Texting out of hand??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has ever checked how many texts you send and received during a one month period.

i was just checking with my phone provider to see if they had any plans that would be cheaper for our family and i was blown away by how many texts my daughters had.....:horror

i had 20 sent and received last month, while my wife had just under 1000.
but wait here it is,:horror one daughter had 8000 and the other had 12000:dunno:thud:

WTF :gah: let's just say he recommended an unlimited text plan.

ahahha my younger sister had a Sprint phone with a plan , she completly F'd that up . she's 16 btw /// so i got her a prepaid phone that you have an option of buying minutes or buying just texting /// thats all she does is text , no calls , nothing .... ahahhaha:dunno

I actually text quite a bit. A lot of times it's easier than calling someone. But what your daughters are doing sounds a tad excessive. :lol

just wondering if anyone has ever checked how many texts you send and received during a one month period.

i was just checking with my phone provider to see if they had any plans that would be cheaper for our family and i was blown away by how many texts my daughters had.....:horror

i had 20 sent and received last month, while my wife had just under 1000.
but wait here it is,:horror one daughter had 8000 and the other had 12000:dunno:thud:

WTF :gah: let's just say he recommended an unlimited text plan.

What I want to know is......Are you able to read all of them?? :lol

I don't think I've texted anyone since Comic-Con. It's hard to do on a RAZR phone anyway. I honestly don't have anyone to text. :lol

Wow - that's a lot of texts. I have unlimited texting with my phone - it's just $5 extra - but I only text maybe 25 times a month and 90% of the time it's work related.

l don't really understand why people text so much. my friends sit on their couches for like half an hour just messaging back and forth with someone. it's easier to just dial that persons number and talk.

I send/receive about 1200 texts a month, more or less.

Talk about 5 minutes a month.

Last edited:
I would say thats a lot but then it could be a good thing, if they didnt text they would be on the phone and could be using up minutes.
It could be worse
https://www.engadget.com/2005/05/11/indian-man-sends-182-689-sms-messages-in-one-month/

l don't really understand why people text so much. my friends sit on their couches for like half an hour just messaging back and forth with someone. it's easier to just dial that persons number and talk.
A lot of kids have limited minutes but unlimited texts so it comes down to $

I HATE talking on the phone, thats why I text so much. None of my friends or family will even call me any more cause I wont answer the phone. My Sgt. & Lt. even text me cause I wont answer my phone. The only minutes I use is talking to my Mom cause she refuses to text :lol

My girlfriend will call sometimes, but I try my best make them as quick as possible.

Back