Texting out of hand??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pet peeve is when you call someone and leave a message they listen to said message and text you within a few minutes of hanging up. Especially when you know they aren't doing anything.

If you had the time to put the phone to your ear to listen to a message you should have the decency to call and talk for 5 minutes. Drives me insane.

If I call you, call me. If I text, then text.

My pet peeve is when you call someone and leave a message they listen to said message and text you within a few minutes of hanging up. Especially when you know they aren't doing anything.

If you had the time to put the phone to your ear to listen to a message you should have the decency to call and talk for 5 minutes. Drives me insane.

If I call you, call me. If I text, then text.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yea that's the person that doesn't want to commit to a full conversation and answer at their leisure.

I never use my phone for phone calls, you want to get ahold of me then text me or use the message option on Words with Friends (my fellow iPhone people know what I'm talking about).

yeah the kids are already on unlimited text plans, what gets me is if i try to call them about something they won't answer, instead they'll text we asking what i wanted. :gah: that pisses me off which is usually followed by a pick up your f'in phone next time i call.:lecture:mad:

My wife and I don't text at all. We both really don't like it. My wife is a Professor and a lot of what she does is (surprisingly) administrative which requires her to be on the computer for much of the day. She has enough emails to send out and respond to that it makes texting unnecessary. In other words, if you need to reach my wife but not talk on the phone, email is the way to go, not texting.

My wife and I have been witness to a new kind of texting problem when out. There have been several times when someone is texting and just standing in front of a store's doors where they are just blocking everyone's way. And inside the store, standing in front of a mirror, texting, so someone trying on a jacket and wants to see themselves, has to wait til they're off their texting to use the bloody mirror! Or a person coming to a complete stop in a walking area, stopping the flow of foot traffic so they can read/write a text!

I don't have a texting plan so whenever I get the rare text message, I end up having to pay for it. Sure, it's just a quarter per text, but it's still annoying since it's something I don't necessarily invite. Is there a way to set something up so that I don't receive any text messages so I don't get billed for them?

Back