The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I just did a frame by frame of the trailer and as it turned out I missed quit a bit. I missed the MARK 7, missed the Stark building in NY, missed Loki's weapon in possession of SHIELD, missed the part where Loki grabs Tony by the neck and throws him off the window and more.

Last edited:

I just did a frame by frame of the trailer and as it turned out I missed quit a bit. I missed the MARK 7, missed the Stark building in NY, missed Loki's weapon in possession of SHIELD, missed the part where Loki grabs Tony by the neck and throws him off the window and more.

Did I mention Loki rocks :)

Who was Widow fighting? Loki or someone else?

There have been rumors that the skrulls will be in the movie as well as Thanos (although I also heard he may be the after credit teaser marvel has done with all their films)

Loki won't be the only villain as Thor on his own can handle Loki, the villain must be either more powerful then any individual Avenger (and when more powerful then either hulk, thor, or upgraded IM, that means loki needs help.) or multiple villains Loki+skrull + Thanos

This movie is going to kick ass and yes it needs to be 2.5+ hours long to give the heros a chance to shine.

it's confirmed that the skrulls are in this. actors in mocap suits were seen filming some of the outdoor battle scenes and apparently those would be replaced by cgi skrulls...

pretty good trailer btw. and nice to finally see the ruffalo hulk. could've done without the nine inch nails song though. kinda made things feel outdated.

I really cannot stand it when they use heavy metal or everyday type music in trailers. I prefer classic trailer movie music, makes it feel more epic IMO and more serious.

Still, have not been disappointed in any Marvel Studios movie yet (except Iron Man 2) so sure it will be good. Thankfully it will have a real score too and not this. ;)

Last edited:

I really cannot stand it when they use heavy metal or everyday type music in trailers. I prefer classic trailer movie music, makes it feel more epic IMO and more serious.

Still, have not been disappointed in any Marvel Studios movie yet (except Iron Man 2) so sure it will be good. Thankfully it will have a real score too and not this. ;)

Wife said the exact same thing, I agree.

By trying to be hip, it cheapens what is really meant to be taken seriously.

Thankfully, the footage was able to stand on its own merits, which is impressive.

The first half of the trailer actually sounded fine with the cool sound effects but once the singing started :lol

Last edited:

"we're in this together now" NIN

perfect for conveying what that now means to be in Avengers.
But orchestral music ala Star wars would suit THIS type of movie similiar to TDK.
That was one thing that annoyed me a bit with IM2...why all the AC DC stuff.

He's actually throwing Tony Stark there. It's the rapid-fire editing that gives the illusion of Cap being the one thrown out by him.

Yes, I'm nerd enough to have watched the trailer frame by frame.
nerd.jpg

;) :wave

:lol Hey, I wanted to get a good look of ScarJo on her knees. The rest came naturally. :monkey3

So that still makes me a horny nerd, I guess. :lol

I loved the trailer, too bad a full orchestra/chorus music wasn't used instead of rock music.

I love me some full orchestra/chorus.

You have a full orchestra & choir follow you around all day don't you? :lol

:lol Hey, I wanted to get a good look of ScarJo on her knees. The rest came naturally. :monkey3

So that still makes me a horny nerd, I guess. :lol

Yes. But you not alone...raises hand. :lol

But you not alone...raises hand. :lol

My hand is WAY, WAY up.

Awesome trailer.

No red skull??

Joss Whedon loves Red Skull. So I will be shocked if he isn't in this. If not the first one, he will be in the second one. But he's not going to reveal everything in the first trailer. No, no, no...he's gonna make you wait for it.

Just watched the trailer again, I don't love how its pretty much "driven" by Tony Stark but the actual footage still looks very promising. And Cap cutting loose with a machine gun was awesome. :D

Just watched the trailer again, I don't love how its pretty much "driven" by Tony Stark but the actual footage still looks very promising. And Cap cutting loose with a machine gun was awesome. :D

Cap did look awesome with the gun :rock

RDJ is such an awesome actor, for me he is the Steve Jobs of acting, so innovative, his presence and marketing is truly felt. He is Stark 101% and it's hard not to have him up front and center.

That being said, I agree with an earlier and funny statement you had made, that IM3 sure has alot of guess stars :lol

No problems with Stark driving the truck. It's tony "freaking" stark and Iron Man owns. :rock

Back