The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Empire think we forgot?

05FA67CE-387D-4B9D-9FBB-B1A26C4E501C.jpeg

Why do they keep making the same movie??

Not that I'm defending producers or studio execs, but maybe it's because every time a new movie comes out, fans bash it either for being unoriginal or too different.

I would've liked to see a continuation of Salvation's story because it wasn't a carbon copy of what came before, but people hated it. To this day, I'm legitimately surprised at just how much of a bad reputation it has.

And sure enough, when browsing the comments on the Dark Fate trailer today, I saw people asking why the Terminator universe can't just go to the future and stay there.

HMM. I, too, also wonder the same thing as well.

The extra pixels widening the font are meant to be a heavy layer of sarcasm.

giphy.gif

Probably safer to just let the franchise die at this point, but Genisys made decent cash.

I understand that they want to pass the torch...but I dont know (everything points that way.) why are they killing John off? He had a great build up in the first two movies and now probably they will just get rid off him in a flashback and move on from there. So basically they ''wasted'' two movies with John...and Sarah probably will die at the end...but who knows? It just an assumption based on the informations so far. Maybe John is hiding and they will reveal him at the end...but somehow I doubt that. I have a bad feeling about this.

Frosty at Collider said the trailer doesn't represent the footage screened at Cinema Con. This was all spectacle, while what he saw was slower, given time to breathe.

Not that I'm defending producers or studio execs, but maybe it's because every time a new movie comes out, fans bash it either for being unoriginal or too different.

I would've liked to see a continuation of Salvation's story because it wasn't a carbon copy of what came before, but people hated it. To this day, I'm legitimately surprised at just how much of a bad reputation it has.

And sure enough, when browsing the comments on the Dark Fate trailer today, I saw people asking why the Terminator universe can't just go to the future and stay there.

HMM. I, too, also wonder the same thing as well.

The extra pixels widening the font are meant to be a heavy layer of sarcasm.

giphy.gif

Probably safer to just let the franchise die at this point, but Genisys made decent cash.

:lol

I'm laughing at your post but I can't agree with you in this case because it seems to require that we like Salvation and if we didn't like it 'tough luck', it's our fault or something. No, make a good movie of the 2029 future war and the events leading up to T1 and T2 as told by Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor's narration and people won't bash it. I know it's easier said than done but Salvation most certainly was not it.

That looks terrible.....seriously bad.

Boring terminator.....

Boring wanna be Terminator.....

Linda Hamilton with big guns looks silly.....

I know, how about this? I T800 , different model is the main antagonist?

It was much more intense when normal folks were trying to defeat a well armed T800. All this “one up” stuff is awful. They now have a chase in planes? Cause they used trucks, helicopters, cranes and motorcycles....

Id settle for a decent car chase again, without CGI.

This is gonna be terrible. Arnold will be the guy they modeled the Inital T800 off of.

Stupid movie

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It's like Die Hard, first one took place in a office building, the second one in a whole airport. the third in all of a massive city, the fourth was the entire northeast of the US, the fifth one was an entire country. In the next one, a simple cop will try to save the entire world. :lol
Hollywood never learns.

Last edited:
I understand that they want to pass the torch...but I dont know (everything points that way.) why are they killing John off? He had a great build up in the first two movies and now probably they will just get rid off him in a flashback and move on from there. So basically they ''wasted'' two movies with John...and Sarah probably will die at the end...but who knows? It just an assumption based on the informations so far. Maybe John is hiding and they will reveal him at the end...but somehow I doubt that. I have a bad feeling about this.
Yea, I have a bad feeling too. Something tells me John is going to be unceremoniously killed off and this new girl is going to be the savior of humanity. And anyone that doesn't embrace it will be called sexist.

The only thing I would like to see is a Futurequel of them smashing Skynets defense grid amd sending Kyle Reese back. Maybe include Arnold and the T1000 being sent back as well.

T1 and T2 tell a very tight cohesive story with a perfect ending.

There's no way to tell. The trailer seems intentionally vague, which is a good thing. Anyone remember the trailers for the last 2 movies?

This was so... disappointing. The cgi looked horrible. Mainly the close up head shots of the liquid metal reforming. The endo’s skull is missing a bunch of it... looking like the 2nd Death Star. It is the 1st trailer... so who knows. Kinda worries me that Tim Miller was so pumped about this trailer and he personally worked on it himself. You’re proud of this trailer?

They mocked the last few terminator films... then just reused all the ideas from those films. I’m so sick of these ridiculous almost Marvel like action scenes with people jumping from plane to plane.

Look, Terminator is far from a realistic story, but the action scenes in the first 2 were... believable. Not comic book like.

I definitely see some good things in this trailer as well. But I’m ready to be let down again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was so... disappointing. The cgi looked horrible. Mainly the close up head shots of the liquid metal reforming. The endo’s skull is missing a bunch of it... looking like the 2nd Death Star. It is the 1st trailer... so who knows. Kinda worries me that Tim Miller was so pumped about this trailer and he personally worked on it himself. You’re proud of this trailer?

They mocked the last few terminator films... then just reused all the ideas from those films. I’m so sick of these ridiculous almost Marvel like action scenes with people jumping from plane to plane.

Look, Terminator is far from a realistic story, but the action scenes in the first 2 were... believable. Not comic book like.

I definitely see some good things in this trailer as well. But I’m ready to be let down again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah so much for all that talk of being 'grounded'. And ''recaptured the tone of the first two films''....ehhh, it's only a trailer but I'm skeptical Mr Cameron.

Yep, the first two films never had any action even approaching Matrix-y/superhero leaps from one moving vehicle to another or hitting someone in the face with a metal rod and somehow lifting the the person off the ground and causing them to flip end over end through the air with arms and legs fully spread eagle.

I don't care what the final story turns out to be, just the fact that they've already shown that those action elements are present automatically disqualifies this film as a true successor to the tone and feel of the first two. What the hell was Cameron thinking.

Cameron said Eddie furlong is going to cameo in this as a gas station attendant.

Yep, the first two films never had any action even approaching Matrix-y/superhero leaps from one moving vehicle to another or hitting someone in the face with a metal rod and somehow lifting the the person off the ground and causing them to flip end over end through the air with arms and legs fully spread eagle.

I don't care what the final story turns out to be, just the fact that they've already shown that those action elements are present automatically disqualifies this film as a true successor to the tone and feel of the first two. What the hell was Cameron thinking.

He wasn't. He saw all of the moola involved so he said "sure I'll endorse this, same way i endorsed Genisys." :lol

Yeah. How does he think it's going to play going from T1 to T2 to this?

If you're making a sequel to T2 almost 30 years later it's gonna be jarring as **** if your action is taking all its inspiration from the latest Fast and the Furious or Transformers movies.

Maybe it's because they couldn't do that kind of action back in the 80s and early 90s. Those films showed that the Terminators were like super heroes, having supperior speed and strength, but those films were also a product of their time, which includes many technical limitations. Realistically speaking, the Terminators should and would do the things they're doing in the new trailer. However, the action and choreography just sucks in the trailer because we've seen it in previous films, and in other non Terminator movies, and done better. So to me, it's not so much what they're capable of now, but rather the execution of the action.

I think the other problem in the trailer is the plane sequence. It seems like every Terminator film needs to top the previous one somehow, which Terminator 2 started the trend in the franchise, but not it's more like Fast n Furious than Terminator.

Back