The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NDS2.jpg

When it comes to selling, I can't complain. But when it comes to buying, it sure can be annoying when people bid their life's savings on something you want :/

Yeah I say I've over payed a couple of times but I definitely won't go as far as paying more than double the retail price.

damn, having trouble with my rothchild as they already sent it to my old address...and my old landlord is on vacation escaping the winter.

i have to wait for it to be sent to sender and pay shipping....if it gets sent back. :gah:

Got my shapeways order… The actual printed products are great… service wise I am not impressed.

After noticing my order was a week later from when they said it would ship (15 days after placing my order) I email them. They say "whoops we forgot to print your order, we'll get to it right away". I then get an email saying they cancelled my order and I say to them "should I ignore this cancellation email?" and they say yes. Apparently the cancelled then re-created my order. Not sure why but they did.

So now it's been about 40 days since placing my order and I get it in the mail… and it's wrong. The printed the crowbar in the wrong material and instead of printing two different models in White Detail they printed the same model twice.

I am not impressed. Everything looks good though despite material and model issues.

Shapeways Kunai by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_8130 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_8133 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

That's a cool crowbar, dedguy!

I used Shapeways once, when I purchased some Mal Reynolds blaster pistols (they were already designed by a OSW.com member and I just purchased them from his online Shapeways store). Everything went smoothly for me, but that might be because they were essentially a reissue.

Back