The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That;s the worst thing I've seen today.

I turned it off after the arrow to the knee line.

Anyhoo....

This movie is pretty much Transformers 3. Same set up, same sorta plot, sameish, ending.

However, it's got a story, ACTUAL CHARACTER development, and just about some of the best writing in the genre.

It's TF3 done right. Bay should hire Joss. :D

:goodpost: :exactly:

Those sean long videos represent everything unfunny about the internet:slap

Big advantage for whoever is drafted in for the inevitable transformers reboot, they can do no worse than Bay already has.

Pretty cool movie. Awesome special effects. Iron Man was BY FAR the best. Certain IM action sequences left me speechless. Thor and Cap were good, and i think the Hawkeye and Black Widow scenes should've been deleted and focused that time on Hulk action sequences and more development of the BIG 4. Hulk was far too under-utilized in the final battle. I actually enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk action sequences MUCH more than the AVENGER Hulk action scenes. i left this film STARVING and wanting to see more Hulk. Ruffalo was great and the creature design was great, but the lack of Incredible Hulk destruction and domination really left a sour taste in my mouth. The sky is the limit with possible Hulk action scenes , and i can honestly say in regards to the Hulk this film barely got off the ground. I enjoyed scenes with Hulk-humor but there was a serious lack of creativity with the Hulk's action sequences.

I am well aware this is an AVENGER film and the screen time has to be spread out, but i honestly believe that Marvel and the film's producers made a HUGE mistake by not highlighting the Hulk more in the final battle. Hell, call me crazy, but i preferred Hulk's invlovement in the final action sequence in Marvel's Animated Movie: Ultimate Avengers over this Blockbuster. Don't get me wrong, this film is 100Xs better than Ultimate Avengers, but i cannot stress it enough THIS FILM NEEDED MORE HULK :gah:

:goodpost: :exactly:

Those sean long videos represent everything unfunny about the internet:slap

Big advantage for whoever is drafted in for the inevitable transformers reboot, they can do no worse than Bay already has.

I'd rather watch Sam Witwicky's mother run around high on weed brownies, on a loop for four hours, then watch one more video of his ever again.

:monkey1

Pretty cool movie. Awesome special effects. Iron Man was BY FAR the best. Certain IM action sequences left me speechless. Thor and Cap were good, andi think the Hawkeye and Black Widow scenes should've been deleted and focused that time on Hulk action sequences and more development of the BIG 4. Hulk was far too under-utilized in the final battle. I actually enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk action sequences MUCH more than the AVENGER Hulk action scenes. i left this film STARVING and wanting to see more Hulk. Ruffalo was great and the creature design was great, but the lack of Incredible Hulk destruction and domination really left a sour taste in my mouth. The sky is the limit with possible Hulk action scenes , and i can honestly say in regards to the Hulk this film barely got off the ground. I enjoyed scenes with Hulk-humor but there was a serious lack of creativity with the Hulk's action sequences.

I am well aware this is an AVENGER film and the screen time has to be spread out, but i honestly believe that Marvel and the film's producers made a HUGE mistake by not highlighting the Hulk more in the final battle. Hell, call me crazy, but i preferred Hulk's invlovement in the final action sequence in Marvel's Animated Movie: Ultimate Avengers over this Blockbuster. Don't get me wrong, this film is 100Xs better than Ultimate Avengers, but i cannot stress it enough THIS FILM NEEDED MORE HULK :gah:
To each his own I guess, but I think it was fine as is. This wasn't a Hulk movie. His time will come.

Anyhoo....

This movie is pretty much Transformers 3. Same set up, same sorta plot, sameish, ending.
:cuckoo:

However, it's got a story, ACTUAL CHARACTER development, and just about some of the best writing in the genre.
:exactly:

It's TF3 done right. Bay should hire Joss. :D

Pretty cool movie. Awesome special effects. Iron Man was BY FAR the best. Certain IM action sequences left me speechless. Thor and Cap were good, and i think the Hawkeye and Black Widow scenes should've been deleted and focused that time on Hulk action sequences and more development of the BIG 4. Hulk was far too under-utilized in the final battle. I actually enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk action sequences MUCH more than the AVENGER Hulk action scenes. i left this film STARVING and wanting to see more Hulk. Ruffalo was great and the creature design was great, but the lack of Incredible Hulk destruction and domination really left a sour taste in my mouth. The sky is the limit with possible Hulk action scenes , and i can honestly say in regards to the Hulk this film barely got off the ground. I enjoyed scenes with Hulk-humor but there was a serious lack of creativity with the Hulk's action sequences.

You must have watched a different movie than I did, because I thought Hulk had plenty of screen time and amazing sequences... and no way, is Lee's Hulk better than this one...

The shawarma scene actually got the most laughs in my viewing. Everyone just started giggling, watching the awkward meal, waiting for something to happen and then when Thor took his monster bite, the theater just erupted. It was one of those social awkward pieces that was perfectly done.

That's what is so great about Joss - he has the comic timing of a veteran comedian. That scene goes on just long enough that it's awkward, then it's funny because it's awkward and it ends before it becomes boring. Timing is also crucial for all the Hulk jokes or "He's adopted" - all would have lost something if another director had just had Joss' script.

Bay SHOULD hire Joss to write for him. ____, that's the one single problem with all of Bay's later films. ____ scripts, with nothing inside them.

But you can't deny the plot similarities between this and TF3. I don't think that's a bad thing, because everything was so perfect, and worked on every level. It set the bar for summer blockbusters.

Period.

That's what is so great about Joss - he has the comic timing of a veteran comedian. That scene goes on just long enough that it's awkward, then it's funny because it's awkward and it ends before it becomes boring. Timing is also crucial for all the Hulk jokes or "He's adopted" - all would have lost something if another director had just had Joss' script.

I have to admit, the writing and directing impressed most with this film.

I loved that because Banner was always angry that his skin color always had a slight shade of green.

:lol

I'll admit right now that I had a void moment tonight on my 3rd viewing of the movie.

My eyes went wet and I had a lump in my throat when Banner turned into Hulk in Manhattan which lead to the circling of the heros assembled for the 1st time as the Avengers.

The 1st and 2nd viewing didn't do it, but tonight it did. :dunno

:exactly:

You must have watched a different movie than I did, because I thought Hulk had plenty of screen time and amazing sequences... and no way, is Lee's Hulk better than this one...

Ang Lee's design and character Hulk is not even on the same planet as this Hulk. The design of this was really, really nice. Ruffalo and this Hulk crap on Bana and Lee's Hulk.

However, the action scenes in Lee's Hulk were much better. The Hulk scenes in this film after they were done, left a lot to be desired. I wanted to see something creative that i haven't seen before...and i didn't get that. There was nothing really out of the ordinary that Hulk did which sucks because his strength and abilities are pretty much limitless and i was hoping that this film highlighted that...in a similar way that it highlighted Starks amazing suit and everything it can do.

I have to admit, the writing and directing impressed most with this film.

The script was VERY VERY well written. Every character had great lines that defined their identity which is a KEY to developing a character. Many, many great lines in this film. i really enjoyed watching them all interact with each other, really fun

The scene with Hulk and Thor fighting together was almost balletic, it seemed like they were working together, as when Hulk rips off the wing and staps the fish and Thor pounds it in.

I think if you had more Hulk scenes he would lose his specialness and we'd have less Banner. This was the first time that I was as interested as much in Banner as I was in Hulk.

The scene with Hulk and Thor fighting together was almost balletic, it seemed like they were working together, as when Hulk rips off the wing and staps the fish and Thor pounds it in.

I think if you had more Hulk scenes he would lose his specialness and we'd have less Banner. This was the first time that I was as interested as much in Banner as I was in Hulk.

:exactly::exactly::lecture:exactly::exactly:

I agree. I was pretty interested in Banner, totally due to Ruffalo's performance. So, when the Hulk came out, I was like "Oh no!"

It became a scary moment, rather then a "OMG YEY" moment.

Bay SHOULD hire Joss to write for him. ____, that's the one single problem with all of Bay's later films. ____ scripts, with nothing inside them.

But you can't deny the plot similarities between this and TF3. I don't think that's a bad thing, because everything was so perfect, and worked on every level. It set the bar for summer blockbusters.

Period.

As I watched Avengers, Transformers didn't once cross my mind at all.

Back