The 1989 Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how we come to associate things. For me, the 20th Century Fox fanfare meant Star Wars, and WB meant Batman as a kid, sure both studios were responsible for other movies I watched, but when I'd see those logos, I'd think it was one of the two, and then if it wasn't, I'd get disappointed :lol

Yep.

Hell this is synonymous with T2 for me,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZPugXLBa0&feature=related[/ame]

That's funny because the movie I most associate Fox with is actually that Miracle on 34th Street Remake (for whatever reason). I do remember getting my first copy of Batman, though. It was around Christmas time, and my mom took me to Wal-Mart and let me get the 4 Reeve Superman films and the Batman movies, Penguin was very creepy to me as a kid, yet there was a sort of amalgam of dread and wonder when he and his cronies were on-screen, Jack, though, just oozed charisma, even when electrocuting people, and again, I couldn't look away.

They're not products, but anyone else have these commercials on their VHS copy of the movie back in the day. I loved this movie so much as a kid I actually even got excited to watch the Coke commercial :lol, but like clockwork, first the Coke ad, then the Warner add, then the clouds and the Elfman theme.

https://youtu.be/4Wx2PhdTDps

Bugs is quite the Brooklyn guy :)

I still get chills from that crappy Warners Home video opening. Just that opening and weird, techno drum/trumpet whatever was always an indication that the film was about to start. I must have saw that come up 100 times and then it slowly starts to fade and you get the darker WB logo with the dark atmosphere and music, then those sunny clouds change to bleak darkness.

It's funny how we come to associate things. For me, the 20th Century Fox fanfare meant Star Wars, and WB meant Batman as a kid, sure both studios were responsible for other movies I watched, but when I'd see those logos, I'd think it was one of the two, and then if it wasn't, I'd get disappointed :lol

I get chills with the old Konami logo, damn I miss it.

But yeah I also associate 20th Century Fox with Star Wars, in fact any time I'm at home and the fanfare ends I start to hum the SW stroll :)

I'm not sure I associate WB with anything but I've always associated Universal with Jurassic Park.

Re: 1989 Batman Collection

I have a full uncut sheet of the trading cards from i think the second series... but i don't have any pics of it, i have various toys and randomness here and there. Original teaser poster and these variations of Batman:

b494.jpg

All of which look like Keaton... :p

M.

I remember how hard it was to find those figures. The vehicles were even harder to find. While the Dark Knight Collection was superior, I have a soft spot for the Toybiz figures.

Anyone know why Toybiz made three headsculpts for their Batman figure? It seems like a waste of tooling since any one of those figures would have sold well without the variants.

They're not products, but anyone else have these commercials on their VHS copy of the movie back in the day. I loved this movie so much as a kid I actually even got excited to watch the Coke commercial :lol, but like clockwork, first the Coke ad, then the Warner add, then the clouds and the Elfman theme.

https://youtu.be/4Wx2PhdTDps

Wow, I havent seen that in years. And you know what? Watching that now I got impatient as I did years ago, with it, just get the awesome movie started. I hate Bugs Bunny.

hey never collected any of the 89 figs or toys but they had a joker when got face wet his make up changed ..that would be awesome if hot toy's could give us that for joker with out ruining the figure's paint apps.........

I still get chills from that crappy Warners Home video opening. Just that opening and weird, techno drum/trumpet whatever was always an indication that the film was about to start. I must have saw that come up 100 times and then it slowly starts to fade and you get the darker WB logo with the dark atmosphere and music, then those sunny clouds change to bleak darkness.

OMG difabio i know exactly what you mean. i have the same exact feeling! whenever i watch an old VHS and see that WB opening with the techno trumpet lol i ALWAYS think of batman. and yes the same with the corelco which i always think of T2.

Back