The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you're saying that becuase he needs to cross over into the marvel movies proper, he dosn't need to do any crossovers?

For the record, he stars in a book that centers around Spidey teaming-up with other heroes. His SECOND BOOK has him going to the fantastic four for help to understand who and what he is.

a central theme of Spider-man is he's just a regular guy who can't catch a break surrounded by other lucky people. As a teen in high-school, he's a nobody.
THEN he gets super powers.. but gues what, ther are other people with powers who STILL have better luck than him. As an adult, the "jocks and bullies" get replaced by the avengers.

I'm sorry guy, but you're wrong. Spidey is now, and allways has been Crossover central in marvel comics. YES, he has some amazing independant stories. So do all comic book characters with their own title. Dosn't mean they will not benefit from being part of a larger, more involved world, and end up with ritcher, better thought out stories becuase of it.

It's your opinion, and that's fine. But again, the facts don't support it.

You're completely missing my point.

Spider-Man... is a big enough character... with a huge rogues gallery and enormous story potential... to have its own universe... much like he does in the comics...

Yes he appears in other stories, but characters guest star in his titles more than he appears in others.

So, what I'm saying makes sense, and is not "wrong".

There's an old rumor that Walt Disney's head is frozen in a secret lab beneath the park.

Osborn's head is frozen in those bays beneath OSCORP.

My theory has been Norman is manipulating Harry via Mr. Fierce. The quicker Harry gets the Lizard formula working properly, the sooner Norman can inject it into his head and regrow his body.

but that scene never happened Norman faked his death he might be the mastermind behind everything.

I agree. While he is in other books doing team-ups and things, HIS books are the longest running and most enduring solo character books and he has the most supporting characters and villians that center around him and dont often if at all feature elsewhere.

The difference between Spidey and other heroes is that if you cut him off from the rest of the universe he could continue on, but a Captain America, Hulk ect... Have so little solo characters that they need other crossover characters in order to function. Spider-Man does not.

Apparently Chris Cooper has followed Paul Giamatti in confirming he'll be back for ASM3, could we have 2 Green Goblins? a true GG and Harry becoming Hobgoblin? or even Iron Patriot?

This has me excited. Even though he had one scene, Chris Cooper gave me chills as Norman. I’m looking forward to see where the story goes.

There's an old rumor that Walt Disney's head is frozen in a secret lab beneath the park.

Osborn's head is frozen in those bays beneath OSCORP.

My theory has been Norman is manipulating Harry via Mr. Fierce. The quicker Harry gets the Lizard formula working properly, the sooner Norman can inject it into his head and regrow his body.

I can see this Mr Fiers being the man with all the answers, he knows where and what happened to PP parents. It seems he's been the man pulling the strings since Norman Osborn got sick, if he succeeds with Harry's wishes then he'll have the Sinister Six already to go by the time Norman's whole again. Just how he's going to recruit Octavius, Toomes and Brock is going to be interesting.

Spider-Man... is a big enough character... with a huge rogues gallery and enormous story potential... to have its own universe... much like he does in the comics...

Yes he appears in other stories, but characters guest star in his titles more than he appears in others.

Great point spiderman has some of the best villains IMO no need for him to do crossovers he's marvel flagship character .

Ah, Yes, I CAN see what you're going for there.

But counterpoints to that.

Spiderman is also an Avenger, AND a member of the Fantastic Four/Future foundation. Secret Wars. Civil War. the list goes on.

But at this point, we're starting to get into semantics. it'll be a WHILE before spidey revers back to marvel. it'll take 2-3 more reboots and origin story resets before people get tired of him. I'm fine to wait.

Or who knows, perhaps Sony won't eventualy screw this up by continuing to completely misunderstand the character. Time will tell.

2947807-4190126839-Ultim.jpg

Iron Man is bigger than Spider-Man now though. It wasn't always that way, I agree. Spider-Man was Marvel's flagship character, but now? Things changed.

Lets see some proof about the whole merchandise thing. Seems to me that the likes of the Avengers and Iron Man is much larger than Spider-Man. Again, if this was 8, 10, 20 years ago, yeah, I'd agree, but not anymore. He's one of many now, not the head hauncho.

Ok I'm not getting a argument or a debate any comic book fan will know this everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Movie universe yea ironman everything else it's spiderman always was.

Ok I'm not getting a argument or a debate any comic book fan will know this everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Movie universe yea ironman everything else it's spiderman always was.

Agreed with this. Spider-Man has been A-list for forty years, Iron Man for six. Once RDJ leaves Iron Man the character will go back to B-list, the actor is a huge part of the characters popularity wheras with others like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman and Wolverine the characters themselves are the sole draw.

Back