The 5 Year Anniversary of ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the dude person

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes folks, that's right! On this day, five years ago, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith came out in theaters (at least in the USA).

I remember it well, because it was 5/5/05.

I didn't see it that day, but I did see it on opening weekend. In my opinion, it was the best of the three prequels... I think they started out terrible and gradually improved.

In this movie, George Lucas made a point of using color and lighting to aid in his storytelling. This is not more clearly visible than in what I believe to be the most iconic scene of the entire film, the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan on the hellish world of Mustafar. The entire sequence is dimly lit with a reddish glow on everything from the molten lava, signifying the sheer anger of Anakin Skywalker as he emotionally metamorphosed into Darth Vader.

While the acting and scripting wasn't all that great, this movie closed the gap between the old and the new, and ended the saga of Anakin skywalker, a saga that is to me the essence of Star Wars itself.

Definitely the best of the PT and other than a few things here and there its probably on par with Jedi.

To all that enjoy the prequels, I mean no disrespect, but I hated Revenge of the Sith just as much as the other two.

Not to rain on the parade, but unless you saw it outside of the U.S., it opened on 5/18 for midnight showings.

A great end to Star Wars movies though, and a great completion of the saga. At the time I was bummed at the idea of no more Star Wars movies being made, probably because of so much going on for 9 years, but now that it's passed, it just feels like the Saga's complete and there's nothing more with films to do.

I saw it at the theater, and did not enjoy it. I thought it was slightly better than the first one with Jar Jar. But as Ben says, all three of those movies were horrible.

General Grievous was the only one that I've ever gravitated to in that snore of a movie! Just not enough screen time of him killing Jedi scums, though!:emperor

Bestest design of a character forever and ever. Amen!:drool:rock
800px-The_General.jpg

I liked RotS apart from some bad dialog. I remember sitting in the theater after it was done and realizing that was it for the SW movies... was kind of a sad moment.

Yeah Phantom Menace was an ugly trainwreck, but it was the "best" of the prequels.

That's kinda like telling one monkey he throws s#$% better than another one, but oh well.

I liked all the prequel movies and Revenge of the Sith as my favorite among them.

5 years already? Time really flies... I can still remember going to the local Toys R Us for the midnight release of ROTS toys.

5 years! Wow time flies by quickly. Love ROTS. My 2nd fav SW flick after ESB.

Not to rain on the parade, but unless you saw it outside of the U.S., it opened on 5/18 for midnight showings.

Ah, yes, I suppose it did... then I wonder whay was so important about 5/5/05 that I remember it as being important 5 years later? :huh Oh well, it's still the same month... just 13 days later is all...

I went to a midnight showing and was something I think back on and smile cause of the anticipation with this being the last SW film. It was a very good end to a fun ride. It ended things nice and neatly of course and is a pretty enjoyable flick. Hard to believe its been five years though. Time goes by pretty quickly.

A great end to Star Wars movies though, and a great completion of the saga. At the time I was bummed at the idea of no more Star Wars movies being made, probably because of so much going on for 9 years, but now that it's passed, it just feels like the Saga's complete and there's nothing more with films to do.

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture Somebody suffering from a case of premature ejaculation.:rotfl

Back