The 1989 Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love this film, i did a video with some things of my bat burton collection, now i have more stuffs. enjoy
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOT7gpCIwPw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOT7gpCIwPw[/ame]

Nice video :)
I just saw the Hot Wheels (which I've been wanting for years) for $99 on Amazon and jumped on it right away!

I wish you would have said I have two of those. I have the forever and B & R cars like that from Hot Wheels and all the Ertl cars from the 89 and most of the Returns collection. Waiting for the day when again I can display. My Children are aged 2 and 3, mmm.

I wish you would have said I have two of those. I have the forever and B & R cars like that from Hot Wheels and all the Ertl cars from the 89 and most of the Returns collection. Waiting for the day when again I can display. My Children are aged 2 and 3, mmm.

Sorry I didn't mention it. It was kind of a spur of the moment.
i kept seeing it everywhere for $200 and up so when I saw $99 I jumped.

You have to be careful too, there's a standard version and Elite, but oddly, the elite isn't film accurrate. The accurrate ones still go for around $100 on average.

Elite

hotwheels-elite-1989-movie-batmobile.jpg

Standard

hw2014_006.jpg

What puzzles me is how pricey the Elite is, I know it's special and rare and all, but it's ugly as hell to me.

I actually like the gold hub caps and gun metal finish but I don't like how the turbine engine, caps and rear exhaust is gold too. It just looks way too gaudy.

The gold hub caps and gun metal finish would have been enough. I know it's not accurate but it would have made a nice idealized variation to the original.

With that said, I still prefer the original. I have two of them. Never did get the bullet damaged one though.

Yeah I got the standard. I hate the gold on the elite.

At least it better the standard otherwise Amazon is taking it back.

I'm looking into getting the standard 1:18 Batmobile. To tide me over until the HT version comes out. Not wild about the elite version with gold.

Well I received it today and of course it was the Elite version so I'm sending it back for a refund.
Do you still have a standard you're looking to get rid of?

Let me have a look but im asking a fair price but I cant find any for sale to judge what I should ask.
Could you send any links of those sets for sale.
I was keeping them for a sort of inheritance time thing for my little ones but I do have two of them.
Contact me here
[email protected]
I should get some pics to you if your still interested.

Good '89 Batman day for me. Got a great set of original lobby cards in the mail AND won the standard 1:18 Batmobile off Ebay for $55 shipped.

IMO, the best Hot Wheels 1:18 Batmobile is the one that came in the swanky cylinder. It certainly displays nice in the package.

Back