How much will you pay for my collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then why post? Just to be negative? Do i post on the buffy board and say it's with nothing to me because it's buffy?

I do post on the Buffy board.And yeah its worth nothing there also.They do are perverted though.

Congratulations, post count increased by 1 for absolutely no point whatsoever!

Me too, what a waste of time.:monkey2

the title of the thread was : How much will you pay for my collection?

No point was needed.one more post count for me.

I own the entire Sideshow/Weta LOTR line minus bronze Gandalf and spent a little under $20,000 for it (started buying in 2002). So that part of your collection is worth more than $20K, but only if you sell individual pieces or very small groupings that make sense.

I don't have any of the other products on your list other than original posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai Hulud
the title of the thread was : How much will you pay for my collection?

No point was needed.one more post count for me.

Yeah, whatever.:rolleyes:

Fellas, fellas.....fellas.

Lets stop this trivial post padding! For goodness sakes, we're already in the Commerce section.

Tee-Hee! Now chalk one up for the ol' Took!!:D

For bulk sale, I'd say twice the amount you paid would be max.

Show your collection pics .... that'd be the sales pitch

I guess you could say it's worth 40K (or whatever amount) on paper, but would you attract a buyer with an auction listing for the whole lot? It's hard to say.

that's true...you might get more if you sell things individually...more work, but I think you'll get a bigger return :rock

I'm having to part with about a third of my SSW LOTR collection. It's just too much stuff and takes up too much space; it looks like I have an addicition with as many pieces as I bought. Started putting up on Ebay last week. And let me tell you, it's hard to let these things go. At first, I went through the pieces that I just felt like I didn't really want anymore, plus any duplicates. Then, while taking pictures, I started to second guess wether I should get rid of certain pieces (Elendil Bust, Theoden Bust, cleaved orc bust, etc.) Anyone have any similar problems. But I'm sticking to my guns.

If you insist on selling it as a lot you'll get maybe one tenth what you'd get if you sold it by the piece. Impressive collection though.

Exactly Dave....Someone who is a big enough fan of LOTR etc. to buy ALL of this, probably has some pieces of this collection already. It is a very nice, very big...very expensive collection.

I think the point/problem GTB, is not what someone should/would pay for this..But, whether or not there is ACTUALLY someone out there who will??:eek:

But, if you were looking for an estimate of what I would pay for it all, if I hypothectically had the cash??

$45,590​

WITH shipping included...:monkey3

i got six bucks....

Impressive collection man. All the best on selling and or insuring it.

Why don't you consider selling them in groups or batches instead? But I still think it would be quite difficult to do so as your potential buyer has to be a big LOTR fan. And as a LOTR fan, he or she will naturally already own some or most of the items in your collection, so I doubt the buyer will be willing to pay for duplicates unless the total price is attractive enough.

Selling them individually will require a mammoth effort. Just listing them on ebay is going to take quite a while!!

On a rough esimate, your collection is probably worth close around 80k to 100k.

go on Ebay and see the going prices for "what EBay calls fair market value" I personally hate using EBay as a gauge but that seems to be the way nowadays....break everything down and itemize in excel..add em all up and see...remember its only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay...so some might be lower in value even tho you paid more....word of advice..if you are into this to make money sell when the ++++ is hot! take bowen for example....prices on the hot pieces..DD red..captain america modern...thor 1st statue..all dropped like a rock in price...all of these commanded like 400 about 2 yrs ago...now you lucky to break even...give or take 200...bowen used to be the definitive marvel statue now SS kicks their ass....probably why SS now distrbutes bowen...:rotfl

its gonna be hard to unload at high prices on some of the less popular LOTR stuff....maybe when the next movie comes out..time to kill on that was during the movies

go on Ebay and see the going prices for "what EBay calls fair market value" I personally hate using EBay as a gauge but that seems to be the way nowadays....break everything down and itemize in excel..add em all up and see...remember its only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay...so some might be lower in value even tho you paid more....word of advice..if you are into this to make money sell when the ++++ is hot! take bowen for example....prices on the hot pieces..DD red..captain america modern...thor 1st statue..all dropped like a rock in price...all of these commanded like 400 about 2 yrs ago...now you lucky to break even...give or take 200...bowen used to be the definitive marvel statue now SS kicks their ass....probably why SS now distrbutes bowen...:rotfl

its gonna be hard to unload at high prices on some of the less popular LOTR stuff....maybe when the next movie comes out..time to kill on that was during the movies

Well, thats the reason why I want to sell them as a set? An Orc Hide helm certainly cannot fetch more than 20 on ebay, but combining it with say Witchking crown could get me at least 300

Thats just the thing though - even if thats the only way you're gonna sell the less popular items - you're still gonna end up losing a huge amount compared to selling everything separate (or in smaller lots). Like someone else already said - anyone who would want ALL of that probably already ha some or most of it. Not even a question of who would want it (lots would) - who could AFFORD it.

If you do one day decide to part this out - some of that UC stuff is making my mouth water... :monkey5

Back