How much will you pay for my collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats just the thing though - even if thats the only way you're gonna sell the less popular items - you're still gonna end up losing a huge amount compared to selling everything separate (or in smaller lots). Like someone else already said - anyone who would want ALL of that probably already ha some or most of it. Not even a question of who would want it (lots would) - who could AFFORD it.

If you do one day decide to part this out - some of that UC stuff is making my mouth water... :monkey5

Another PHX freak. I thought I was the only one.

Hello, GTB, fellow completist,

(altough I can only compete in the SSW statues and environments section and the SS PF and diorama section...)

You are one of only a handful collectors in the world that have been able to get all of these items into your collection. I am sure you have enjoyed the time and effort spent to get it together and it would be sad to see such a collection to be sold and split up. :monkey2

I don't think you'll ever be able to find anybody that would buy the collection en-bloc and promise you to keep it together. Somebody that would be interested (and have the funds) will most likely already own some of the pieces and would not want to have doubles.

As previous posters have said, your only chance to get some / all your money spent back is to sell all the pieces individually.

The only price tag I could put onto your collection would be the SSW part - but you should be able to get that value from Toytracker, which should be a good indicator.

If your buying price was in Singapore Dollars, keep in mind where the US Dollar is at the moment and maybe wait a moment to see if the US currency is gonna crash completely or not...:eek:

Whichever way you and your collection will go - keep us updated! :cool:

I think I would never part it partially - it will be everything or nothing and no less than a good price. having said that, i think it will be another 20-30 years from now...

I hardly think anyone here would pass these on to their children as heirloom?

Perhaps it is interesting to post it as a poll?

very interesting thread...myself i have several pieces that i would never sell in both lotr line and marvel. for yourself putting so much time into assembling this collection and if you indeed don't need the money, don't sell it, keep it and display it with pride.

i certainly hope that you have these items on display, if not then you might as well sell them and let someone else enjoy them. i have a feeling that you don't have most of these items displayed since many people have asked to see pics of this one of a kind collection, and they still haven't seen anything yet.

ps: shipping would be a pain, but if you did end up selling this to someone that had the means and funds, the best way to ship would be by shipping container. you can get a full sized shipping container shipped across either ocean for well under $5000, and that would be right to the purchasers door step so to speak. just make sure you have insurance for the shippment, just incase the ship goes down.

I think I would never part it partially - it will be everything or nothing and no less than a good price. having said that, i think it will be another 20-30 years from now...

I hardly think anyone here would pass these on to their children as heirloom?

Perhaps it is interesting to post it as a poll?

i really don't think 20-30 years will make it any easier, and most likely your collection will be worth less than it is now. the best time to sell such items is when they have hype/buzz, which usually means some kind of outside factors such as movie releases. so if you were serious about selling these items, i would look at doing something during the next hobbit movie release. hopefully the ecomony will have straightened itself out by then and more people will have the funds available for such a large purchase. i mean for all you know 20-30 years from now LOTR could be a forgotten movie made somewhere around australia...

Last edited:
Back