Texting out of hand??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2n34eeXWjUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2n34eeXWjUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

it gets really annoying with women I'd like to approach on the buses/trains for small talk. they are oblivious to their surroundings. that and their muisc player.

Texting is great. It saves me a lot of time. If I want to ask my wife "what's for dinner?" I just send a text message.

If I were to call her, I'd have to hear about how her day was and how she was feeling. Text messaging was definitely invented for men. :rock

Typical teenager on a Saturday.

Send: Hi.
Receiver1: hi
Send: Wat u doin?
Receiver1: Ntn
Send: Ok bye.
Send: Hi.
Receiver2: hi
Send: Wat u doin?
Receive2: Ntn
Send: Ok bye.

to 100 different people.

Later that night, mom comes home to find teen playing video games.

Mom: you played video games all day didn't you want to hang out with your friends?

Kid: I already spoke to them all.

I saw a Comcast worker driving on the road during rush hour with his laptop popped open next to him watching youtube while driving 45 mph.

Called the 800 number on back of his truck and reported him.

:yess:

I exchange 5-10 texts a month...and I do that grudgingly because I hate texting.

l don't really understand why people text so much. my friends sit on their couches for like half an hour just messaging back and forth with someone. it's easier to just dial that persons number and talk.

This is where I am. I completely don't get the whole idea of texting other than it's novelty. Honestly, it seems very juvenile to me. About the most useful purpose I can think of for texting is teenage girls messaging each other during a class as a way to gab sneakily.

I HATE talking on the phone, thats why I text so much. None of my friends or family will even call me any more cause I wont answer the phone. My Sgt. & Lt. even text me cause I wont answer my phone. The only minutes I use is talking to my Mom cause she refuses to text :lol

My girlfriend will call sometimes, but I try my best make them as quick as possible.

My wife drives me nuts doing this. She will spend hours in the evening texting back and forth with her friend likely saying what could be said in 10 minutes over the phone. She complains if she has to talk on the phone instead of texting.

Then when she is done texting she gets on facebook and talks to the same people via posting messages there.

:dunno

Personally don't really care for texting... seems like a pain in the ass, but I get its utility.

I do think overall its a bad thing as it further encourages people to avoid human interaction. People now have serious and important discussions all over a small screen that is largely incapable of transmitting the non-verbal content of the message. And as we can see on our own forums... the less responsibility one has for the content of their message the more prickish they can be.

Just my .02 cents.

Girls like to talk. :dunno

Funny that even with teenage girls texting is replacing the need to talk :lol

I
My girlfriend will call sometimes, but I try my best make them as quick as possible.

You old romantic you... sounds like a lucky girl :rotfl:thud:

galactiboy said:
Funny that even with teenage girls texting is replacing the need to talk

Not replacing. Expanding the number of ways they can do it. :lecture

Also, I take full responsibility for the things I say online.

Darth Cruel said:
My wife drives me nuts doing this. She will spend hours in the evening texting back and forth with her friend likely saying what could be said in 10 minutes over the phone. She complains if she has to talk on the phone instead of texting.

Then when she is done texting she gets on facebook and talks to the same people via posting messages there.

But that's women. All else being equal, texting is more efficient.

how many of you have been out on a first day and the other side texts during meals or the suppose to be quiet-get-to-know-you-better stroll in the park, talk about a deal breaker!

Wiseguy.jpg

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=https://www.youtube.com/v/2n34eeXWjUQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

:lol ain't that the truth!

Back