The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant believe this 1/6th line is on hold too. I thought the dead would never die. If there was ever a line that they could just pump out figures in, this was it. The options were limitless. And this had to be the most cost effective line they had. If they stopped with the variants they would have had more budget to make new figures. 3 babysitters = stupid.

i cant believe this 1/6th line is on hold too. I thought the dead would never die. If there was ever a line that they could just pump out figures in, this was it. The options were limitless. And this had to be the most cost effective line they had. If they stopped with the variants they would have had more budget to make new figures. 3 babysitters = stupid.

They made 4 babysitters. ;)

Yeah, the overkill with Babysitters and Containment Unit guy wasn't the best route for SS to go. I think when this comes back they'll stay away from so many of these type situations. I kind of hope they go with some historic type zombies like a WWII solider, Knight (like the PF), etc.

Yeah, the overkill with Babysitters and Containment Unit guy wasn't the best route for SS to go. I think when this comes back they'll stay away from so many of these type situations. I kind of hope they go with some historic type zombies like a WWII solider, Knight (like the PF), etc.

even if they stay with more current zombies they can pump out a bunch of designs. basically any job or sport and they can make a zombie for it. they might end up killing the line on their own if they make historic figures that will look odd with the original lineup.

Not only the Sitters and green 805s, the whole line was moving from horror to goofier, comedic stuff. Some were digging that, calling for clowns and such, but I think SS wanted to go back to more gruesome fare, to get away from the 'yet another occupation' track they were on, and of course the 12" bods are limiting. Still, I would've liked to see some innovation or at least an attempt like the 8th Jason zomb body suit.

Not only the Sitters and green 805s, the whole line was moving from horror to goofier, comedic stuff. Some were digging that, calling for clowns and such, but I think SS wanted to go back to more gruesome fare, to get away from the 'yet another occupation' track they were on, and of course the 12" bods are limiting. Still, I would've liked to see some innovation or at least an attempt like the 8th Jason zomb body suit.

even generic zombie civilians would be great. Gotta fill the ranks somehow.

even if they stay with more current zombies they can pump out a bunch of designs. basically any job or sport and they can make a zombie for it. they might end up killing the line on their own if they make historic figures that will look odd with the original lineup.

It would look good. Zombies are zombies. At least for me it wouldn't be a big deal. If they are part of the TDead line and look kick ass in the process I'm down for it. I think going this route would actually be pretty popular with a lot of folks.

It would look good. Zombies are zombies. At least for me it wouldn't be a big deal. If they are part of the TDead line and look kick ass in the process I'm down for it. I think going this route would actually be pretty popular with a lot of folks.

i dont know. Im pretty sure it would stick out like a sore thumb. Unless you tell everyone that it is an employee of Medieval Times restaurant. The thing about the dead line that really brought me in was the story behind the figures. The "realistic" approach to zombies made it seem so much better. I liked how PZ went and bit so and so who infected so and so, etc..... Having historical type figures just makes no sense in the spirit of the original line.

Its a zombie line. It has no ties to anything in particular really. People are gonna look at it and just see a bunch of zombies. I think if you're a fan of zombies then you'd be down for that. I guess if you're really into that it all has to tie into a specific background like a movie line then it could but I would venture to guess most folks like this line cause they're into zombies.

i like the line cause i like zombies. I loved the line because it seemed to have a sense of progression from release to release. Having historic zombies just seems cheesy and forced. Picture the shelf....Patient Zero in modern attire..Modern Sec. Guard..Modern Dr...Modern Swat..Modern Baby sitter..Zombie Knight..Modern priest..Modern Butcher...Zombie WW2 Nazi...Modern Punk...Modern business man...
It just seems wrong. and IMO a real easy way for people to lose interest. Maybe they p/u a few new collectors, but i see them losing more than they gain.

Maybe you are right on the spot..Who knows.. I just am not feeling that idea

Like I said its an idea I'm down with. Zombies are zombies like I said. If done right I think a WWII zombie would be cool or a knight zombie.

I could be wrong but I would love to see them go this route with a few releases at least.

Like I said its an idea I'm down with. Zombies are zombies like I said. If done right I think a WWII zombie would be cool or a knight zombie.

I could be wrong but I would love to see them go this route with a few releases at least.

i think they would be cool too. But i think that would be the abandonment of "The Dead" as we knew it. Make them the con exclusives and it would be fine. But in the regular line i think they wouldn't work as well.

Its a zombie line. It has no ties to anything in particular really. People are gonna look at it and just see a bunch of zombies. I think if you're a fan of zombies then you'd be down for that. I guess if you're really into that it all has to tie into a specific background like a movie line then it could but I would venture to guess most folks like this line cause they're into zombies.

You're wrong Josh. I'm a huge fan of zombies and I couldn't disagree more. Doing lameassed historic zombies under The Dead brand would be jumping the shark. It's not just "a zombie line" with "no ties to anything in particular." You failed to mention that they've already established their own continuity with the story and the line and bailing out on that would be a HUGE fail.

Jumping the shark...that was the phrase i was thinking of the whole time i pictured a zombie in shining armor in the Dead line.

i think they would be cool too. But i think that would be the abandonment of "The Dead" as we knew it. Make them the con exclusives and it would be fine. But in the regular line i think they wouldn't work as well.

I've always looked at The Dead as a line of zombies that looked cool. They've got a bit of a story but its really just a bunch of cool looking zombies. I've talked about it with friends from the board over live and we think it would be cool. Like I said it would be cool to me. Its a generic zombie line that they do for fun and so I think they have all the creative roam in the world to try this but thats just me.

You're wrong Josh. I'm a huge fan of zombies and I couldn't disagree more. Doing lameassed historic zombies under The Dead brand would be jumping the shark. It's not just "a zombie line" with "no ties to anything in particular." You failed to mention that they've already established their own continuity with the story and the line and bailing out on that would be a HUGE fail.

Well, thats one way of looking at it.

the whole idea that made the Dead so special to me was the story through action figure technique. The story progressed as the figures were released. I think that is pretty unique and to abandon the backstory seems like an error. If they were to use these historical figures as a precursor to the virus reaching modern time and create a prequel type scenario. ie: the plague turned knights/citizens into zombies and was locked away until the present when PZ f'ed up and unleashed the beast; that would be a cool spin off for a bit..but please dont abandon the concept of the dead. it was unique and created well.

Don't get me wrong, releasing a line of "historic" zombies might peak my interest in some releases, but not under their "The Dead" flag. That line's continuity, again, has already been established.

the whole idea that made the Dead so special to me was the story through action figure technique. The story progressed as the figures were released. I think that is pretty unique and to abandon the backstory seems like an error. If they were to use these historical figures as a precursor to the virus reaching modern time and create a prequel type scenario. ie: the plague turned knights/citizens into zombies and was locked away until the present when PZ f'ed up and unleashed the beast; that would be a cool spin off for a bit..but please dont abandon the concept of the dead. it was unique and created well.

The Dead to me like I said is about zombies. Nothing more nothing less. Folks looking at them couldn't tell at all there is any kind of a story behind it. I buy them not for the story but the fact they look cool as ____. I understand that for some they need that story that it ties it all together. I'm just not one of those collectors.

The Dead to me like I said is about zombies. Nothing more nothing less. Folks looking at them couldn't tell at all there is any kind of a story behind it. I buy them not for the story but the fact they look cool as ____. I understand that for some they need that story that it ties it all together. I'm just not one of those collectors.

I have to say...when people see the Dead in my collection..the first thing they ask is.."whats the story with these??" They dont say cool zombies. They see the comic figures, lotr, etc.. and think these are from a comic book or movie. when i explain the whole "dead" deal they are genuinely interested and some of them actually went out and bought a few.
The dead look cool for sure, but i have a hard time believing everyone (me included) liked zombies that much to drop $1k or so total on them. Some bought it b/c its from SS, some bought b/c the story intrigued them. I can only remember a smallllll handful of people on this board or others who were clamoring for a mass produced zombie line. SS came out of nowhere with one and sucked us all in.
The story and chance of being involved in something different pulled most of us in. I will not lie to myself and say i was always interested in zombie figures because i wasnt. I never thought i would own a decomposing, gross, butchered figure (i have been in 2 wars, lost my taste for gore) . I got hooked on the momentum of the line and from seeing the clips and promos ss put out. I dont want to lose that feeling.

Back