The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed both of those films but them being ahead of ROTK sucks as I know its a better film. If The Avengers makes the top 5 its going to knock ROTK out which again sucks but at least The Avengers is really a badass film.

I don't really go by box office take since ticket prices go up every year, so these lists mean nothing to me.

I'm the guy who loves the Transformers movies. I most certainly don't hate everything. :lol

And yes, the final battle was Bay-esq. But with a 10000x better script, and you actually CARED for these people.

In the final battle scene, I thought I was watching a Michael Bay film :monkey3

With the obvious exception (and this is a big one) that even during the action scenes Avengers stays focused on its characters and has great moments and lines instead of groan-inducing ones.

Whether or not the film turns out to be the best, there's no way it will make more money than any of Hobbit/TDKR/Avengers, because it's likely going to be an R rated film

And it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's a space horror film, not a fun action flick.

I don't really go by box office take since ticket prices go up every year, so these lists mean nothing to me.

Yeah, you need to look at Adjusted numbers for any real value, which even then, is not perfect.

And it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's a space horror film, not a fun action flick.

Yeah, that too

Don't worry, I'm sure the Hobbit will make it's way up there as well, just like TDKR.

I'm sure both will. I believe The Hobbit can make a serious long term run at Avatar and I think TDKR will make it close to the Top 5 as well.

Its just fun to see where films end up at more than anything.

Loved it, and definitely plan on a 2nd viewing.

Hulk was awesome, as was Thor. Cap is still my fave Avenger though.

My wife loved Iron Man.

We all really enjoyed it.

Just came home from seeing this. Great movie guys, great movie! Even the gf loved it, and this is not her kind of flick. Hulk was one of the best things about this whole movie for me. It was simply done right this time. My top favorite scenes involved the Hulk (the part where he destroy Loki is absolutely amazing). My only problem with the movie was
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm hurting for some Avengers collectibles now. Mostly Iron Man and Hulk stuff though.

No more idle talk. Time to see it again.

575232_10151887574450107_545970106_24245630_1340280425_n.jpg

Just came home from seeing this. Great movie guys, great movie! Even the gf loved it, and this is not her kind of flick. Hulk was one of the best things about this whole movie for me. It was simply done right this time. My top favorite scenes involved the Hulk (the part where he destroy Loki is absolutely amazing). My only problem with the movie was
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm hurting for some Avengers collectibles now. Mostly Iron Man and Hulk stuff though.

He will be back :monkey3
Spoiler Spoiler:

The film was amazing. And some of the funniest scenes ever. When Hulk bashes Loki, I almost soiled my pants!!!!

Last edited:
My theater in Live Oak (San Antonio area) has this B.S. called the RPX 3D experience which was touting a 65 foot screen with 36,000 watts of surround sound. The previews were only using about 90% of this screen and to my surprise, so was the main feature! The picture was not wide enough to fill the sides of the screen so it had that cropped look, which made it seem like I was watching the film in a 4 X 3 widescreen presentation. The dialog volume was really low. I couldn't hear any of the speech when everyone started laughing or making comments. I went to catch the 2D version but it was sold out so I had to see this in RPX 3D which was 3 bucks more than the regular 3D! What a CROCK! Don't fall for it if avoidable!
I missed the Germany scene due to a 7 year old daughter restroom break. You know those. "Do you have to go before the movie?" "No" " Go try and see" "I don't have to go!" " Alright, we're not leaving once the movie starts" "ok"...."Alright let's hurry up and go!" hahaha
Other than that and the low volumes, this movie rocked @$$man! I will see it a second time to catch the stuff I missed!

I saw the movie with my company on Friday, and of coarse loved it. A question for any that were paying attention: Did Hulk speak in the movie other than "Puny God" after ragdolling Loki? I just don't remember him talking at any point.

And that scene with Loki made me happy to be on this planet :)

I saw the movie with my company on Friday, and of coarse loved it. A question for any that were paying attention: Did Hulk speak in the movie other than "Puny God" after ragdolling Loki? I just don't remember him talking at any point.

And that scene with Loki made me happy to be on this planet :)

I saw the movie twice this weekend and missed what Hulk said both times. Thanks for letting me know. I did not see anyone mention it here...though I am sure someone must have.

But I am certain that wasis only line.

Back