Texting out of hand??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I don't text at all. We both really don't like it. My wife is a Professor and a lot of what she does is (surprisingly) administrative which requires her to be on the computer for much of the day. She has enough emails to send out and respond to that it makes texting unnecessary. In other words, if you need to reach my wife but not talk on the phone, email is the way to go, not texting.

My wife and I have been witness to a new kind of texting problem when out. There have been several times when someone is texting and just standing in front of a store's doors where they are just blocking everyone's way. And inside the store, standing in front of a mirror, texting, so someone trying on a jacket and wants to see themselves, has to wait til they're off their texting to use the bloody mirror! Or a person coming to a complete stop in a walking area, stopping the flow of foot traffic so they can read/write a text!

I don't have a texting plan so whenever I get the rare text message, I end up having to pay for it. Sure, it's just a quarter per text, but it's still annoying since it's something I don't necessarily invite. Is there a way to set something up so that I don't receive any text messages so I don't get billed for them?

Providers won't allow this to happen because it's the money through their network and bandwidth that is costing them whenever you do receive a text that you don't want. I almost took a job with AT&T on the Apple limitations project to strengthen and rework the entire network into a overhaul onto a Oracle database whenever AT&T was providing the service for Apple and their new iPod system, only because it was going to be hella $$$ but it was a contract to hire and I didn't feel too comfortable in my gut with the switching of companies and stayed at my safe house.

It also forces you into getting a text plan, it's more a win win for their side of the court in the ballgame.

Providers won't allow this to happen because it's the money through their network and bandwidth that is costing them whenever you do receive a text that you don't want. I almost took a job with AT&T on the Apple limitations project to strengthen and rework the entire network into a overhaul onto a Oracle database whenever AT&T was providing the service for Apple and their new iPod system, only because it was going to be hella $$$ but it was a contract to hire and I didn't feel too comfortable in my gut with the switching of companies and stayed at my safe house.

It also forces you into getting a text plan, it's more a win win for their side of the court in the ballgame.

Figures.:mad:

Back