The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Not legally.

You know, you really shouldn't abuse the Mike Signal :tap

picture.php

:lol "The Mike signal"

Nope anything related to 20th Century Fox would require specialized contracts that would then indicate that the character was therefore being used under "lease" and require Disney/Marvel to pay dues on filming, merchandising as well as actor's contractual obligations in order not to conflict with the future projects of 20th Century Fox and it's films.

A few people have mentioned this being the "ultimate" summer or year for genre pictures. On the one hand I'm thinking it could be but on the other I do agree that all the big movies this year are just part of a series we've already seen or are reboots.

And quality wise I'm not convinced that ANY of these movies will top their predecessors.

I think it will very likely turn out that:

Captain America: The First Avenger > The Avengers
Spider-Man 2002 > The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises
Alien > Prometheus
The Lord of the Rings > The Hobbit

I think the only real guarantee of a movie this year topping its predecessor is GI Joe. Now before anyone freaks out I readily admit that ALL of this year's movies could be the best version yet of their respective stories and that of course would be the coolest thing ever. But otherwise this year just might be a ton of movies with characters that we've already seen in better films. I hope not.

A few people have mentioned this being the "ultimate" summer or year for genre pictures. On the one hand I'm thinking it could be but on the other I do agree that all the big movies this year are just part of a series we've already seen or are reboots.

And quality wise I'm not convinced that ANY of these movies will top their predecessors.

Alien > Prometheus

I think the only real guarantee of a movie this year topping its predecessor is GI Joe. Now before anyone freaks out I readily admit that ALL of this year's movies could be the best version yet of their respective stories and that of course would be the coolest thing ever. But otherwise this year just might be a ton of movies with characters that we've already seen in better films. I hope not.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Top their predecessors is subjective though (although I wouldn't count CA:TFA as the predecessor to The Avengers) are you talking box office receipts? quality? audience acceptance? For me Garfield's Spidey already trumped Tobey's just from the trailer, I'm sure others do not feel the same way. The Hobbit feels just like LOTR to me so I'm not looking for it to beat out what came before just continue it...

Without a line in the sand it'd be difficult to gauge.

Top their predecessors is subjective though (although I wouldn't count CA:TFA as the predecessor to The Avengers) are you talking box office receipts? quality? audience acceptance?

Quality, which would probably tie right into audience acceptance.

Last edited:

Then I if you're going for that I think you're already going to have disagreements right off of the bat. I guess that would dovetail into box office receipts (adjusted of course) to see if the general populous agrees but as of right now people pretty much have their minds made up and I doubt very many will suddenly change too much with viewings of the film, most will say "it wasn't bad but...." and continue on course.

Alien > Prometheus

That would be just fine by me. All of those were great movies. Just because movie A is better than movie B, doesn't make movie B garbage.

I thought Iron Man 1 and Thor were better than Cap. Just my preference though. I did like Cap tho... :monkey3

:goodpost:

Have yet to come across anyone who had the balls to admit that. And correct me if I'm mistaken but... Aren't you a chick? Haha.

Back