credits but not at the very end.

I can confirm: THERE IS a mid credits scene.
This time you don't have to wait to the end of the whole credits :yess:

Okay, that clarifies it better, thanks.

I'd heard you don't need to stay until the end, but there was an extra clip, or something.

Back to avoiding this thread for another week!

I loved Iron Man, & Thor and really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk. However, I thought Iron Man 2 was a cashgrab, and Captain America was extremely overrated and meh after the first hour.

How will The Avengers compare?

Iron Man 2 is just pure garbage and I wasn't a fan of The Incredible Hulk either. TIH had Banner all Emo/Self-Hating who wanted to cure the Hulk,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

this just in....

Its official, THE AVENGERS pack a mighty punch.

The film took in $6 million on its Anzac Day opening in Australia, second only to last year’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 whch opened with a total of $7 million! It’s great news for Marvel Studios as THE AVENGERS represents its largest opening day in Australia (223% ahead of the Iron Man 2 opening) and also the best day for Disney Studios.

The Hulk and his teammates smashed records in Taiwan and New Zealand and as the movie opens progressively around the world heading to its US May 4th opening, its looks as though THE AVENGERS will continue to blitz the box-office.

AVENGERS fans have assembled and spoken - this is the type of super-hero movie they've always wanted!!

So...I´m sitting at work, contemplating on that movie and it doesn´t matter which part I remember. I just happen to smile and thinking about the Hulk makes me grin.
This is the Hulk how he should be...really!!!!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST COMIC ADAPTION EVER!!!

Huge Spoilers in these, so please be careful

Like others said, everyone shines. There is a GREAT amount of equal screentime for everybody and there were funny scenes, menacing scenes (
Spoiler Spoiler:
and REALLY, REALLY EPIC BATTLES.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Next week...one more time...Batman´s gonna get slapped at the Box office, I´d say. Even if it sounds a bit hard.

Simply amazing, I can´t find any more words for it.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Guys you will absolutely love this film, Hulk steals the show, going again on Sunday too see it, not been to watch the same film twice at the cinema since Phantom Menace in 1999

Twice? I'm going to see it for the third time on sunday :lol 3D goes on my eyes real quick though :monkey2

Ugh why did they release it in everywhere but America

Back