The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

ONLY 77 DAYS TILL I GET TO SEE THIS IM TOO EXCITED, I have already planned on seeing it the day after opening day already im too excited, I love batman begins and dark knight but this is just too much

Each film has raised the bar required for the newer films so they are simply not a rehash. I just hope this year doesn't signal the decline of the superhero genre. The public is fickle and when they have had enough, they move on to greener pastures, although I must say the quality of these has certainly given the medium more endurance than I would have believed possible.

I don't care what Jye says! I liked IM2. LIKED IT! :yess:

please don't hit me Jye...I bruise easy.

:rotfl

If it makes you feel any better, my 2 lolz cats loved IM2, but they sure made a mess with the popcorn :gah: :slap

He won't hit you, but I'll spank you.

:monkey3 :wink1:

:yess::yess:

Oh wait, you meant Snoopy :slap :monkey2

He won't hit you, but I'll spank you.

:monkey3 :wink1:

1239955217_kinky_stewie_and_brian.gif

I can spank all three of y'all. :lol

:1-1: ;)

1982 and 1984 were just huge years for genre films without every single one of them being a reboot or part of a series.

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Blade Runner
The Dark Crystal
Tron
Conan the Barbarian
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Poltergeist

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Terminator
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
The Last Starfighter
The Never Ending Story
Dune

All of the above are either standalone classics (bona fide or cult) or the with the exception of TOD the best of their respective series. 2012 will be hard pressed to achieve the same but it will be insanely cool if it can come close.

I see. I only really love the Indy movies off that list... I don't get the appeal of many of those. Some are alright. Others I flat out refuse to ever watch again because I thought they were so bad. But I can appreciate your point.

But this year still is exciting and you can't argue that. It's not necessarily the endurance of these films when people say it's a great year, it's the excitement and anticipation and the quantity of films you have an interest in. That too can be a great year for movies. I have five movies coming out that I know I am going to have to see in theaters (TDKR, Hobbit, Skyfall, Bourne, Avengers). I don't need these to be better than the originals, I just want them to be quality and fun and it will be memorable going out to see them, whether they're good or bad.

And Iron Man 2 was such a let down because it was the first superhero sequel (more specifically, the second installment in the series) since "Batman Returns" to not be as good or better than the original. It was ok at best but the Avengers stuff really bogged it down.

(an extra one for any additional spankings) :lol

If Hunni is handing them out I'm in. :lol

As for Iron Man 2, it was a disjointed mess. Between shoehorning both Tony's illness with the SHIELD Avengers subplot to the friction between Tony and Pepper AND Tony and Rhodey not to mention the whole Justin Hammer/Vanko angle and then adding the StarkExpo with him dealing with his feelings and regards to his father and how that'd eventually save his life, there was at least three movies crammed into one.

What made Iron Man 1 enjoyable is that it at it's core was a story about redemption. A wayward billionaire trying to find a way to make amends for the mistakes in his life using his own technological prowless. That was it. Everything else fit into that mold.

Iron Man 2 tried to do too much on too grand a scale and it came off that way. There are parts I liked but overall it was a complete letdown from the first, Predator 2 category here. Even Favreau admitted openly that it didn't play well in its final form which is why he was editing up to the week before release.

I'm hoping Iron Man 3 and Shane Black openly saying that 2 wasn't that good and that 3 needed to go back to basics will keep to that and make a nice bookend instead of going the ROTJ route which another franchise seems to be heading with their third installment.

If Hunni is handing them out I'm in. :lol

As for Iron Man 2, it was a disjointed mess. Between shoehorning both Tony's illness with the SHIELD Avengers subplot to the friction between Tony and Pepper AND Tony and Rhodey not to mention the whole Justin Hammer/Vanko angle and then adding the StarkExpo with him dealing with his feelings and regards to his father and how that'd eventually save his life, there was at least three movies crammed into one.

What made Iron Man 1 enjoyable is that it at it's core was a story about redemption. A wayward billionaire trying to find a way to make amends for the mistakes in his life using his own technological prowless. That was it. Everything else fit into that mold.

Iron Man 2 tried to do too much on too grand a scale and it came off that way. There are parts I liked but overall it was a complete letdown from the first, Predator 2 category here. Even Favreau admitted openly that it didn't play well in its final form which is why he was editing up to the week before release.

I'm hoping Iron Man 3 and Shane Black openly saying that 2 wasn't that good and that 3 needed to go back to basics will keep to that and make a nice bookend instead of going the ROTJ route which another franchise seems to be heading with their third installment.

:exactly::lecture:clap:lecture:exactly:

Okay this thread doesn't need to degenerate into a list of names for the spanking line. :lol

Back to Avengers. :lecture

Back