The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

He could be in a colgate commercial and she would claim he was awesome and the most charismatic from that toothpaste commercial :lol

"You're a big man with your pearly whites. Take those away and then what are you?"

"Billionaire, genius, philanthropist..."

I always thought this was more of how the Hulk was supposed to look.

The Ed Norton version seemed too young/sexy looking. :lol

TMI man, TMI... ;)

Nevertheless he isn't the heart of the team nor is he the most gifted as a leader or battlefield technician. So it definitely wouldn't be accurate for him to be "leading" things.

I think they just played him up for the trailer, most likely due to the box office of the first two IM movies.

To be honest I didn't get the "heart of the team" or battlefield technician necessarily from the trailer. I got that vibe from Cap more than Iron man. I just think for now, they will be using Iron Man as the leading advertised character, but not necessarily the "leader" in the Avengers.

Last edited:

The hulk looks alot more brutish and akin to his comic book face, as the Ed Norton Hulk had much more human proportions, and thus the Norton hulk came across "young". This one should be the most accurate to date though. At least from what I see.

And I'm sure more than a few on this forum are already writing the first drafts of their "I can't stand TDKR and The Hobbit because other people love it too much" posts. :lol

I can hear them furiously typing away on their manifestos as we speak! :lol

He could be in a colgate commercial and she would claim he was awesome and the most charismatic from that toothpaste commercial :lol

:lol :lol

The Ed Norton version seemed too young/sexy looking. :lol

:horror :lol :lol

Like Khev said...TMI! ;)

I can understand why they'd make RDJ and Iron Man the focus, he's certainly the most charismatic and entertaining to watch of all the main actors involved.

I think he'll make Black Widow the main focus. :nana:

Fine, fine...a girl can dream.

Man, there's got to be a way to get Mike's attention faster during emergencies.

"Question, how do you contact him?"

"He left us a signal"

picture.php

I hope so too.

Hey, so can a guy :lol

Make that three! :lol

I loves me some ScarJo! :drool

"He left us a signal"

picture.php

:lol :lol :lol

Nice one, Jye! :lol

Wait, wait, wait just one minute here!

I'm confused more than normal.

Where is the Disney logo, I saw Paramount!

I am officially hitting the emergency button with this one, aka Mike!

Ohhhh Mike :lol

From what I can find it was a mistake on the part of the trailer editing. That the Disney logo will be placed perfectly by the time the full theatrical trailer is up. I've also read that it might be fixed on this with a secondary release.

Ahem... Sorry Mike. I probably posted this while you were typing up your post since it's the one before yours but...

For those wondering why it seems like Paramount is distributing and not Disney:

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83119

Knowing Disney wanted to turn "The Avengers" into a franchise and bank on the success of "Iron Man" after buying Marvel for $4 billion, Par's brass negotiated a deal in which it continues to collect 8% of the B.O. as part of fees it would have earned for distribbing the pic, as it did with the two "Iron Man" pics, "Thor" and "Captain America." It gets 9% for "Iron Man 3."

At the minimum, it earns $115 million, should they not perform.

At the same time, the deal granted Paramount placement on the marketing materials for both titles, even though Marvel's films are fully owned by Disney and will be solely distributed and marketed by the Mouse House, Variety learned.

While moviegoers will continue to think Paramount is releasing The Avengers and Iron Man 3 in theaters, it is Disney doing all the work and who we talk to behind the scenes. A strange situation for sure, but we'll get our superhero movies no matter what.

:peace

"He left us a signal"

picture.php

I love it. :1-1:

I let him know he's needed in the thread...

That is why I'm here. BG's call to action.

Ahem... Sorry Mike. I probably posted this while you were typing up your post since it's the one before yours but...

I'll take your "ahem" and raise you updated information with the piece that backs my original statement:

Last October both Paramount and Disney had “reached an agreement under which Paramount will transfer its worldwide marketing and distribution rights to Disney for Marvel Studios’ The Avengers and Iron Man 3… Under terms of the new deal, Disney will pay Paramount $115 million for the transfer of the distribution rights to Iron Man 3 and The Avengers to be paid on the theatrical release dates.

That means that Paramount will get sole billing until the release dates of the films where everything will transfer to The House of Mouse. Which means all trailers, all commercials will state Paramount but after the release date it will all change to Disney. What is being discussed is whether on those particular release dates you'll see the Walt Disney Studios logo as well as the Paramount logo before the famous Marvel flip logo or whether it'll state solely Walt Disney Studios, my bet though is on the former. At that point you'll see everything from iTunes trailers to posters change over to the WDS logo and lose the Paramount stuff.

So while the article you posted is correct, it just wasn't fully explained. The last article posted by Variety was still dated 8 hours ago so I fully expect more to stream in on that front while the film is promoting.

I fold! Lol

What an interesting arrangement though. It'm still getting used to seeing the 'D' on all the Muppet stuff now, it's going to be even stranger to see Disney's Avengers.

To be honest I didn't get the "heart of the team" or battlefield technician necessarily from the trailer. I got that vibe from Cap more than Iron man.

Right. I wasn't talking about the trailer, I was responding to someone who stated that Iron Man should lead the team.

Right. I wasn't talking about the trailer, I was responding to someone who stated that Iron Man should lead the team.

Oh yeah he shouldn't really, Capt and Thor have much more battle experience going off the movies.

Back