The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I never got to pick up any of the 12" dead, but I do agree that Id go for the 12" line before I go for larger zombie statues and busts.

Unfortunately, I never got to pick up any of the 12" dead, but I do agree that Id go for the 12" line before I go for larger zombie statues and busts.

With the economy the way it still is, there's never been a better time to start. Plus you don't have to worry about any new releases. :lol

No kidding, you could probably pick up the whole line, minus patient zero, for less than a single HT figure.

yeah ive seen a few of them for pretty good prices. Ive just kind of been holding off because Im in the middle of paying off other things, but yeah I have a feeling I'll end up picking up at least a few of them for sure. There definetly awesome figures.

ode to the dead.............RIP my friends...........RIP
ss18.jpg

ss1a.jpg

m9a.jpg

str1.jpg

Picture020.jpg

db1.jpg

Picture032.jpg

zom4.jpg

watermark.php

watermark.php

ha ha ha, thats what I thought also when I seen his sign that says "the end is near"...little did he know he was correct.

I've just noticed that the brown shipper box for subject 1206 - Mall Santa says "subject 1225 - Mall Santa". Is there a story behind this? Not important, just wondering. I don't follow the discussions on the SSC zombie line too closely, so, sorry if it has been covered already.

Sometimes those shippers are just labeled funny.

The 6th of December (12/06) is St. Nicholas Day. And obviously Christmas is 12/25 so they both work.

Sometimes those shippers are just labeled funny.

The 6th of December (12/06) is St. Nicholas Day. And obviously Christmas is 12/25 so they both work.
Never thought of that! You really suspect that this is the logic behind SSC's name giving for the 'The Dead' Line? Very clever way of doing it.

I also wonder if the 1/6 scale dead line is buried. Has there been an official announcement about this? I don't remember. It's surprising to say the least: I thought these 1/6 scale zombies where very popular. Would be a shame.

Last edited:
Hey guys, here are some of my zombies. Nothing special. I would like to add more zombies to my collection and have a zombie fest like some collections on this thread. Keep up the good work guys. :)

100_1074.jpg

There's an interview at CTR, that gives us more non-answers on The Dead 12", but basically says they want to get high-end in all their product lines, and they're thinking of new ways to go

We’ve talked about finding the best approach in doing a 12” figure, like doing a 12” figure with a cool environment. The cool thing about The Dead is while the 12” line is good for your generic zombies, there is another direction we’d like to take with it. Hopefully in the next few months we’ll be able to show a new direction, a different take, on The Dead. I think it will be interesting to see the collectors’ reaction to it. It’ll be something less traditional, but way cool! So, when it comes to 12” I wouldn’t say its 100% dead, but we do need to figure out the best way to approach it.

Basically, all I can do is just shake my head. I really think all people want is generic zombies. Police Zombies, SWAT Zombies, Nun Zombies, Businessman Zombies.

I don't want this new direction to be historical zombies, which seems like what they've been hinting at.

I looking forward to seeing what they may come up with.. can always just pass if it's bad...:) Better something happening than nothing..!

Last edited:
Back