The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems alot of people do want the blonde...

I'd like to be added to that list that needs help finding one of these! I guess this is our unofficial "Dead Babysitter Support Group" for those who are looking for one and those who are willing to help look! I REALLY want one of these! Can't 'splain it, I just do... :banghead :angelsmil

Maybe sideshow should start something called dead points, meaning the points give you the oppertunity to buy certain exclusives (weither they be international) that are not quite available to the general public, unless you live in that country.

Dead points are points you only get when you buy "subjects" from the dead line.

All of these ideas that could be done are great but unfortunately the reality is that the situation is what it is Red is ordered and processing, Black is the SDCC Exclusive to be ordered next week and Blonde is SOL for US Collectors. So since some sites like Play and other internationals get these when they hit, post when they have availability and those of us that want to be completists will have to bite the bullet and order paying the shipping and other fees.

I suppose this is for making Non US customers pay sometimes ridiculous shipping fees...

$80 shipping and tax on Palps?

Yeah I don't have to but I do enjoy buying them even the green skinned one. But with this latest one it makes me wonder how many international variants they have made without us knowing.

These International versions are usually ferreted out pretty quickly and posted about... I would think we would have heard something about it, especially on one of the more popular lines like The Dead. Granted, sometimes they sneak by, like the Metaluna Mutant Japan Exclusive, but even still, some of us knew about it and got one.

That's true. Most SW completists/diehard collectors don't have any integrity anymore. But surely you and Lonnie see the difference between trooper/army building and color variants of the same individual zombie character.

Not really. I buy one of each variant whether it is a trooper or a zombie because I collect them, not build armies, so it doesn't make much difference to me. And if you are building an army, wouldn't you most likely buy multiples of the same figure?

These International versions are usually ferreted out pretty quickly and posted about... I would think we would have heard something about it, especially on one of the more popular lines like The Dead. Granted, sometimes they sneak by, like the Metaluna Mutant Japan Exclusive, but even still, some of us knew about it and got one.

Yeah I didn't know about the Mutant until you did the checklist their is also convention exclusives like the Robert England FX figure that was released in 06 which I also didn't know about until recently.

Yeah I didn't know about the Mutant until you did the checklist their is also convention exclusives like the Robert England FX figure that was released in 06 which I also didn't know about until recently.

Yeah, I've got that one as well, so I feel pretty good about no other International variants of the Dead line that we don't know about.

Also, that Robert England is still available to purchase I believe...

EDIT: Yes it is!

https://www.fxshow.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=550

Not really. I buy one of each variant whether it is a trooper or a zombie because I collect them, not build armies, so it doesn't make much difference to me. And if you are building an army, wouldn't you most likely buy multiples of the same figure?

Yeah, if the figure was a trooper or part of an army, which a babysitter is not.

BTW, has it been confirmed yet that this sculpt was based on Dusty? If so, I might just have to get the brunette version for the coolness factor. :gun

I don't think any of the Dead have been officially confirmed as based on anyone and I don't think they ever will, yet many do bear a striking resemblance to SS employees.

The shoe is finally on the other foot. Doesn't feel right does it? Mwaaahahaha harrrrrr. What's that catch cry again?

THE DEAD: BE READY.

Posted this in the Conspiracy thread by mistake....

Behold, for it has come to pass, the Dead have risen and are on the verge of unmortality. Sideshow have ignorred our plees, and have raised the beginnings of a mighty army, in retaliation for our battering of their walls. But there can be only one, and well, that's all we got, f'un one. So it is our one, that must carry on in defiance, and bring down their army of undead, and variants alike, to a halt.

Witness the downfall of The Dead.

2ah8ky1.gif

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

HELL YEAH KREECH!!!!!

The Kurgan would be proud!!!!

I dont know how I kould have missed such and amazing post!!!!!

I don't think any of the Dead have been officially confirmed as based on anyone and I don't think they ever will, yet many do bear a striking resemblance to SS employees.

Dooley confirmed that PZ was a self-portrait, and I believe the others have been hinted at that they were based on SS employees...

Dusty is one of the kind hearted Goddesses that work at SSC.

Rumor has it she will be on Maury next year with Hayden Christenson and Optimus Prime doing a paternity test

My Babysitter is processing. Should be interesting to see what it looks like in hand.

Canceled mine. If I can get the goth variant I'll take it. Otherwise, I think I'll just skip the Sideshow stuff with it's never-ending growing pricetags and stick with the small company stuff.

I also cancelled my regular babysitter, prefer the goth version. I'm not playing the variant game, SSC can shove it.

Just happen to have only dead Exclusive versions, so I will stick with that gameplan. The Int. Exc babysitter looks cool, and would display well with the goth chick, they could be twin sisters.:p

If I can get her great, if I can't that's fine too.

Why is SSC all of a sudden just chaning out the clothes and pushing these as EX figures. First it's the 805 and now the babysitter. What's up with that.

Actually it started with the doctor and then their has been a varient for every single one. LOL!

Back