The 36 -- ATTN: Bronze Gandalf(s), where are you? 16/36 found

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could afford it myself... Pre 2009 I could but not now... Damn

Price new ranged from 5000 to 6500, early numbers were cheaper, a system of pricing I never understood but there you have it. Keep in mind this us US dollars so it was even less in Pounds making these recent prices even more astounding.

Price new ranged from 5000 to 6500, early numbers were cheaper, a system of pricing I never understood but there you have it. Keep in mind this us US dollars so it was even less in Pounds making these recent prices even more astounding.

I agree, the prices are super high but if you think about how the daddy org started and how much you pay now, it's probably 10 fold. If you applied that to the bronze it would be worth far more.

Price is so subjective thing, if I could afford 100k I would pay that for this because I love it. £500 would be a stretch for me so I am totally out if the running but if I had the money, I would snap it up.

Having followed and hunted these for a number if years, this is the first on the market for dome time. I am not 100% sure what this will sell for but I am sure it will sell.

Darn exchange rate, pound is stronger than I thought so this is 25k USD. You mentioned there is no shipping crate so this might have to go to a fellow UK-er due to shipping hastles.

May I suggest that if anyone has one of these beauties to sell and want to sell it here, they join the Forum and wait to get commerce access. Alternatively eBay is available.
Selling outside Commerce is not allowed, selling on behalf of someone else that is not even a forum member is not allowed either. It could create a whole load of problems, so please do not try to advertise in this thread.

I've always been undecided about this piece. It's lovely but not several thousand ££ worth (imo), definately not worth at least three times that on the secondary market.

Each to their own I guess :dunno.
x :peace

Darn exchange rate, pound is stronger than I thought so this is 25k USD. You mentioned there is no shipping crate so this might have to go to a fellow UK-er due to shipping hastles.

No I think this can ship anywhere if packed properly.

May I suggest that if anyone has one of these beauties to sell and want to sell it here, they join the Forum and wait to get commerce access. Alternatively eBay is available.
Selling outside Commerce is not allowed, selling on behalf of someone else that is not even a forum member is not allowed either. It could create a whole load of problems, so please do not try to advertise in this thread.

I've always been undecided about this piece. It's lovely but not several thousand ££ worth (imo), definately not worth at least three times that on the secondary market.

Shell, you know....if you were still contemplating what to get me for Christmas, might I suggest this piece?

Just a suggestion though. :1-1: :wink1:

This is the issue with this piece. What price to pay? Didn't one sell on a New Zealand eBay equivalent for 5k NZD within the last three years? So we have lots of rumors of what these sell for but no real evidence or records of it.

Thanks for the advice A, appreciate your points. The seller asked me yo help find a seller as they are not linked to the forum and does not wish to use eBay. He is a sound guy but I get your point, was super excited to help find him a buyer and bring a special piece to the boards.

Once buyer and seller are linked I have no involvement other than passing on contact details.

Thanks again.

I wish I had the money to buy it as I would in a shot. Seeing it in person is better than pics, simply stunning.

I wish I had seen one in person before because I am not 100% sold on it. I only know how iconic it is. I have pretty much all the other bronzes I want, except this one. I do like it, for sure, but the blue patina seems heavy handed and a bit one dimensional, and the pose seems just a little off but I think this could be the angles online. Specifically, the sword arm looks impossibly bent and the body looks contorted with an odd twist at the waist. Not trying to bash this piece at all, more trying to talk myself into it.

I wish I had seen one in person before because I am not 100% sold on it. I only know how iconic it is. I have pretty much all the other bronzes I want, except this one. I do like it, for sure, but the blue patina seems heavy handed and a bit one dimensional, and the pose seems just a little off but I think this could be the angles online. Specifically, the sword arm looks impossibly bent and the body looks contorted with an odd twist at the waist. Not trying to bash this piece at all, more trying to talk myself into it.

No you are right, some pics make it look super green but in person it overdone but just right IMO.

As for the arm well that was changed due to health and safety concerns at Sideshow but again looks great in person.

I find the piece super dynamic in person and it just holds your attention. The detail on it is super and I love it.

Check out the other pics in this thread.

What's the background on the bronze gandalf? I wouldn't even pay $300 for this, looks ugly.

I do believe it is solid bronze. Bronze statues tend to sell very high. Add in it is a very poplar character from a poplar story, and only make thirty-six of them equals a very high price.

Just a guess on my part.

Shell, you know....if you were still contemplating what to get me for Christmas, might I suggest this piece?

Just a suggestion though. :1-1: :wink1:
Damn Chap, just when I've had a Lifesize Spiderman 2099 fig made for you...ah well, I guess I'll send that back now:dunno

You are SO difficult to buy for :gah:
x :wink1:
:1-1:

Back