The Art of Marvel Studios Book and your collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these are all my art of books for Marvel. I had art of Daredevil on preorder but they must of cancelled it or something.

IMG_20150819_184759_zps1wuleew3.jpg

I also have the art of Mad Max Fury Road because it was a stunning movie.

Sorry, I didn't want to come across as a negative nancy! They are definitely worth having. I got the set because I too missed out on getting those books when they first came out and it was an easy and cost-effective way of getting them. I just wanted to point out that the physical quality of the books are not all they are cracked up to be--just a warning so people could make an informed decision in case they were considering getting this set.

So yea, good set to get if you missed out, but be warned that the soft cover versions are hard to handle!

No problem. I didn't think you were being negative. Hardcover would be better. But like you, I missed them and so I am glad to be able to get the softcover ones even though they a bit harder to handle. It's good to know what you are getting when you buy something.
:duff

The Iron Man 3 book just arrived from Amazon to go with my 4 pack of the phase one movies and my AOU book.

The IM3 book is fantastic! Even though it's not my favorite movie out of the IM films all the armors in it are amazing and the concept art for the Mandarin makes me again wish they took that villain more seriously.

Now I want to get the Winter Soldier book next. But it's out of stock right now on Amazon.

I'm not sure about Thor Dark World though. I liked the movie, but looking at video flip through of what's inside it does not spend much time on the main characters because they were covered so well in the first book. Not sure how much I care about the dark elves and monsters of Asgard. I'll probably only get that one if it goes on sale. I loved the first Thor book though.

I missed out on the original Avengers movie book and now after market prices are off the chart. I'll keep my eye out for a reasonably priced one, but Marvel really needs to reprint this one. They should have made a phase 2 box set of Avengers, IM3, Thor2, and Cap 2.

The first Avengers book is pretty great. I wanted TDW art book, but if it doesn't focus on concepts for Thor and the other Asgardians there's not much point in getting it.

It makes me mad seeing all the awesome unused designs for Ultron... He looked perfect.

I have all of theme except agent carter and agents of shield. I liked them so much I bought some other ones like Big Hero 6, and how to train your dragon. I love the art of books.

Congrats. Same here i have all of them for the movies. Some of it are gifts from my wife.
54642b7d8e17144ba6c9b78344ac90c0.jpg

Already have the CW on PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only get those related to films I liked.
Iron Man, First Avenger, The Avengers and Winter Soldier.
All hard covers, of course. Very informative read with great art.

So is the Ant Man book any good? Any surprising concepts they didn't use?

So is the Ant Man book any good? Any surprising concepts they didn't use?

As usual there's a few options of costume designs. Was hoping for some wasp 2 design concept but they didnt include it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the art of Mad Max Fury Road because it was a stunning movie.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they had mad max! I'll have to look for that one. I only have a few: Both Avengers, GOTG, and picked up the Force Awakens, which is unfortunately not in the same slipcover but has a regular book cover. Guardians is my favorite as a huge Nova fan-extensive designs for nova corps gives me hope for the future!

As usual there's a few options of costume designs. Was hoping for some wasp 2 design concept but they didnt include it.
I'm assuming then the Wasp that is included is the one in the flashbacks?

On a side note: I am really hoping that in AntMan2 (Antman and Wasp) that we get more flashbacks. I was so impressed with how they de-aged Douglas I would love to see a lot more of a younger Hank Pym as AntMan along with whoever they get to play Janet (Catherine Zeta-Jones ?)

Still need Ant Man and Shield S2, prices haven't dropped enough on them yet. When these come out the price is in the mid $30s to $40s, they will usually drop into the $20s before going back up and never coming down. A good resource is Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. | camelcamelcamel.com, you can create price watches and see the past prices on a graph on Amazon, works great for catching the deals. I got Agent Carter for $9 (its back in the $30s now).

jYOvNDO.jpg

In case you still have some art books to get (or any other books), amazon has a $10 off a $25 or more order of books deal this weekend. Has to be direct from amazon, not a 3rd party. Ordered Civil War finally using it-

To use this promotion, you must enter "HOLIDAYBOOK" at checkout under the "Gift cards & promotional codes" section to receive $10 off any books purchase of $25 or more.

▪ This offer is valid on print books only. Excludes eBooks and Audiobooks, Book Rentals and Amazon Gift Cards.

▪ The promotion is valid for a limited time, on orders placed between November 24, 2016 at 12:01am EST and November 28, 2016 at 02:59am EST. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.

▪ Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

Last edited:
Back