The 1989 Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1989 Batman Collection

melton-1.jpg

Couple of pieces from the old (and missed,) WB Catalog.

YES! i kept that ad forever as well but sadly mine is long gone now. thanks!

I finally found my Batmobile model I built over 20 years ago. :horror

No cracks about how the paint isn't screen accurate. :lol

pMlu2.jpg

K2YOq.jpg

f0sr6.png

I think the paint is fine because, subconsciously I bet you had the Kenner paint jobs in mind.

TDKC Batmobile and Batman Returns Batmissile from Kenner both had gold hubcaps. Ain't nothing wrong with that, I dig the paint job you gave that baby. :rock

That model is a great one. So tempted to buy another and build it up for old time sake. Can't WAIT for the Hot Toys Batmobile.

I think the paint is fine because, subconsciously I bet you had the Kenner paint jobs in mind.

TDKC Batmobile and Batman Returns Batmissile from Kenner both had gold hubcaps. Ain't nothing wrong with that, I dig the paint job you gave that baby. :rock

That model is a great one. So tempted to buy another and build it up for old time sake. Can't WAIT for the Hot Toys Batmobile.

Thanks! Yeah, just seeing this makes me want the HT Batmobile even more. It really is a fantastic design. And I think the side pic I took really shows how long, lean and mean it looks. That's something I want to see first-hand with the HT version.

Looks great, I always sucked at putting models together.

I built quite a few models as a kid. And even though I wasn't really a kid when I build this, it's the only one I ever kept. Well, this and the Batwing (which I still haven't been able to find). :panic:

The more I look around, the more '89 Bat merchandise I see, and I f'n love it.

WB seriously needs to get on this and capitalize.

The more I look around, the more '89 Bat merchandise I see, and I f'n love it.

WB seriously needs to get on this and capitalize.

The certainly did back in 1989. It's too bad they didn't take advantage of it for the 20th anniversary. Then again, they probably didn't want to step on the toes of the Nolan series.

DC could have released some cool '89 Batman merch now. 2011 was a non-Batman year. Oh well. At least Hot Toys is on it.

I picked up a Ertl diecast Batmobile off Ebay for cheap. Had one when I was little and felt the need to reclaim it.

I did a title change so this could be everything '89 Batman, instead of just collectibles.

The certainly did back in 1989. It's too bad they didn't take advantage of it for the 20th anniversary. Then again, they probably didn't want to step on the toes of the Nolan series.

It was so cool during that summer....batman was EVERYWHERE.

Back