The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Quick Iphone Pics !

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC4.jpg

BC5.jpg

BC6.jpg

BC7.jpg

anyone has a loose bot head.. Working on a custom. Using a 1/6 DC, so any thing that would fit ontop of his body. Does not have to pop into the ball socket. Not too sure if a nabbler would fit or if it's too big..

Congratzzzz! I'd agree, it is a great start, but, be sure that there will be new stuff coming even better or at least equally good. That is the catch with collecting ThreeA... there's always something more awesome coming up next!

Thanks Alice! :1-1: I'll be sure to PO the upcoming Fighting JC. Sad I missed out those first versions esp. the standard one but not this new bad boy! :nono

There is a new 1/6 JC coming?? Pics?

It hasn't been "officially" announced yet, but the last VOX newsletter mentioned that late this month there will be "more Action Kartel 1/6 figures, from classic characters to new", and there was a big color shot of JC at the top.

Rehel is the next AK Preorder, Feb 17th, 9:00am for $90 shipped @Bamba.

rehel.jpg

Also, Metal Gear Rex got an Est. MSRP of $490, just waiting for Konami to give the green light...

Last edited:
Yup those prices are right. CRAZY price. It's basically a large solid resin mixed media statue. It's comparable in size and complexity to a lot of the 1/4 scale stuff Sideshow does. Their 1/4 scale statues are not solid resin and don't cost $250 (more like $350+) and don't include a full 1/6 scale figure and free shipping. The shipping alone, given that the box weighed over 20 lb., is no insignificant thing.

That's not to say I think Sideshow's products are overpriced. I really really don't. I am so sick of hearing people complain about how overpriced everything is when I really feel like it's more a complaint about not being able to afford something you want… but I digress. I am simply trying to put into perspective what a good deal it was. I am still shocked, particularly after having it in hand. It didn't seem like nearly as good a deal until I fully understood the size and detail of it.

That's a nice insult to ppl who aren't as well off as you ... Fact is, its an expensive hobby and most collectibles are about £50 overpriced. 3A to their credit have continued to offer their stuff at affordable price points though. It's just a shame it rockets in price not long after the sold out sign is out up. That's not their fault though.
As for the BC and GH, I've just paid aftermarket on eBay for it with NO regrets. It's a superb set and well made up about having it. I'm very lucky :)

Rehel is the next AK Preorder, Feb 17th, 9:00am for $90 shipped @Bamba.

rehel.jpg

Also, Metal Gear Rex got an Est. MSRP of $490, just waiting for Konami to give the green light...

Wonder why they changed his name from Boniface Rotten? Also, I think I will just get the regular version, I think blonde hair is actually going to be the better looking choice.

-Just noticed mention of a different T-Shirt for 3AA, guess I will get that and just change his hair if I need to...

Last edited:
That's a nice insult to ppl who aren't as well off as you ... Fact is, its an expensive hobby and most collectibles are about £50 overpriced. 3A to their credit have continued to offer their stuff at affordable price points though. It's just a shame it rockets in price not long after the sold out sign is out up. That's not their fault though.
As for the BC and GH, I've just paid aftermarket on eBay for it with NO regrets. It's a superb set and well made up about having it. I'm very lucky :)

Sorry if I sounded that way, but that's not my intention. I am not super well off and I don't buy a lot of anything and there's plenty of times that something I want is priced out of what I'm able to afford. I'm single and have no kids so it allows me a little more wiggle room than some at my salary but I by no means can afford to buy everything I want. Even if I could, I then wouldn't be able to afford a home big enough to house it all.

I'm just sick of people making baseless accusations about "company x" trying to rip them off. It's nearly impossible to know exactly why any product costs what it costs without detailed information I really doubt anyone has. If something costs more than you can afford that's fine. "Man, too rich for my blood" or something to that effect is great and I have no problem with it. Posting, every time a new product is put up for sale, about how far "company x" has fallen and how they're just jacking up prices "because they can" and that all they care about is money and ripping off their customers… well that drives me up the wall.

Wonder why they changed his name from Boniface Rotten? Also, I think I will just get the regular version, I think blonde hair is actually going to be the better looking choice.

-Just noticed mention of a different T-Shirt for 3AA, guess I will get that and just change his hair if I need to...

Hmm… different shirt for 3AA, that is intriguing. The reason I had decided against getting him was that I don't like the 3A shirts. I actually tend to take them off all the figures I have that have them.

Speaking of shirts, I forgot to post the newletter photo which shows an interesting t-shirt design being modeled by a female:

voxv24.1.jpg

Don't want to read too much into it, but I'd be down for another female wearing that shirt. :)

I think that might have something to do with the sci-fi alien line? Given that it's a reference to the show of the same name (which is an AWESOME show if you have never seen it. Nimoy for the win)

I think that might have something to do with the sci-fi alien line? Given that it's a reference to the show of the same name (which is an AWESOME show if you have never seen it. Nimoy for the win)

In the adventure kartel world the shadow family produces a sort of in search of tv show so more than likely its the shirt for a ak figure. I could be totally wrong of course, its just what ive heard a little bit of.

Back